Options

Tele G Gone?

robotrobot Posts: 1,181
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I never watch it - it's only on for an hour, and I don't speak Gaelic - but Tele G (channel 18) seems to have disappeared!

Does anyone know where it's gone?

Comments

• Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Originally posted by robot
    I never watch it - it's only on for an hour, and I don't speak Gaelic - but Tele G (channel 18) seems to have disappeared!

Does anyone know where it's gone?

Probably the one viewer it had has cancelled his direct debit and reclaimation of his box is imminent:D :D:D
  • Options
    robotrobot Posts: 1,181
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just did a "store channels" and Tele G has reappeared!

(Already did this several times in the last few days but it didn't reappear then!)
  • Options
    Ray CathodeRay Cathode Posts: 13,231
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Tele-G still showing a caption? Maybe our friends north of the border can say?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 97
    Forum Member
    The 1hour a day Tele-G station was replaced on 8th June 2011 by the 7 hour(?) a day Gaelic station BBC Alba in Scotland. A number of BBC radio stations have been removed to allow it to fit in.
  • Options
    AngusMastAngusMast Posts: 5,153
    Forum Member
    I think the TeleG caption was removed at Black Hill DSO2, It's gone now anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    AngusMast wrote: »
    I think the TeleG caption was removed at Black Hill DSO2, It's gone now anyway.

Cheers for that. :D:D
  • Options
    TV KingTV King Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    okioki wrote: »
    The 1hour a day Tele-G station was replaced on 8th June 2011 by the 7 hour(?) a day Gaelic station BBC Alba in Scotland. A number of BBC radio stations have been removed to allow it to fit in.

I don't live in Scotland but would it have not been better for the BBC to have removed BBC Parliament for 7 hours each day from 17:00 to 00:00 insted of removing a few of the BBC radio stations which I have read has not pleased a lot of people who have Freeview in Scotland.

And any way BBC Parliament does focus more on the English parliament.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The bitrate of BBC Parliament is so low that it would not support a "normal" channel.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 158
    Forum Member
    BBC considered the radio to be just a way to use spare bandwidth until a channel was on. Digital radio over TV isn't part of the BBC's digital roadmap