Options

Dress code for broadway?

Jill_FanJill_Fan Posts: 1,565
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I'm going to see a Broadway show next week and was wondering what the dress code is? Would Jeans be Ok or do I need to be dressed up?

Comments

• Options
    GogfumbleGogfumble Posts: 22,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not have a look at the venues website? That might tell you. If not, ring them. It would be better than us taking a guess, especially as we don't know where you are going.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It says theres no dress code but to dress comfortable and appropriate for the occasion. I'm going to see Wicked.
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, jeans are ok.
  • Options
    Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    I saw Phantom on Broadway and just wore black trousers and a top - nothing fancy. There were folk very dressed up and others in jeans and trainers - didn't seem to be a problem.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,803
    Forum Member
    Why don't you go dressed as one of the characters from the show, get into the spirit and all that. :D
  • Options
    PJ68PJ68 Posts: 3,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why don't you go dressed as one of the characters from the show, get into the spirit and all that. :D

yeah paint your face green
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,449
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jill_Fan wrote: »
    It says theres no dress code but to dress comfortable and appropriate for the occasion. I'm going to see Wicked.

Dress warm, I saw it a year ago and was bloody freezing in that theatre.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 766
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went to see Avenue Q and I just wore black jeans, flat shoes and a nice top.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Basically anything goes - there are those dressed for a night on the town and those in casuals. Nobody judges! Enjoy whatever you go to see as there is soooo much choice!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for all your help.
  • Options
    hanndavhanndav Posts: 2,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    me and me OH went to six shows in shorts and T's. We only got a second look once from a guy in a tux. We were out all day and by the time we got something to eat we had to make our way to the theatre.

I'm more used to the California 'dress code'.