Options

Backing music too loud?

RyclopsRyclops Posts: 500
Forum Member
✭✭
The singers have been awful tonight, the backing music is too loud and I feel that this whole series has just been forgettable performance after forgettable performance, maybe bar Andrea's week 1 song.

Truly awful series.

Comments

• Options
    man in the parkman in the park Posts: 4,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loud backing tracks are there to hide the miming and dodgy vocals. Also look out for microphones being held up to completely cover the mouth, very obvious during fleurs song. Stereo dicks and oty were miming the chorus. Take away the loud backing tracks and the majority of this lot are in trouble
  • Options
    AaronWxAaronWx Posts: 2,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It always his, has been for a few years now.
  • Options
    MrsRobinsonMrsRobinson Posts: 4,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe the music being loud is why so many of them shout rather than sing and Ben in particular was shouty tonight!
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loud backing tracks are there to hide the miming and dodgy vocals. Also look out for microphones being held up to completely cover the mouth, very obvious during fleurs song. Stereo dicks and oty were miming the chorus. Take away the loud backing tracks and the majority of this lot are in trouble

How on earth can the show justify backing vocals for Stereo Kicks? They're an eight piece vocal group for heaven's sake, practically a choir. It's obvious that most of them haven't even got their mics switched on.
  • Options
    NathanScottNathanScott Posts: 743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes.
    I've been saying this forever.

Only the Young are being completely stripped apart of their own identity by vocals too produced and a backing track that overpowers them.
    They have been doing their own back vocals for two years for **** sake. They don't need or want that shit.

The show only lets contestants sing slower parts on their own. Everything that's uptempo gets a loud backing track and the contestants not doing much more than miming to it.
  • Options
    Arnold1Arnold1 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought it was the shitty speakers on my Samsung TV but it looks like the show is the problem.
  • Options
    BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes.
    I've been saying this forever.

Only the Young are being completely stripped apart of their own identity by vocals too produced and a backing track that overpowers them.
    They have been doing their own back vocals for two years for **** sake. They don't need or want that shit.

The show only lets contestants sing slower parts on their own. Everything that's uptempo gets a loud backing track and the contestants not doing much more than miming to it.

Agree... Someone's trying to sink 'Only The Young'.
    Let them sing their 'oldies' and don't drown them with backing vocals.
    They could be stars... More talent in their little fingers than people like Jay have in their whole body.
    The minimum we need from a singer is pleasant voice... All Jay has is a pleasant smile.
  • Options
    ThiswillbefunThiswillbefun Posts: 10,599
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the Syco way, have them sing the verses and mime the chorus. That way it gives the song an explosion of energy and makes it look like the singers have powerful vocals.

Most of Syco's signed acts also do this when singing "live".

Or as the rule goes: "If you can't be bothered to sing, I can't be bothered to spend my money on your music."
  • Options
    SatnavvySatnavvy Posts: 5,211
    Forum Member
    Not loud enough for my liking - at times I actually had to listen to the contestants
  • Options
    MilkitaMilkita Posts: 1,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not that much. I kinda love this, though.