Theonelayisessex's, Lucy Mecklenburgh

Comments

• nats18nats18 Posts: 8,214
    Forum Member
    I've only just saw this show properly tonight are these people seriously only 24 they look old I'm glad I don't use sunbeds.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,986
    Forum Member
    bunny55 wrote: »
    Having watched the Xmas special, Im now off Mark again. He must know that Lauren will watch the show and see that he is telling her he loves her, then he gets in a cab and leaves with Sam (who he is sleeping with too).

Call me old fashion, but why sleep with three women at the same time:rolleyes:

Kirk wasnt in the special. Wonder why?

Psst. The show is scripted.

Mark is a very close friend and buisness partner of Jack Tweed, yet I don't think Mr. Tweed has appeared in the show. I wonder if he does sloppy seconds?

These people were cast to fill roles for the show and they are so ego centred they see the show as a stepping stone to fame and fortune.

It's the wannabes of Big Brother without a house.
  • LisaB599LisaB599 Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Psst. The show is scripted.

Mark is a very close friend and buisness partner of Jack Tweed, yet I don't think Mr. Tweed has appeared in the show. I wonder if he does sloppy seconds?

These people were cast to fill roles for the show and they are so ego centred they see the show as a stepping stone to fame and fortune.

It's the wannabes of Big Brother without a house.

No the events are set up, i,e, the parties and the nights at the pub, what actually happens (i.e. is said) isnt put into their mouths. I know someone who works on the show, theyre told "right tonight theres going to be a fancy dress party @ such and such a place and heres your costumes" (theyve had "help" with their wardrobes an "allowwence" to help them dress more glamoursely and "essex"), then theyre told "lucy we want you to walk up to mark and tell him what you think" or "Lauren, mark and lucy are having a drink go up and say hi", then theyre just left to run with it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. I was glad when Lucy put it to him and dumped him - but even then he goes around telling everyone he's 'finished' with her. Unbelievable. Also, how can he finish with someone he's been telling everyone he isn't seeing!? I think despite the filming and viewings, he's been telling both Lucy and Lauren that he isn't see each other one of them and justifying this by way of letting them both know he's not ready to settle down. Each other was being led on by thinking he was just being kind to the other - hence why they both couldn't understand each other's motives - Lauren was confused as to why Lucy would think she was dating Mark and vice versa. I think that's why Lauren broke down crying because the truth finally hit home when a THIRD girl got involved. I was shocked Lauren is still sleeping with him - that is the weakest possible stance she could have taken.

As for Sam, she's a nasty nasty low down slag, the sort you'd have to be always watching out for. To go shopping with Lucy for Mark's xmas prez? What? That is So Low! Well now it's all out in the open I don't suppose she has too many friends left?

ikr! shes gone way down in my estimation shes seen what hes doing, and shes STILL got into that taxi with him, bet Lauren wont be so friendly to her next time but Lauren really needs to go to Dubai now but she wont, and Mark knows that and plays on it.
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,986
    Forum Member
    LisaB599 wrote: »
    No the events are set up, i,e, the parties and the nights at the pub, what actually happens (i.e. is said) isnt put into their mouths. I know someone who works on the show, theyre told "right tonight theres going to be a fancy dress party @ such and such a place and heres your costumes" (theyve had "help" with their wardrobes an "allowwence" to help them dress more glamoursely and "essex"), then theyre told "lucy we want you to walk up to mark and tell him what you think" or "Lauren, mark and lucy are having a drink go up and say hi", then theyre just left to run with it.

I was using the word 'script' loosely.

Are the 'characters' barred from colluding with each other, communicating via text, email or tweet?

How many taking part have agents, some viewers need to take a 'reality' check. :)

Big Brother used to set up scenarios for the chosen housemates to react to, but the premise of them not noing each other was flawed.

Essex is an extension of that process, with outside influences allowed but no house or evictions and the characters know when they are on camera.

The other night there was a guy shown 'alone' for christmas (with just a lighting, sound, film and production crew present) having a cosy close chat with his girlfriend.

It's Hollyoaks on the cheap.

It's clear those taking part see it as a 'career' move, like the wannabes on BB they play roles for the camera down to having catchphrases or forming a girlband. :rolleyes:

The audience for the show either watch to look down on the characters as being thick as pig poo or want to relieve their own boring lifes by identifying with 'someone on telly' as if that are real and part of their own lifes.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    I was using the word 'script' loosely.

Are the 'characters' barred from colluding with each other, communicating via text, email or tweet?

