Options

The Val Lambert Appreciation Thread!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
Forum Member
✭✭
Hi,
This is a thread for all of you, like me, adore Val Lambert. Her conniving, wisecracks, schemes and her talent for getting on people's nerves is fantastic.

Val is like the aunt we love to have come round, but our mother's groan when she turns up. She's the one that still smokes, likes a drink, dresses well and tells you all the things your mother never would. She's also the one that will tell you juicy gossip about your mom or dad.

So, apologies if this thread exists, but I thought if she doesn't have one, she deserves one, and if she has two, it's worth it! Plus, wouldn't Our Val love to read about herself! ;)

Comments

• Options
    StreetcarsStreetcars Posts: 1,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love her too
  • Options
    DramaQueenDramaQueen Posts: 1,703
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I love her as well pet ;)
  • Options
    Pete CallanPete Callan Posts: 24,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Val's fabulous! I love her, she's my favourite character in Emmerdale. Hard to believe she hasn't even been there 2 years yet.
  • Options
    DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh yes, Val is wonderful! Funniest character in Emmerdale by a mile imo...I've liked her since the start, but she does just get better and better, especially her pairing with Eric. I always miss her when she's not onscreen.
  • Options
    Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by whydoiwatch

Hi,
    This is a thread for all of you, like me, adore Val Lambert. Her conniving, wisecracks, schemes and her talent for getting on people's nerves is fantastic.

Val is like the aunt we love to have come round, but our mother's groan when she turns up. She's the one that still smokes, likes a drink, dresses well and tells you all the things your mother never would. She's also the one that will tell you juicy gossip about your mom or dad.

So, apologies if this thread exists, but I thought if she doesn't have one, she deserves one, and if she has two, it's worth it! Plus, wouldn't Our Val love to read about herself!

I too think Val is great - she's very funny and has a great relationship with Eric! Dont really know what's happening with the pair since all that business with Eric and the Council, they seem to be talking, but I dont know if they are back as a couple properly! But they do make a very good team either wya! :D Loved the episodes with Val painting that dodgy-looking bint's fence "Look, me hand's have gone blue" - yeh, blue paint, Val! :D

It's nice to have some light relief with Val - with the serious stuff happening with Sam and Alice, and Steph and Terrence, it's nice to have that comedy element with Val, and also with the likes of Bob, Viv and Marlon! :):)

Yeh, your dead right there, Val would LOVE to see that you've started this thread dedicated to her, she'd be like "Look pet, me name's on the Internet.... told you I'd be famous one day"! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun_Beam wrote:
    [/I]

It's nice to have some light relief with Val - with the serious stuff happening with Sam and Alice, and Steph and Terrence, it's nice to have that comedy element with Val, and also with the likes of Bob, Viv and Marlon! :):)
    :D

She can do the serious stuff too. I thought she was great with the cancer thing, making the speeches about how she looked up to Diane. The actress is fab; I saw her in a movie about Newcastle and she was terrific.
  • Options
    Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by whydoiwatch
    She can do the serious stuff too. I thought she was great with the cancer thing, making the speeches about how she looked up to Diane. The actress is fab; I saw her in a movie about Newcastle and she was terrific.

Oh, I agree with you that she can do serious stuff as well as her comedy - it's just that Val is known for being very funny, a woman who will stop at nothing to get what she wants, and one that will slip on her low cut top if she has a deal to strike! :D To be honest, I dont think she woud have lasted this long if she was a one-dimentional character - the fact that she can do both makes her character more rounded! :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 109
    Forum Member
    i loved her in byker grove!
  • Options
    soapboyz2005soapboyz2005 Posts: 5,152
    Forum Member
    Val is my favourite Emmerdale character... and there are so many good ones to choose from !!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with all of you. Val is great. She is funny , clever and devious but I'm not sure I'd want her as my sister.
  • Options
    ButtersButters Posts: 3,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's brilliant! It was definately a good idea to create her character.
  • Options
    FashionFashion Posts: 5,017
    Forum Member
    Hi,

So, apologies if this thread exists, but I thought if she doesn't have one, she deserves one, and if she has two, it's worth it! Plus, wouldn't Our Val love to read about herself! ;)
    Fantastic Idea! Didn't want to start one myself due to expected hostility
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Val is a love/hate character, but I think there a few more in the "love" category than "hate" one...thankfully.

I hope she is at least nominated for the comedy award this year...in fact it's about time Emmerdale won that award in general, and I can't think of a more deserving character than our Valerie.
  • Options
    SoaplifeSoaplife Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    Norris and Blanche from Corrie are ten times funnier
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I feel Blanche has lost her spark a bit...as if the writers are aware she's funny and kind of force the lines. She's still amazing though.

As for Norris, funny, yes, but doesn't touch Miss Lambert imo!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    My fave Val scene, by far, is the one where she was trying on outfits for her court appearace. Diane referred to her as Miss Marple's lesbian twin... then Val held up a (what I think was) a teapot grill - chrome bars to protect surfaces from burns - and said this is what she would look like in prison.

She also has great scenes with Steph, Pollard and the factory girls.

I also love her community service storyline, lol.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 322
    Forum Member
    I dont really watch Emmerdale but when i have, the one person who has made it worthwhile is the GLORIOUS Val!!!!!

I love her, i think she's immense.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All bow down to Queen Valerie!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I must remember some of her great lines. But it would be a bit sad to write them down during the episode, wouldn't it??
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Val is awesome at the moment. I love that it's really proved her friendship with Noreen was one of real feelings. She's Queen of this show at the moment.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    I love love love love love love LOVE HER!!!!!
  • Options
    pinky2006pinky2006 Posts: 10,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i loved her in byker grove!

Was she in Byker Grove :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 797
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pinky2006 wrote:
    Was she in Byker Grove :confused:
    Val in Byker Grove? That sounds ... interesting.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Val is great. I wasn't too sure about her at first, but now she's one of my favourite characters on the whole show. The actress is great at both comedy and drama. Her recent scene in Noreen's house when she found the old TV guide was so touching, and Charlie Hardwick played it well.
    Drifter wrote:
    I feel Blanche has lost her spark a bit...as if the writers are aware she's funny and kind of force the lines.

I was thinking that as well.
  • Options
    lil_miss_blondelil_miss_blonde Posts: 9,090
    Forum Member
    Had to post on this thread, i LOVE Val :D