Revenge Of The Bin Men - C4 - 9pm Monday 2nd March 2009

stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else watching this?
I don't think I've laughed at a documentary so much as the woman who suggested that the wheelie bins could be used for criminals to hide in and jump out of! :D:D:D:D
Complaining about the bins ruining the aesthetic, but not worrying about all the cars that are doing the same damn thing!

I'm loving the composting fantasist too! He's completely disturbing? Does he have nothing better to do?

Comments

• DavidTDavidT Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to know where they got the people who are appearing on this from. Not one sane one amongst them yet!

Love to know if people applied to be on this.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alot of things cannot be recycled and it's the governments job to come down on companies packaging, but as per usual british people will always moan.

Supermarkets do try but as per usual idiots complain!
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,702
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HAha that guy knocking on everyones door and giving out that email address.. they must hate him at the council!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm loving the composting fantasist too! He's completely disturbing? Does he have nothing better to do?

By the look of it, no. You'd really want to live next door to him wouldn't you?
  • jriojrio Posts: 3,135
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think I've laughed at a documentary so much as the woman who suggested that the wheelie bins could be used for criminals to hide in and jump out of! :D:D:D:D
    Complaining about the bins ruining the aesthetic, but not worrying about all the cars that are doing the same damn thing!

That woman was just absurd. Potentially, of course, a good reason to make the bins half the size, reducing the criminal element to those suffering from dwarfism.

The busybody just wants to stop anything that upsets his world. He's quite responsible in how he deals with his refuse, but can't see how irresponsible many others are, and that without coercion they won't give a damn.
  • koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I've seen criminals hide in wheelie bins on the Cops with cameras type shows.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like what the bin lorry driver said about their not being any good looking binmen.

Although I thought the blond lad in the back was good looking (not in a gay way).
  • stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've seen criminals hide in wheelie bins on the Cops with cameras type shows.

Did they jump out of them? You ever got in one and tried to get out one? I assure you its not easy!!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One good point made was that if someone picks up a bag of your rubbish and dumps it somewhere else you are responsible for it.

Pretty much impossible to prove who dumped it isn't it?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did they jump out of them? You ever got in one and tried to get out one? I assure you its not easy!!!

He was trying to hide from the police who were chasing him. He got caught and had to be helped out. He wasn't too bright.
  • QuiggletQuigglet Posts: 1,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the views of the public are hysterical and some of the practises of the councils utter stupidity.

We have cars parked halfway over a small pavement and a wheelie bin taking over the other half around the back of me. In fact the car can't take up more pavement or it would hit the wheelie bin.

Now you might think that our council would come down on them like a ton of bricks and clear the way for the rightful use of the pedestrian. - How wrong you would be!
  • GlenGlen Posts: 12,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some retired people clearly need to find something worthwhile to do with their lives if all they can find to do is look for things to get annoyed with.
    What an idiot that guy was driving around to look for bins so he could be offended by their appearance.
    And if that other guy recycles and composts most of his waste why does he have a problem with smaller bins?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DavidT wrote: »
    One good point made was that if someone picks up a bag of your rubbish and dumps it somewhere else you are responsible for it.

So the sense there would be to drill a hole in the lid of your wheelie bin and fit a padlock but then they would do you for criminal damage. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not something that people usually do, is it?
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only been watching for the last 15 mins, but having the little cry like that would have cut me up in that man's position. Going on his answer to the girl, is he really a dustman?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glen wrote: »
    Some retired people clearly need to find something worthwhile to do with their lives if all they can find to do is look for things to get annoyed with.
    What an idiot that guy was driving around to look for bins so he could be offended by their appearance.
    And if that other guy recycles and composts most of his waste why does he have a problem with smaller bins?

It officially called The Meldrew effect. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jrio wrote: »
    Not something that people usually do, is it?

No, but not the point really. Usually you don't have to prove your innocence but someone needs to prove your guilt. There are plenty of people who will put their rubbish in your bin and others who will kick bags around the street.

The bloke on the programme said he didn't do it. No idea if he did or not but he gets the fine regardless.
  • philoolaphiloola Posts: 3,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to know where they got the people who are appearing on this from. Not one sane one amongst them yet!

Too right.
    Theres actually some valid points that could be raised in a docu about the bins and recycling.
    Unfortunately... C4 decided to get freaks and wierdos for this programme.

Mr "Half Size Wheelie Bin" is proper hat-stand. He seems to think he used to work for MI6.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mr Meldrew can't get his own way so he dishes out insults.

He doesn't post on here does he? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    myss wrote: »
    I've only been watching for the last 15 mins, but having the little cry like that would have cut me up in that man's position. Going on his answer to the girl, is he really a dustman?

It's sad and ridiculous that she is being bullied because her father is binman (driver).

They are just using it as an excuse to bully her.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    philoola wrote: »
    Too right.
    Theres actually some valid points that could be raised in a docu about the bins and recycling.

Mr "Half Size Wheelie Bin" is proper hat-stand. He seems to think he used to work for MI6.

That's officially called The Big Brother effect. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No, but not the point really. Usually you don't have to prove your innocence but someone needs to prove your guilt.
    If all of your rubbish, or the largest proportion of it, ends up elsewhere, it tends to indicate your guilt, as with that particular firm that was highlighted in the programme.
  • myssmyss Posts: 16,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's sad and ridiculous that she is being bullied because her father is binman (driver).

They are just using it as an excuse to bully her.

It is ridiculous isn't it. Even though he's the driver, whether he's handling the rubbish or not, I'd give them kudos for doing that job.

Pity he didn't tell her to say 'Yeah and so what?'.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    philoola wrote: »
    Too right.
    There's actually some valid points that could be raised in a docu about the bins and recycling.

That was the problem. Any serious issues were lost with the people they used. They must have done that deliberately. Even the council bloke was a bit like it.
  • MutterMutter Posts: 3,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to work for two days at my local Council Offices. They do not seperate food, packaging , glass, cans, nothing. When I askd why?

"Oh, we haven't got time for that, much too busy."

If your Council Office bins are visible, take a peek inside, chances are they don't recycle either.
    Far easier to boss us the tax payer, about. Creates another few jobs for us to pay for also.