*The Lady Gaga Appreciation Thread* (Part 11)

Comments

• Derek FayeDerek Faye Posts: 1,081
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think everyone was confused with the ARTPOP era.

It's quite weird to say because the fame era lasted nearly 2 years (incl TFM) yet here we are announcing it over :p

I will still say though, that album has good songs. I prefer it to BTW.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lol I just posted in the Britney thread how I wished Femme Fatale had a similar promo to Marina and the DIamonds Electra Heart style...a year beforehand....but I also think ARTPOP could have had a similar style.....videos to tell a story with the songs and each one allowing radio circulation too and airplay.....would have benefitted the album without everything happeneing at once and confusing everything.

Pop seems to be at a very bizarre place...when you are a big name like Madonna, Britney, Rihanna, gaga, first week sales are always front heavy.....but its like you have to fight to ensure the album sustains or it completely bombs.

While I am not a fan...Beyonce with her surprise album was a novelty really....but alas in the long run....it has hardly done any better in comparison to her contemporaries.....there needs to be a knack in how to do it....we shall just have to wait and see.

I just hope the Jazz break allows for Lady vaga to find herself creatively with her new management etc.
  • elasticloveelasticlove Posts: 18,257
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have any of you guys went to the artRave?
  • MissAyrshireMissAyrshire Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I went to the artRave in Glasgow last week and came home very happy. I thought she put on a great show. The stage set up was amazing and I liked that you could see the band. They weren't hidden away. Her dancers were good and with her costume changes you never really noticed that she was off stage. Her voice was very powerful and she performed "You and I" which is my favourite song by her so I was thrilled about that :)
  • Pele-thefiregoddessPele-thefiregoddess Posts: 6,170
    Forum Member
    I went last night. I've managed to see every tour including support act roles so far.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hey guys! I haven't posted in here for ages. I FINALLY saw her on Sunday at The 02, and it was incredible. She sounded (and looked) great, and I agree with MissAyrshire about her dancers and band-it was really good that they were at the forefront and she has great chemistry with all of them. I really enjoyed it!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm so excited to be seeing Gaga & Tony Bennett at the Royal Albert Hall next year!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tony Bennett and Lady GaGa cheek to cheek 11.55pm Friday 19 December BBC One
  • FellenFellen Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    Hello guys! I'm new here! I always love Gaga since I first listened to Bad Romance and fan till now haha :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Fellen wrote: »
    Hello guys! I'm new here! I always love Gaga since I first listened to Bad Romance and fan till now haha :D

Hello! I see you're in VIetnam :o that's quite far
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    J'adore Gaga
  • SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Winter Wonderland ---- The new single by Gaga and Tony :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=To8giHgPS8U
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24,080
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ok so I know we arent to expect new music from Lady gaga until 2016 (which is understandable!)

But what I have loved is she has been hanging out with Mark Ronson (again, they used to hang out in 2008/9) and THE Nile Rodgers (Madonna - Like a Virgin album, Chic, Bowie - Lets Dance/Black Tie, White Noise albums) recently with her Bennet promo tour.....my gosh!

That hit me...what if she really worked with those guys on album 4? That way all the fans she has gained with the Cheek to Cheek stuff...plus her fanbase who know her for her Pop star stuff...why not bring them aboard for a Electronic/Funk/Soul/Jazz influenced album with those guys in 2016? I can see that working...with new management...that would be so cool.

Just an idea.
  • MissMusiqueMissMusique Posts: 2,098
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So so impressed and happy with Gaga's oscar performance. I thought she sounded wonderful - great tone and control and really showed everybody her voice. She looked beautiful and happy too!

A great night for Gaga, and for me the musical highlight of the show!
  • Living4LoveLiving4Love Posts: 1,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come there is no Lady Gaga love on this forum? I know she isn't popular like she once was but its like everyone has forgotten she even existed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    Gaga is the queen :)

If you time check my short vid https://youtu.be/9TbpFspYL-E
    Forum Member
    re-listening to art pop ... I still adore 'art pop'; 'sexx dreams'; 'aura'; 'applause'
    was there an art pop vol 2? Will it be released?
    loved here message of support for Bruce Jenner :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 447
    Forum Member
    Omg @ not many people here
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Omg @ not many people here

Crazy, isn't it?
  • AlexvnderAlexvnder Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get ready Gaga fans! Perfect Illusion is out this Friday thanks to an announcement on her official Twitter :D
    Forum Member
    seriously worried where the appreciation has gone?

I like the original gaga and for me perfect illusion rides that train. I'm not keen on the shakes repetitive moments in the video but the video look and style is perfect.
  • MaksonMakson Posts: 30,476
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She gets so much hate in the Music forum...it's like people just want her to fail:(
  • AlexvnderAlexvnder Posts: 922
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was thinking the exact same! Perfect Illusion is a decent song and I enjoy it :)

People wanting a direct return to The Fame days need to realise artists develop and change direction.

A few people I know have said it reaching #12 in the charts is good for this day and age, especially with iTunes being covered in dance club songs!
    Forum Member
    i agree but i am so surprised that it has gone down to 44!
    So sad for the state of charts - the formula of sales to streams doesn't seem right.
  • Gigi4Gigi4 Posts: 3,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i agree but i am so surprised that it has gone down to 44!
    So sad for the state of charts - the formula of sales to streams doesn't seem right.

I don't think they should include streaming in the regular charts. I think the main charts should be based purely on sales, and then they should have a separate chart for the most streamed songs.
    Because I feel if you buy something, you are much more invested in than if you just casually stream something out of curiousity.

But I'm not surprised it didn't do well. Perfect Illusion to me is a very abrasive song and too repetitive and is hard on the ears.

I loved the Fame and Fame Monster, as well as a few songs from Born This Way. I read online they had a listening party and people said songs on Joanne are country rock. Would she really change that radically? That sound doesn't appeal to me at all.

I know artists change, but most don't change so radically. They keep an essence of what makes them unique and what people loved about in the first place.

I hope she doesn't completely abandon dance/electronic. I'm still hoping the new album will bring a few good dance or club tracks. But honestly so far this album is not exciting me too much.