Children in need

andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
Forum Member
According to todays TV listings there will be a special Doctor Who bit in Fridays Children in need marathon.

Comments

• human naturehuman nature Posts: 13,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's going to be a sneak preview of the Christmas episode again.
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Much preferred the idea of their little original shorts, even if they only did like two. Clips are always boring.
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You may be in luck, Tony.
    Children in Need kicks off with an 'exclusive Doctor Who sketch' between 7.30-8pm
  • Tony TigerTony Tiger Posts: 2,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hm..."sketch" sounds like, well a sketch. I had the original Eccleston to Tennant regen or Time Crash in mind.

And yes, I'm a fussy bugger who isn't easily pleased :D
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then more good news for you on the wording front.
    David Tennant as Doctor Who meets Peter Davison as Doctor Who in a special sketch for BBC Children in Need.
  • LeslieGruffordLeslieGrufford Posts: 352
    Forum Member
    Didn't Moffat say last year he wanted to surprise us with short minisodes after Night of the Doctor?
  • Sora2311Sora2311 Posts: 2,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope it's The Doctor regenerates into a female and turns back at the end
  • doctor blue boxdoctor blue box Posts: 7,338
    Forum Member
    Sora2311 wrote: »
    That is soooo comic relief 99' :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 218
    Forum Member
    Five-ish 2 anyone? Capaldi is too busy to help with this year's Children in Need so Davison, Colin and Sylv are roped in and scuffle over ideas?
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    Forget a preview of the Christmas special - that would be sooo boring!!
    For Children In Need it needs to be 'special' such as a musical rendition of something performed by the cast of old and new DW!!:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Five-ish 2 anyone? Capaldi is too busy to help with this year's Children in Need so Davison, Colin and Sylv are roped in and scuffle over ideas?

Seeing as how it's 30 minutes I think this is a good call
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seeing as how it's 30 minutes I think this is a good call
    How do you know it's 30 minutes? That sounds rather unlikely to me...

(And sorry to cast a downer, but this week's programme guide from 'The Daily Express' - and no I don't buy it myself - specifically states that the Doctor Who segment in Children in Need will be a "sneak preview of this year's Christmas special. They might be wrong, of course...)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How do you know it's 30 minutes? That sounds rather unlikely to me...

(And sorry to cast a downer, but this week's programme guide from 'The Daily Express' - and no I don't buy it myself - specifically states that the Doctor Who segment in Children in Need will be a "sneak preview of this year's Christmas special. They might be wrong, of course...)
    Children in Need kicks off with an 'exclusive Doctor Who sketch' between 7.30-8pm
    If that's to be believed
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If that's to be believed
    I don't think "between 7.30-8pm" means the item lasts 30 minutes. It just means the item will be appearing at some stage between those two times.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think "between 7.30-8pm" means the item lasts 30 minutes. It just means the item will be appearing at some stage between those two times.

It would make sense seeing as how the first was 30 minutes and the second has been announced for ages
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would make sense seeing as how the first was 30 minutes and the second has been announced for ages

Children in Need never announce the exact time something is going to be on as they usually never stick to schedule.

So the DW sketch will (probably) be on within that half hour it won't last half an hour.

None of the sketches on CiN would ever last that long as they could end up losing a large chunk of their audience who are not interested in that particular segment.

Plus if a 2nd 5ish Doctors had been filmed there would have been something known about it by now.
  • TardisSteveTardisSteve Posts: 8,077
    Forum Member

that would be fab :)
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    that would be fab :)

Absolutely Fab.
  • DICKENS99DICKENS99 Posts: 2,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well they announced before Strictly that viewers should stick around as there would be an extra something at the end of Death in Heaven, a reasonable assumption would be that that would be the Christmas preview which if so would mean CIN is something else.
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Well that was brief but interesting !
  • brotonsbabybrotonsbaby Posts: 835
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Looks OK from that brief bit.
  • UlsterguyUlsterguy Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I missed it, what happened?
  • andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Not a lot
  • UlsterguyUlsterguy Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    andy1231 wrote: »
    Not a lot

Just like the rest of series 8!
  • amos_brearleyamos_brearley Posts: 8,496
    Forum Member
    Santa was convincing Clara he was real. Two elves looked on (played by Nathan McMullen from "Misfits" and Dan "Strax" Starkey) as Santa told Clara he was real and questioned why she'd stopped believing in fairytales. As he finished speaking, the TARDIS appeared and the Doctor burst out, told Clara it was real that he was there and was back and to get into the TARDIS. He and Santa did not seem to get on as the Doctor told Santa he knew what was going on. Santa suggested the Doctor would need his help before the night was out. The Doctor insulted Santa by wishing him "Happy Easter" and got back into the TARDIS. No title seemed forthcoming.