radiophonic workshop documentary

adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
Forum Member
✭✭✭
For those of you who can get Sky Arts, you might want to check out Alchemists Of Sound, a documentary about the Radiophonic Workshop which will be on Sky Arts at 7.45pm on Thursday 16th February.
I think this was previously on BBC4 quite some years back, and if it is the same (excellent) documentary then it's well worth watching.

Comments

• MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Superb - thank you for the tip off.

I saw a very short documentary years ago about the BBC's radiophonic workshop. It was lovely seeing how inventive they used to have to be to make strange sound effects.
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the tip-off. I have it recorded somewhere, but it is very much well worth a look. Some pretentious bits with someone really annoying and bearded (possibly the annoying and bearded Kim Newman) standing in the background while other people (interesting) are speaking, but a fascinating look at some people we all admire.
  • outsideoutside Posts: 5,610
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the tip-off. I have it recorded somewhere, but it is very much well worth a look. Some pretentious bits with someone really annoying and bearded (possibly the annoying and bearded Kim Newman) standing in the background while other people (interesting) are speaking, but a fascinating look at some people we all admire.

Yeah, I remember that guy in the background. :rolleyes:
  • Bob PaisleyBob Paisley Posts: 3,627
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For those of you who can't wait, the whole thing is on Youtube.