Claire's behaviour

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
Forum Member
✭✭
Mr Whydoiwatch and I were watching Corrie on Monday when Claire was doing her manic cleaning and party-prep for the Croppers. I remarked how I was so shell-shocked after baby Whydoiwatch was born that I could barely make a cup of tea, although when he was 4 days old, I went on a massive walk up a hill to get him registered. (The midwife wasn't happy when she heard this.)

Then last night, she was on about routines, and the wee guy isn't even 2 weeks old yet!

I am wondering, are the Corrie writers going to give Claire Post Natal Depression? If so, I think it would be a good thing because it would highlight a serious illness that affects a lot of women. I am hoping it will show that just because you want a return to normality after birth, it doesn't happen. What do you all think?

Comments

• pinky2006pinky2006 Posts: 10,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Claire has PND. She takes to practically ignoring the baby and she then physically attacks Hayley and in the end Ashley has to take her to a psychiatric ward

Source: Daily Star
  • bramallbladebramallblade Posts: 1,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am actually looking forward to see further development if the storyline as i want to see how Julia Haworth handles it.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28,673
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing this you just knew things were too perfect.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    pinky2006 wrote:
    Claire has PND. She takes to practically ignoring the baby and she then physically attacks Hayley and in the end Ashley has to take her to a psychiatric ward

Really? Gosh she needs to calm down a bit and relax. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, you would of thought Claire would of been a fantastic loving mum, but :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    God, you would of thought Claire would of been a fantastic loving mum, but :eek:
    I think that is exactly what corrie are trying to portray - how fantastic loving mothers can suffer PND through no fault of their own. Considering what ashley has been through in his life - discovering his parentage, no joy on the baby front with maxine, her dying, josh custody, its safe to say that there is potential for a breakdown story for him further down the line.
  • CaramelsCaramels Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think a lot of the things that have happened in this story are unrealistic. Highlighting PND is a good thing, but I feel it would have been better if they had given it more time to build. Claire being up, dressed, fully made up, house neat and tidy, entertaining etc within a week of the birth are ridiculous. Even if she wanted to do that, I don't think it would be physically possible.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caramels wrote:
    I think a lot of the things that have happened in this story are unrealistic. Highlighting PND is a good thing, but I feel it would have been better if they had given it more time to build. Claire being up, dressed, fully made up, house neat and tidy, entertaining etc within a week of the birth are ridiculous. Even if she wanted to do that, I don't think it would be physically possible.
    I know what you mean, but i can etell you that it is physically possible. I had my third child last year, my oldest was just 4 at the time. I came home from hospital within 12 hours, and the following day got the kids up, dressed for kindergarten, and went about making supper, nevermind putting on a few loads of washing. By the way, i never suffered PND thank god.
    There are those of us who are capable of bouncing back, and there are others who take a little longer. THERE IS NO RIGHT WAY TO GO ABOUT IT, EVERYONE IS INDIVIDUAL.
    Clare running around little a woMan possessed is not always a sign of PND, but in her case it is. (my case it wasn't). LIkewise, some PND sufferers only start to show signs 6 or 8 weeks later (or more) when they are assumed to have started to get back to 'normal', whatever that is.
    There is no right or wrong way to portray PND, each case, like each woman, is unique.
    I've finished now!
    (WELL DONE IF YOU MADE IT TO THE END)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 172
    Forum Member
    Quick question...how do you view spoilers?

What have they called the baby?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quick question...how do you view spoilers?

What have they called the baby?
    Drag the mouse over it, and highlight.
    He is going to be called
    thomas
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pinky2006 wrote:

Oh my god!...Seems good though! :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its me wrote:
    I know what you mean, but i can etell you that it is physically possible. I had my third child last year, my oldest was just 4 at the time. I came home from hospital within 12 hours, and the following day got the kids up, dressed for kindergarten, and went about making supper, nevermind putting on a few loads of washing. By the way, i never suffered PND thank god.
    There are those of us who are capable of bouncing back, and there are others who take a little longer. THERE IS NO RIGHT WAY TO GO ABOUT IT, EVERYONE IS INDIVIDUAL.
    Clare running around little a woMan possessed is not always a sign of PND, but in her case it is. (my case it wasn't). LIkewise, some PND sufferers only start to show signs 6 or 8 weeks later (or more) when they are assumed to have started to get back to 'normal', whatever that is.
    There is no right or wrong way to portray PND, each case, like each woman, is unique.
    I've finished now!
    (WELL DONE IF YOU MADE IT TO THE END)

I didn't suffer PND, but did feel very tired after the birth of both my children and I had general baby blues for a few days. I picked up gradually, and was back to normal within six weeks. What was all that about Ashley wanting an 'early night?' (that wasn't very well researched) :eek:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caramels wrote:
    I didn't suffer PND, but did feel very tired after the birth of both my children and I had general baby blues for a few days. I picked up gradually, and was back to normal within six weeks. What was all that about Ashley wanting an 'early night?' (that wasn't very well researched) :eek:
    Missed that. what happened?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    We think Claire and Ashley are clones of Steph and Max from neighbours. Very boring who just stand looking at their baby all day, if you watched neighbours too you would understand. Now Claire gets sent to a psychiatric ward by Ashley...its like deju vous all over again!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pieface145 wrote:
    We think Claire and Ashley are clones of Steph and Max from neighbours. Very boring who just stand looking at their baby all day, if you watched neighbours too you would understand. Now Claire gets sent to a psychiatric ward by Ashley...its like deju vous all over again!!
    Hey I never thought of that! But its true!...English Soaps always steal ideas from neighbours! lol
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its me wrote:
    Missed that. what happened?

Claire said she was having an early night and Ashley got the wrong idea. Well it's not top of the list for most women a few days after giving birth; it takes up to six weeks for things to return to normal 'down there.' Presumably Claire has no stitches, :eek: and it is not recomended as there is a possibility of infection.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caramels wrote:
    Claire said she was having an early night and Ashley got the wrong idea. Well it's not top of the list for most women a few days after giving birth; it takes up to six weeks for things to return to normal 'down there.' Presumably Claire has no stitches, :eek: and it is not recomended as there is a possibility of infection.
    Must have missed that completely. Can't believe she was up for anything like that. obviously didn't pay attention, when the discharge nurse told her to 'look after herself'!!