Options

Special Constables. What motivates them to do the job?

Comments

• Options
    mathertronmathertron Posts: 30,083
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madlh100 wrote: »
    :D

No comment to the rest.

Yeah it's apostrophised because I knew it sounded dickish. How about 'the drug-taking community' instead?

Nevermind. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    TheDonkTheDonk Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That will probably be the drugs.
    My thoughts too.

Funny that because reading the thread it's pretty clear that trying to get through to a pair of close minded idiots is what is "melting Mathertrons brain".:)
  • Options
    madlh100madlh100 Posts: 9,893
    Forum Member
    LOL. I just had a conversation with someone on MSN. Asked him what he was doing tonight. Said he was going to go smoke a spliff. He said this:

Obviously not even who smokes it understands it or does it for the right reasons
    But it is a natural herb given by jah, again, its only classed as a drug to percecute us and take away one of jahs blessings

The only reason its concidered a drug and is illegal is because "The man" wants to percecute the enlightened, jah praising people because they dont comply to there devil worshiping agenda

Is he just talking a load of cod dollop or is this true?
  • Options
    TheDonkTheDonk Posts: 1,318
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who the hell is Jah?
  • Options
    trevvytrev21trevvytrev21 Posts: 16,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »
    They get acces to the interweb in jail now dont they? They do though - dont they though? :confused:

A good friend of mine uses a dating website called Flirt-o-Matic. There are users who are blatantly taking pics from their prison cell! :D
    You sure about that? I'm writing everything down in my notepad as we chat. :rolleyes:

'Citing! Did you buy special ittle wittle notepad before you joined the ranks as a special officer? ;)
  • Options
    warmleatherettewarmleatherette Posts: 4,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mathertron wrote: »
    Even if the messenger has a pair of cuffs with your name on them?

Nah, f*ck the messenger.

I cant believe despite me already saying some police are alright and its a job i dont understand but I can see why people do it you are expecting me to further relent and say they are wonderful people, who I should hold in the highest regard..... Sorry, that's too far for a group who collectively want to destroy 'my people'. It's not a call to arms or a battlecry, I just wish they'd leave us alone!

They do leave you alone, have you ever been arrested for drugs offenses?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL. I just had a conversation with someone on MSN. Asked him what he was doing tonight. Said he was going to go smoke a spliff. He said this:

Obviously not even who smokes it understands it or does it for the right reasons
    But it is a natural herb given by jah, again, its only classed as a drug to percecute us and take away one of jahs blessings

The only reason its concidered a drug and is illegal is because "The man" wants to percecute the enlightened, jah praising people because they dont comply to there devil worshiping agenda

Is he just talking a load of cod dollop or is this true?

Jah is the deity of rastafarian belief, cannabis smokers arent all rastafarians although some use it as a symbol of the oppresion of the herb as cannabis is used as a sacramenbt in rastafarian worship....Do all alcohol drinkers believe that ale is God's mana? Of course not, your feeble attempts to ridicule potsmokers only reflect badly on yourself.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I worked alongside someone who volunteered as a special constable. She enjoyed putting cuffs on people. No joke.

Getting excited about seeing people who have authority is a bit strange, IMO.

Police work does excite me. Just watching programmes and stuff.

It is an exciting job in my opinion. It is a lot of things.
    Hard to explain really.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They do leave you alone, have you ever been arrested for drugs offenses?

Yep...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep...

Other than drink related ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yep....

What was the punishment?

EDIT: and more to the point were you being a bit of c... at the time :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Police work does excite me. Just watching programmes and stuff.

It is an exciting job in my opinion. It is a lot of things.
    Hard to explain really.

I'm sure it a worthwhile profession and everything, but don't you think it might be a tad misguided to think being a police officer will be "just like it is on telly!!1!".

Those programmes (which are quite odious, in my opinion - heavy-handed police tactics are not my cup of entertainment tea) are specifically made to excite the viewer. They don't exactly show the hours spent filling in paperwork, do they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jah is the deity of rastafarian belief, cannabis smokers arent all rastafarians although some use it as a symbol of the oppresion of the herb as cannabis is used as a sacramenbt in rastafarian worship....Do all alcohol drinkers believe that ale is God's mana? Of course not, your feeble attempts to ridicule potsmokers only reflect badly on yourself.

I haven't ridiculed anyone. The law is the law though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No i wasnt being a c-word lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't ridiculed anyone. The law is the law though.

A stupid idiom is a stupid idiom
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm sure it a worthwhile profession and everything, but don't you think it might be a tad misguided to think being a police officer will be "just like it is on telly!!1!".

Those programmes (which are quite odious, in my opinion - heavy-handed police tactics are not my cup of entertainment tea) are specifically made to excite the viewer. They don't exactly show the hours spent filling in paperwork, do they?

I think I would enjoy it all. Not just going off a TV programme. There's obviously going to be boring bits as with any job. I've asked myself a lot of questions before applying to become a special.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A stupid idiom is a stupid idiom

What is an idiom? :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't even know if I'll be able to do the job, but I'll never find out if I don't go for it.

I do have confidence problems, but I can't see myself getting over these unless I put myself in certain situations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What is an idiom? :o

Google (other search engines are available) is your friend :)

Good on you and everything, but why not apply via the normal route and actually get some £munneh£? :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    like a little saying that is distinct from it's meaning. I was highlighting the non-sensical qualities of the phrase "the law is the law".
  • Options
    global chaosglobal chaos Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The law may be wrong about pot but its still the law. If we didnt have police we would have total chaos.

If someone you knew got robbed / stabbed / any other heinous crime who you gonna call...ghostbusters:confused:

Sadly you can't pick and choose, police (in the main part, dodgy back handers notwithstanding) uphold the law. If the law is an ass then the powers that be who make the law need challenging and not the police.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whatever, I'm not disagreeing that the powers that be need shouting at but I'm still not gonna kiss the arse of someone who wants me jailed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Whatever, I'm not disagreeing that the powers that be need shouting at but I'm still not gonna kiss the arse of someone who wants me jailed.

Thousands of people smoke weed in this country who are otherwise law-abiding citizens. The Netherlands hasn't fallen apart since cannabis laws were relaxed there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Google (other search engines are available) is your friend :)

Good on you and everything, but why not apply via the normal route and actually get some £munneh£?
    :confused:

Recruitment for regulars has been closed and it has for some time.