Options

Darcey so doesn't like Pixie

Comments

• Options
    ricardorobertoricardoroberto Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Darcey is a great judge if all you are after is someone who says, topline, core and great muscles.

Other than that she is pretty useless.
  • Options
    ricardorobertoricardoroberto Posts: 103
    Forum Member
    Cranfield you are spot on. I was even thinking of starting a new topic about this blatant sexual inequality.

The few straight men on the programme are clearly told not to make comments about the girls bodies and yet it seems perfectly acceptable for the women to make comments about the men.

I don't mind them doing it but only if the men are allowed to return the compliments. That's why it's called equality !!
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cranfield wrote: »
    I have often thought that if the men drooled and make comments about the female celebrities, the way Tess, Claudia and Darcy do (especially Tess) there would be an uproar.
    All the obsession about hips, guns, getting their shirts off, fanning themselves, etc. it is sad , pathetic and unpleasant.

Good Point. Imagine if Len said Caroline your chest looks great in that dress.
  • Options
    SeymourSeymour Posts: 8,248
    Forum Member
    duckylucky wrote: »
    I thought her behaviour after Jakes dance was ridiculous . But I think she had a tequila or five too many last night

Exactly what I thought , she did seem a little OTT....;-)
  • Options
    Chiltons CaneChiltons Cane Posts: 23,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd say Len if anyone is more critical of Pixie. Whereas he loves Frankie and overmarks her constantly. Her waltz was NOT worth a 10.
  • Options
    glasshalffullglasshalffull Posts: 22,291
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cranfield wrote: »
    I have often thought that if the men drooled and make comments about the female celebrities, the way Tess, Claudia and Darcy do (especially Tess) there would be an uproar.
    All the obsession about hips, guns, getting their shirts off, fanning themselves, etc. it is sad , pathetic and unpleasant.

Absolutely this ^^^^ I've been saying the same thing off and on for years.

It is not a new phenomenon...have people forgotten the way Arlene used to pick a bloke to letch over every series...or the way Tess used to say "get out your guuuuns" to Austin Healey almost every week.
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    -Sid- wrote: »
    Didn't Darcey say to Pixie it was hard to tell who was the celebrity and who was the professional? How much more praise do you want?!

I know she went on to pick out a couple of tiny things Pixie could do better, but that's in Pixie's best interest. She's not perfect, everybody has things they can improve on.

Why didn't she give her a ten, then?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,575
    Forum Member
    I think a figment of the OP's imagination.

Certainly Darcey stretching to find points that she could make to help Pixie be even better is not indicative.
  • Options
    QwaarJetQwaarJet Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Darcey gave Pixie useful advice. It's not like Pixie is practically perfect in every way.

She gave Pixie advice, but said nothing negative about Jake's dance, despite it being technically far inferior.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    davegold wrote: »
    I think Pixie is great but that doesn't mean she isn't beyond improvement. Last week Darcy mentioned that Pixie wasn't as good with her arms as with her feet and now I'm looking for it I can see it. I'm even wondering if it caused by her arms being longer than Trent's!

I get the impression that some of the judges regularly mark down particularly outstanding celebrities to encourage them to do better but then someone who is not really as good will end up with a higher score because they had a good week or because of some gimmick like Jake wiggling his bum.
  • Options
    Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    She makes a fool of herself drooling all over them like a frustrated MILF.
    d

II think the producers of SCD think every older woman on the panel MUST drool over the younger men! YUCK. I remember Arlene did the same thing and I found it just as unattractive as with Darcy. Same with Bruno, must we have him flirting and making "jokes" to the male dancers the whole time. YES Bruno, we all know you are gay.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lundavra wrote: »
    I get the impression that some of the judges regularly mark down particularly outstanding celebrities to encourage them to do better but then someone who is not really as good will end up with a higher score because they had a good week or because of some gimmick like Jake wiggling his bum.

That really isn't fair though is it
  • Options
    Forum Member

I am not a great fan of Pixie (ridiculous name for a grown woman!), I find her plastic but I have noticed this year the judging is ridiculous. Often the judges make wonderful comments about a contestant only to mark them a 7 or less. So many of the female contestants this year obviously have extensive ballet training, Pixie, Frankie and Caroline!! Seems a shame that the judges are not honest about this when making comments. Frankie especially shows that she has had extensive ballet. Beautiful body positioning and arms!!
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect that the drooling is mostly fake and probably even scripted. It's all part of the 'show'.
  • Options
    TerryM22TerryM22 Posts: 19,463
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I suspect that the drooling is mostlyl fake and probably even scripted. It's all part of the 'show'.

Can you actually fake drooling?
  • Options
    holly berryholly berry Posts: 14,287
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TerryM22 wrote: »

Bruno does it all the time. The show sees is as 'entertainment'. He is able to switch if off and talk quite seriously when it suits him.
  • Options
    MayDMayD Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Swap the d for a t and the second o for another l
  • Options
    Pet MonkeyPet Monkey Posts: 11,923
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Imagining the taste of lemons will help you swallow dry crackers.
    FACT (one you can try at home, kids)
  • Options
    daziechaindaziechain Posts: 12,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's given her a 10 .. don't think she'd ever do that if she disliked her.
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not a great fan of Pixie (ridiculous name for a grown woman!), I find her plastic but I have noticed this year the judging is ridiculous. Often the judges make wonderful comments about a contestant only to mark them a 7 or less. So many of the female contestants this year obviously have extensive ballet training, Pixie, Frankie and Caroline!! Seems a shame that the judges are not honest about this when making comments. Frankie especially shows that she has had extensive ballet. Beautiful body positioning and arms!!

So from accused of a bit of dance training at stage school they are now being accused of 'extensive ballet training'! Could just be that they are natural dancers who had a bit of dance training some years ago. Judy Murray had some dance training when she was a child but she did not have the natural ability to benefit much from it.
  • Options
    AntoniaAAntoniaA Posts: 6,640
    Forum Member
    Absolute rubbish, she does like Pixie and she admitted she was being picky with many of them because they are so very good. Darcey is a great judge!
  • Options
    -Sid--Sid- Posts: 29,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tobi wrote: »
    Why didn't she give her a ten, then?

Why should she if she doesn't think it was a 10 dance?

Darcey's actual words were: "You nearly outshone your professional partner there" indicating there were moments where Pixie didn't (for reasons Darcey went on to point out).

I'd agree with the suggestion Darcey favours the good looking male celebrities but not that she's biased against Pixie among the women. I see no sign of that at all.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    So from accused of a bit of dance training at stage school they are now being accused of 'extensive ballet training'! Could just be that they are natural dancers who had a bit of dance training some years ago. Judy Murray had some dance training when she was a child but she did not have the natural ability to benefit much from it.

I am NOT a professional dancer but I had dance experience for years as a kid and believe me, you can recognise it in other dancers as soon as they hit the dance floor!!
  • Options
    DiamondDollDiamondDoll Posts: 21,460
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am NOT a professional dancer but I had dance experience for years as a kid and believe me, you can recognise it in other dancers as soon as they hit the dance floor!!

That's some talent you've got there. :o

Btw did you notice Judy's experience as soon as she hit the dance floor?
  • Options
    Smokeychan1Smokeychan1 Posts: 12,199
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    Good Point. Imagine if Len said Caroline your chest looks great in that dress.

Isn't that exactly what Bruno said to Sunetra last night? Or is that OK because he is gay?