Options

Unusual crushes (merged)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    I have crushes on
    Brody Dalle (singer and guitarist in punk band The Distillers)
    PJ Harvey
    Courtney Love
    I think it's something to do how they look with guitars.

Tracey Emin (I have no idea why theres just something about her)
    Hilary Swank (I've had a crush on here for years, hope she wins the oscar)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 107
    Forum Member
    This whole thread started with the one and only, tick the box for me too, Jeremy Paxman.
    Also on my list: Kevin Spacey, but where does the acting actually stop? Spacey is living, walking, talking, and now singing proof that "mystique" and charisma = great pulling power.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Louise Redknapp or Lisa Burke off of Sky News weather..

(..dribble, dribble....)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    Eva Longoria who plays Gabrielle in Desparate Housewives. Absolutely lovely.

My first crushes I can remember came when I was around 8 years old. They were Suzanne Dando (Gymnast) & Catherine Bach (who played Daisy Duke in The Dukes of Hazzard)

From the age of 12 and then throughout my teens, I found Kathleen Turner incredibly sexy.
  • Options
    MCSMCS Posts: 131
    Forum Member
    I also have to say I think Simon Cowell is nice and I also like
    Will Smith, Hugh Quarshie, Martin Shaw,Dermot Murnaghan, and I have liked Steve Martin for years.
  • Options
    CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Posts: 5,488
    Forum Member
    There aren't really crushes, but I do have would_like_to_meet/know_more_about feelings towards several chirpy and intelligent women who work in the media, like Sarah Smith from Channel Four news or Martha Kearney from the Beeb (Newsnight & Radio 4).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chuffy wrote:
    Eva Longoria who plays Gabrielle in Desparate Housewives. Absolutely lovely.

Ahh - I found myself leaning towards crush-dom with her, on the back of the Channel 4 poster billboard poster campain. It must be the one leg on the fence wearing flimsy pink dress that did it - BUT- when I see her walking and talking in D.Hwives, she looses some of her appeal.

That said - I would... ;)
  • Options
    CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Posts: 5,488
    Forum Member
    The scary about thing about Eva is that she is actually younger than me (I'm 30); I thought she was a mid-late thirties MILF or something, so her appeal kinda ebbed away when I found out that she wasn't.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 318
    Forum Member
    so her appeal kinda ebbed away

You're joking aren't yer!?!?

I'm 31 & I don't care if someone is 18 or 48. If they're good looking & sexy then they're good looking & sexy. Eva Longoria definitely falls into those two catogories.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, just to make you all feel better and much less crazy than me, mine is...........................

The beast from Beauty and the Beast, but only as the beast - not the prince at the end.

My best mate agrees, (shes also crazy) - we've decided its because of the voice!!!

Also, me and my sister are a bit partial to Tim Curry in Rocky Horror Picture Show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,842
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote:
    A crush on Will Young is not so much unusual but pretty pointless. I can't see how anybody can think he's attractive when you know full well he isn't going to be interested 'cos he'd rather be going out with your brother.

Most of the people we have a crush on are never going to be interested in us. I think Jonny Depp is pretty fit but is he ever going to be interested in me? I very much doubt it. The point is they look good and maybe you also enjoy their work and like their personality.

My particular favourite is Brian Dowling :rolleyes: . Gorgeous! Interested in me - of course not but I can still admire can't I? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    I feel your shame :o

But LLB? :confused:;)

:D
    I know :o I know ... I dont know what it is about him. Oh the utter utter shame. :o
  • Options
    Lady VoldemortLady Voldemort Posts: 10,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really fancy David Walliams in Little Britain

Thank f*** for that, I thought it was just me :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    I was sitting reading all the crushes and suddenly up popped Paul O'Grady's name lol. As you can tell by my user name...well yeah! I think he is incredibly handsome and he's a genuine, lovely person in 'real life' lol. Also he is funny and very witty which is always a good thing!

Other crushes include Tim Curry....throughout his career from the 70's right up untill now I think he's beautiful and I could listen to his voice forever! mmm!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 461
    Forum Member
    NatalieP wrote:
    Also, me and my sister are a bit partial to Tim Curry in Rocky Horror Picture Show.

Ooooo! I didn't spot that post! lol!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My crush when I was a teenager- I'm embarrassed to say this now-was Gabriella Sabatini, the Argentinian tennis player! In fact, when Wimbledon was on, when someone asked me what I was having that evening for tea, I used to say "Oh, I think I'll be having a South American dish tonight"! Nobody dared ask what I meant!
  • Options
    celtic starceltic star Posts: 8,254
    Forum Member
    This thread reminds me of a conversation i overheard with my daughter and her pals on the doorstep when she was about 11 (she's 23 now)

Friend 1: My mum fancies Tom Cruise
    Friend 2: My mum fancies Patrick Swayzee
    My Daughter : (disgusted) My mum fancies Sinbad and Joe Mangle! :eek:
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    John Hammond, the BBC weatherman.

Oh, how I'd like to play his hammond organ. :p :eek: :D
  • Options
    cuttlefishspikecuttlefishspike Posts: 5,761
    Forum Member
    Side Show Bob from The Simpsons...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kurt Russell
    Will Young
    Dominic Monaghan (Merry from LOTR - although i had a thing for him way before that - when he was in 'Hetty Wainthropp Investigates') :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nigel Havers
    Christopher Timothy (especially from All Creatures Great and Small days)

Cxx
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,649
    Forum Member
    Side Show Bob from The Simpsons...

:eek: You go for the bad-boy type?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,053
    Forum Member
    I think Ill add William Peterson to my list - Gil Grissom in CSI. Crime Scene Investigation.
    A very yummy older man .......
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My crush when I was a teenager- I'm embarrassed to say this now-was Gabriella Sabatini, the Argentinian tennis player! In fact, when Wimbledon was on, when someone asked me what I was having that evening for tea, I used to say "Oh, I think I'll be having a South American dish tonight"! Nobody dared ask what I meant!

The gorgeous Gabriella is still a dish worth serving, and hotter than ever. Last autumn she played an exhibition match against Steffi Graf. Made an old man very happy ;) (and me!)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 229
    Forum Member
    Embarrassingly, I like:

Rik Mayall - my absolute hero!
    Laurence Llewellyn-Bowen :o
    George Irving - ye gods, that voice! :o
    Ian McShane - oh yes!
    Ross Kemp - anytime :o
    Tom Baker - again, that voice!

I shall now go and hide back under my stone .... :o:o:o:D