Options

Dungeons & Dragons Movie

FusionFuryFusionFury Posts: 14,121
Forum Member
✭✭
Is it me or was it a big let down after the great TV series?

Was expecting so much more..

Comments

• Options
    SaigoSaigo Posts: 7,893
    Forum Member
    It's you.
  • Options
    pericompericom Posts: 6,026
    Forum Member
    Are you talking about the Cartoon series ?
  • Options
    007Fusion007Fusion Posts: 3,657
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should've followed the 80's cartoon. I wouldn't have minded seeing children, instead of adults in the main roles. Also, the move was too fantasy driven.
  • Options
    Grabid RanniesGrabid Rannies Posts: 4,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw this in the cinema when it came out (well OH was paying). It was literally one of the worst films I had ever seen - and I don't just mean it was boring or silly or whatever, it was technically VERY poorly made in almost every respect, in front of and behind the camera, for a modern-day major studio release film. You like or dislike a film according to the subject matter/interest level etc but it's rare for a 'proper' film to actually be technically incompetent. I didn't think it could be topped, but then in the more recent past (and again at OH's provocation), I endured the nightmare that is Sky Captain And The World Of Tomorrow - which says it all in that its only saving grace is Angelia Jolie acting like Alexis off Dynasty.
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The main thing that I enjoyed about this film was the ridiculously camp performance from Bruce Payne, topped off with his dayglo lipgloss. Just made the whole thing absurdly entertaining.
  • Options
    intruder2kintruder2k Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    If you think this is bad, check out the two sequels - the first looks like a masterpiece in comparison. And yes, Bruce Payne is back in the first sequel, even though he died in the original...and he's still wearing the same lipstick.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 905
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Didn't see the movie but would have been all over it if it had been about the cartoon! My fave!

Ranger. Barbarian, Magician, Thief, Cavalier and Acrobat!:D