How many taking part have agents, some viewers need to take a 'reality' check. :)

Big Brother used to set up scenarios for the chosen housemates to react to, but the premise of them not noing each other was flawed.

Essex is an extension of that process, with outside influences allowed but no house or evictions and the characters know when they are on camera.

The other night there was a guy shown 'alone' for christmas (with just a lighting, sound, film and production crew present) having a cosy close chat with his girlfriend.

It's Hollyoaks on the cheap.

It's clear those taking part see it as a 'career' move, like the wannabes on BB they play roles for the camera down to having catchphrases or forming a girlband. :rolleyes:

The audience for the show either watch to look down on the characters as being thick as pig poo or want to relieve their own boring lifes by identifying with 'someone on telly' as if that are real and part of their own lifes.

But youve just written everyone in this thread as being one of those people youve mentioned which is highly unfair, perhaps some of us are smart enough to realise what it is, but enjoy it none the less.
  • muddipawsmuddipaws Posts: 3,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why do people watch this trash?
  • The PrumeisterThe Prumeister Posts: 22,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    muddipaws wrote: »

Why do people question those who do watch it? I like it, it's derivative nonsense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, your right it is nonsense, totally and makes a mockery of "celebrity" if thats what it really is these days
  • crystal_methcrystal_meth Posts: 8,379
    Forum Member

I figured out this is how it happens as there is NO WAY on this planet them lot of orange airheads could follow a script or learn lines. The only thing that would happen is they'd end up tongue tied and going 'erm.... ermmm... um .... what do I say now?' I also figured they must get a clothing and make up allowance as they're very well dressed which would be unaffordabe on the salaries for the jobs they do.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well dressed are you kidding?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, your right it is nonsense, totally and makes a mockery of "celebrity" if thats what it really is these days

it is nonsense but then not everything i read has to be a pultizer prize winner and not every thing i watch oscar worthy
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The dresses they wore for the boxing match cost a few bob i should imagine.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's entertaining for what it is. A bit like bear baiting in the olden days, laughing at those less fortunate than ourselves etc... I don't watch it expecting to be intellectually stimulated.
    Forum Member

I dunno why I got into this show. It is truly trash. I prefer trash semi-reality to trash fiction but even that isn't a very good explanation.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah two bob :cool:
    Forum Member

I guess WELL dressed was the wrong turn of phrase. The clothes they wear are clearly expensive, above the reach of the average young girl who works in a shop. And their weekly cosmetics bills must be more than I spend on clothes in a year!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol I knew what you meant, but some dresses are barely there cant understand why people do that

Ooops must be showing my age
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's entertaining for what it is. A bit like bear baiting in the olden days, laughing at those less fortunate than ourselves etc... I don't watch it expecting to be intellectually stimulated.

i found myself against my better judgment really enjoying it, its like a jackie collins novel and you want to see whose gonna bonk Mark next lol, Arg seems to be the only decent bloke to be honest and i dont feel the need to defend my enternainment either if we want to enjoy it we can right? :)
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I guess WELL dressed was the wrong turn of phrase. The clothes they wear are clearly expensive, above the reach of the average young girl who works in a shop. And their weekly cosmetics bills must be more than I spend on clothes in a year!

Yet despite all the cash spent on their appearances, they look like low rent hookers and 10 years older than they actually are (or 20 in Sams case)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Funny you should say that, because I used to think that abou the Sugababes, they could sing, and no matter what they wore they still looked quite cheap

(sorry folks slightly off topic) - but its a similar thing
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i found myself against my better judgment really enjoying it, its like a jackie collins novel and you want to see whose gonna bonk Mark next lol, Arg seems to be the only decent bloke to be honest and i dont feel the need to defend my enternainment either if we want to enjoy it we can right? :)

Yep, spot on. One evening I might be reading Jose Saramago and the next watching this shite - lol:D:):)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sounds like its your guilty pleasure lol

Mine is keeping up with the kardashians its so bad i have to watch it ( sort of backgound tv) and midsomer murders lol
    Forum Member
    Blondie X wrote: »
    Yet despite all the cash spent on their appearances, they look like low rent hookers and 10 years older than they actually are (or 20 in Sams case)

Agree. I think it must be the Jhodie / Krusty effect on young women. I just don't get it cos they look awful, so old, and dread to think what toxic state their bodies are in with all that constant preening and smothering themselves with chemical products eeek.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,259
    Forum Member
    I love this show. I watched the first episode thinking that was blooming terrible but flipping fantastic all at the same time. Now I just want to watch it more and more.