The mysterious Charlie Cotton

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
Forum Member
So if he isn't really a cop is he really dots grandson? And what is his secret he is trying to stop Les from telling everyone?

What are your therioes?

Comments

• XOXoAbbieoXOXXOXoAbbieoXOX Posts: 1,142
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I reckon he isn't Dot's grandson and is in cahoots with Nick somehow to fleece her or off her!
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is her grandson, but him and his mother have planned to con Dot but Nick doesn't know anything about it.
  • ScrabblerScrabbler Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    Dot doesn't have any money, it makes no sense why Charlie would want to fleece her.

No I actually think he is Dots grandson and that he really does care for Dot. I think Nick is blackmailing Charlie to behave in this way.

If they wanted to con Dot why on earth would they bother going to the expense to pay for a funeral. It makes no sense. Nick wanting revenge on Dot does make sense.
  • SMIDSYmk2SMIDSYmk2 Posts: 7,806
    Forum Member
    He probably is Dots Grandson as he says, probably just being ordered by Nick do to his bidding, although I don't see why she's fairly poor.

That being said I do have this feeling that he might be Charlie's grandson instead, he was a bigamist, I think he could've had another child in his lifetime.
  • Cuddly_CatCuddly_Cat Posts: 2,900
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think he is Dot's grandson but I can't fathom what he is up to.
  • priscillapriscilla Posts: 34,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DTC did say he doesn't want to recreate 'greatest hits' although I wouldn't call Nick conning Dot EE greatest hit, I don't think DTC would go down the route of Nick hurting his mother again. That's why I don't think Nick is involved and he will come to rescue his ma.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can't understand how anyone would want to con or fleece Dot as she doesn't have a pot to piss in. No money at all.

I am sure Arthur will get to the bottom of it all. :):)
  • T.K.T.K. Posts: 19,502
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He's actually a ghost like Bruce Willis in Sixth Sense and only Dot can see him :o.
  • 0...00...0 Posts: 21,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like how it isn't predictable. None of us know.
  • puppylove7puppylove7 Posts: 66,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually believe he is her grandson and I think he actually does really care about her but I don't know what his secret could be.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    0...0 wrote: »

No doubt people will be screaming "I don't belieeeeve it!" at the TV screen like Victor Meldrew when it is revealed :cool:.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,749
    Forum Member
    He stole a load of pact coffee and is in hiding.
  • Jimmy ConnorsJimmy Connors Posts: 117,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

I agree. In this day and age of spoilers, it makes a nice change to not know what is going to happen.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He stole a load of pact coffee and is in hiding.

:o I don't belieeeeeve it!

"Charlie Cotton - Pact Coffee Thief."
    A global fugitive wanted by Mi5, the FBI and CIA.
  • johnloonyjohnloony Posts: 6,110
    Forum Member
    I think Nick Cotton killed Lucy. Otherwise, what would be the point of having the ridiculous storyline about "is Nick really dead?"?
  • Tanz01Tanz01 Posts: 202
    Forum Member
    He is the best character on Eastenders for a while. Mysterious and very interesting to watch . Played by a capable actor too and you can't say that for all the recent additions to the cast .
  • global chaosglobal chaos Posts: 576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes! It's all very good :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 67,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tanz01 wrote: »
    He is the best character on Eastenders for a while. Mysterious and very interesting to watch . Played by a capable actor too and you can't say that for all the recent additions to the cast .

I agree with that. I find Charlie quite interesting, it'll be interesting to see what his motives are and with any luck they'll explore his thing with Ronnie down the line. They two worked well together I thought.

I hope he sticks around for a while.
  • mia75mia75 Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    I find him quite sexy as well :blush:
  • starry_runestarry_rune Posts: 9,006
    Forum Member
    Charlie is Cindy Bealle's friend from witness protection, Cindy wants revenge on Walford starting with Dot and Ian by taking Lucy back from him.
  • shanks909shanks909 Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    I wonder how Ricky Norwood's suspension is going to effect this storyline. The newspapers on April 1st said the suspension takes place with immediate effect. That was almost 7 weeks ago, right about the time this current storyline would have been filmed.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,885
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Have no real idea except for it cant be about money since this is actually all costing them money as already been said...funeral expenses and money to keep Les's mouth shut. Also if Charlie were a really bad man would he actually pay Les or would he beat him up and say 'shut your mouth old man or I will kill your old lady'?!

I am guessing Charlie's mum is going to be as bad as Nick and be behind it, I think they faked the death in the hopes of flushing Nick out to get revenge on him for leaving them.
  • KarriKarri Posts: 467
    Forum Member
    johnloony wrote: »
    I think Nick Cotton killed Lucy. Otherwise, what would be the point of having the ridiculous storyline about "is Nick really dead?"?

This is exactly what I think, Nick killed Lucy ( maybe a drug deal)
  • Kim_xKim_x Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe Charlie's mum was brought in to allow the next appearance of the storyline to stay at its planned time without Fatboy having to appear? If Nick being found alive is one of the aforementioned curveballs, Fatboy will be back in time for that. Scenes are filmed out of order 1-2 months in advance.

As far as Nick knows, Dot does have money I think. Didn't Nick return most of the money that he demanded from Dot for Dotty? He probably thinks she'll leave it all to Jim's grandchildren and wants to stop that. I hope it's not as cruel this time as blatantly trying to con her.
  • MrWoodySirMrWoodySir Posts: 8,480
    Forum Member
    VirginiaDem has an excellent theory on Charlie which interlinks with Lucy's death. I really hope it comes to fruition as it will completely trump the 25th.