Lost - 10 Years

10 years ago tomorrow since the Lost pilot episode was first aired.

http://www.lost2014.com/

I think its time for a re-watch, I haven't seen an episode since in finished 5 years ago.

Comments

• dragonzorddragonzord Posts: 1,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOST special on sky 1 tonight 20.30
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    dragonzord wrote: »
    LOST special on sky 1 tonight 20.30

Thanks for the heads up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    What a coincedence! My sis asked me to watch LOST tonight, but I am already going to the cinema haha. I started watching this show about 2 or 3 months ago with my sis and we're almost done with season 4 now, love it! Though sometimes it's very clear the show is a bit older (the music, clear green screen etc.).
  • loopilouloopilou Posts: 711
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the entire season again noticed things I hadn't before and finished the show with a better understanding brilliant show
  • Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Crazy to think that the first series is ten years old this year. Where did the time go?

I remember watching the first series finale (probably in early 2006 in the UK right?) and thinking it was one of the greatest things I'd ever seen! My bedroom TV didn't get Channel 4 at the time, and though I could watch it on S4C, they showed it at the crack of dawn, so I was watching at something stupid like 3:30 in the morning before school the next day! I don't think I slept in the end out of the sheer excitement about it all! :p

I don't think I've ever been as obsessed with a TV show as I was in the early years of Lost. I literally just watched the DVDs over and over and over and over. I think I rewatched the whole thing last year and loved those early seasons.. The later ones, meh not so much.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I loved Lost. Years after it finished it's one show that I do really miss :(
  • dee123dee123 Posts: 46,267
    Forum Member
    Love Lost. Pity it's now only appears on lists like: "Shows that ran out of steam" or "shows that didn't know when to quit"

I don't love the ending but i don't hate it either.
  • wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jeez 10 years ???? Seems like yesterday when I watched the pilot....I miss this series a lot :(
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Seasons 1 - 3 are still come of the best television I have ever seen even if I didn't like a lot of what came afterwards. Season 4 is good when you watch a lot of episodes at once, very fast paced.

Can't believe it'll be ten years next year since I started watching it on channel 4 and then I'd watch the "first look" on E4.
  • tiger2000tiger2000 Posts: 8,541
    Forum Member
    The original Channel 4 promo from 2005.

http://youtu.be/PgIUyHFNNv4
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tiger2000 wrote: »

Oh wow I remember that promo and how it made me so excited to watch the show I can't believe it was 10 years ago :o I was watching a programme from the 10th anniversary last night and it made me really want to watch the show again and as it's on Sky on Demand I think I just might :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    also 10 years since friends ended
  • cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member

If i'd seen that promo i would never have watched it
  • jenziejenzie Posts: 20,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    loved every single second of it, gonna watch it on sky+ and starting with tonights retrospective
  • BastardBeaverBastardBeaver Posts: 11,903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can't believe it was 10 years ago. I remember the TV trailer for it where all the characters were dancing around the crash site, and I was like "what the hell is this - looks mental". And it was, indeed, mental.

It still remains perhaps my favourite TV show of all time, only rivalled now by Game of Thrones.

I miss Sawyer and Rose... And Ben... And Juliet... And Locke... And Sun & Gin. I even miss Kate (but only a little).
  • treefr0gtreefr0g Posts: 23,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for this. I was watching the program tonight and strangely went on a search for this promo and when I couldntt find it I was starting to think that I'd imagined it.

I wish Sky would show it all again.
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,771
    Forum Member
    I just watched the Lost special on Sky 1. What in the world has happened to Evangaline Lilly's hair?!:o
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    treefr0g wrote: »
    Thanks for this. I was watching the program tonight and strangely went on a search for this promo and when I couldntt find it I was starting to think that I'd imagined it.

I wish Sky would show it all again.

You can download it on sky though TV box sets.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still miss it.

I can't believe it's been ten years since it began. I have never been so hooked on a show as I was with LOST even now.
  • QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I only watched the first two episodes.
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    samcains90 wrote: »
    I still miss it.

I can't believe it's been ten years since it began. I have never been so hooked on a show as I was with LOST even now.

Agreed. I remember watching s2 at US pace where they would often have 2-3 weeks between episodes. It was torturous waiting that long between instalments. I used to set my alarm so I could erm... obtain the episodes by the time I got back from school :blush:;-).

I often wonder if Lost would have the same impact on someone who hadn't seen it before and just binge watched the entire series from beginning to end. They'd miss out on all the fan theories and speculation which was very much part of the 'Lost experience' imo.

Quite simply, no other fictional series got people talking like Lost did in its prime. I doubt anything even comes close...

I've got to say hearing that Lost is now 10 years old is making me feel very old indeed though :(.
  • samcains90samcains90 Posts: 4,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vol wrote: »
    Agreed. I remember watching s2 at US pace where they would often have 2-3 weeks between episodes. It was torturous waiting that long between instalments. I used to set my alarm so I could erm... obtain the episodes by the time I got back from school :blush:;-).

I often wonder if Lost would have the same impact on someone who hadn't seen it before and just binge watched the entire series from beginning to end. They'd miss out on all the fan theories and speculation which was very much part of the 'Lost experience' imo.

Quite simply, no other fictional series got people talking like Lost did in its prime. I doubt anything even comes close...

I've got to say hearing that Lost is now 10 years old is making me feel very old indeed though :(.

I can't even imagine watching without having a week to speculate what is going to happen next.

I disagree with DigitalSpy's 10 best episodes list - there is way too many from Season 4 which don't deserve to be there (worst season). The Season 5 finale is not even there! Crazy.
  • Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was pleasantly surprised to see "Expose" in the list though.

For such pointless characters that was a cracking episode.
  • VolVol Posts: 2,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Always hated 'Expose' personally.

Considering what Locke and Eko had to go through to find the Pearl station it seemed stupid to have those two bozos just stumble across it - and show absolutely zero interest in it. The flashback scenes where they tried to 'insert' the characters into s1 and s2 events were laughably bad. Even the actual plot with the diamonds and the spider felt like something out of a terrible US soap opera.

As far as I'm concerned that episode is just the writers undoing a mistake which never should have been made in the first place. I'd probably skip it on future rewatches of the series.

Also always thought 'The Constant' was highly overrated too.... it's a total filler job.
  • chloedancerchloedancer Posts: 6,486
    Forum Member
    Expose was my favorite episode.I actually enjoyed Paulo and Nikki and think the episode is underrated because many people couldn't stand the thought of new characters,which is pretty sad and narrow-minded IMO!

btw,that is not aimed at the post above me,but at the general attitude from the fan boys/girls at the time.