A bit pissed off

EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
Forum Member
My cousins getting married later in the year, we (OH and I) aren't invited to the day time which is fair enough, money and numbers etc

Found out today though that we aren't invited to the night time either as its the same people as the daytime who'd going and they aren't having a typical night do (disco etc) they are having a singer and a grand piano

I feel annoyed cause my dad and sister are invited but we aren't, my sister said she didn't think it was our thing as we would have to buy suits (so?) and that the place is really posh (again so?) she also said some partners weren't invited, I'm family though and other family have been invited

I know people will probably say I'm in the wrong being pissed off but I can't help how I feel, nice to know what my family really think of me!

Comments

• Waj_100Waj_100 Posts: 3,739
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I share your annoyance, this has happened to me twice in the last year >:(
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My cousins getting married later in the year, we (OH and I) aren't invited to the day time which is fair enough, money and numbers etc

Found out today though that we aren't invited to the night time either as its the same people as the daytime who'd going and they aren't having a typical night do (disco etc) they are having a singer and a grand piano

I feel annoyed cause my dad and sister are invited but we aren't, my sister said she didn't think it was our thing as we would have to buy suits (so?) and that the place is really posh (again so?) she also said some partners weren't invited, I'm family though and other family have been invited

I know people will probably say I'm in the wrong being pissed off but I can't help how I feel, nice to know what my family really think of me!

You might be family, but are you close?

I mean I have quite a few relatives that would come way below my friends on the list of people I want at my wedding... The couple should be surrounded by the people that they share their life with, not by people they barely know but are related to.

Essentially it's their wedding, their choice.
  • Pumping IronPumping Iron Posts: 29,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's a shame that not even your own family like you. Why could that be?
  • monkeypuzzlermonkeypuzzler Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    You didn't mind when it was just the day part, but numbers and costs apply to the evening too. Not everyone has additional evening guests.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't invite people to my wedding because they were family or because I otherwise felt obliged. I invited the people I wanted to be there.
  • EbonyHamsterEbonyHamster Posts: 8,175
    Forum Member
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    You might be family, but are you close?

I mean I have lots of relatives that would come way below my friends on the list of people I want at my wedding... The couple should be surrounded by the people that they share their life with, not by people they barely know but are related to.

Essentially it's their wedding, their choice.

We were as children but then the whole family fell out (well the adults) me and my cousin were only kids

We've been back in touch the past few years
  • NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I realise this may sound a bit radical and 'out there', but have you actually tried asking your cousin why you're not invited?
  • Rachael.Rachael. Posts: 2,331
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think the fact your dad and sister are invited and you aren't is a bit shit. Fair enough if they weren't invited either. Tbh I don't particularly like half my family so couldn't care less whether I was invited to the wedding or not but if the rest of my family were I'd be a bit pissed off.
  • gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think you right being honest. I mean your family not a pair of hobos off the street

Weddings can be funny affair, my ex wife got married last week and I was shocked she didn't invite all of the school mums... Mind most of then speak to me re activities with all of the kids

I feel your pain, you should make your feelings clear to them
  • PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We were as children but then the whole family fell out (well the adults) me and my cousin were only kids

We've been back in touch the past few years

It may just be that costs and numbers were tight and even though you've been back in touch you're not close enough for her to invite you over some of her friends.

The only way to know for sure is to ask her in a calm, non-confrontational manner.
  • ian_charlesian_charles Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's simple.....they don't like you.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is why weddings are mostly awful.

It is a bit shitty that your sister has been invited but thems the breaks.

I'm not being difficult, but would you actually go? Maybe if they thought you'd not or would rather not they didn't want to put you in the position?
    Forum Member
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    I realise this may sound a bit radical and 'out there', but have you actually tried asking your cousin why you're not invited?

Not yet no, I'm waiting till I calm down first
    Rachael. wrote: »
    I think the fact your dad and sister are invited and you aren't is a bit shit. Fair enough if they weren't invited either. Tbh I don't particularly like half my family so couldn't care less whether I was invited to the wedding or not but if the rest of my family were I'd be a bit pissed off.

Thank you

I've asked my sister if my dads taking his girlfriend (who's met my cousin once) I won't be happy if he is
    PrincessTT wrote: »
    It may just be that costs and numbers were tight and even though you've been back in touch you're not close enough for her to invite you over some of her friends.

The only way to know for sure is to ask her in a calm, non-confrontational manner.

Yeah that's why I'm waiting till I calm down to ask her
  • anne_666anne_666 Posts: 72,891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »

Don't be silly! Why spoil the chance of another DS moan?:D

Now who's upset me me me lately?;-)
    Forum Member
    It's simple.....they don't like you.

Oh you think!

Well done captain obvious *rolleyes*
    Odd Socks wrote: »
    This is why weddings are mostly awful.

It is a bit shitty that your sister has been invited but thems the breaks.

I'm not being difficult, but would you actually go? Maybe if they thought you'd not or would rather not they didn't want to put you in the position?

We would have went yes
  • QTC13QTC13 Posts: 3,566
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in there "their wedding, their guests" camp I'm afraid.

Like someone above mentioned, I'd have friends before most of my family. Essentially, it's their wedding, their money, their choice.

That said, of course you have the right to be pissed off - but do you have the right to kick up a fuss or ask why you're not invited - IMO - not really.
    Forum Member
    QTC13 wrote: »
    I'm in there "their wedding, their guests" camp I'm afraid.

Like someone above mentioned, I'd have friends before most of my family. Essentially, it's their wedding, their money, their choice.

That said, of course you have the right to be pissed off - but do you have the right to kick up a fuss or ask why you're not invited - IMO - not really.

Oh I totally get it's their wedding

I do think I have the right to ask why though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    I think you right being honest. I mean your family not a pair of hobos off the street

Weddings can be funny affair, my ex wife got married last week and I was shocked she didn't invite all of the school mums... Mind most of then speak to me re activities with all of the kids

I feel your pain, you should make your feelings clear to them

Bloody hell. That was a bit quick was it not? Doesn't seem like 5 minutes since you were on here talking about the break up and your kids. :o Sorry Ebony I do understand why you are pissed of tbh.
  • dearmrmandearmrman Posts: 21,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh I totally get it's their wedding

I do think I have the right to ask why though

Not to appear rude, but honestly I don't think you do...it's there wedding and they shouldn't need to explain to anyone why they are not invited.

If you do ask you may not like the answer.
  • vosnevosne Posts: 14,131
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If it helps, you're not invited to mine either.
  • ian_charlesian_charles Posts: 578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's as bad as when kids don't get invited to another childs party and the mother gets the hump and asks why little Cedric missed out.

If they did suddenly invite you, wouldn't you feel like it was an after thought?
    Forum Member
    dearmrman wrote: »
    Not to appear rude, but honestly I don't think you do...it's there wedding and they shouldn't need to explain to anyone why they are not invited.

If you do ask you may not like the answer.

I would rather hear a answer I don't like than wonder
    vosne wrote: »

Thank god for that!
    Forum Member
    It's as bad as when kids don't get invited to another childs party and the mother gets the hump and asks why little Cedric missed out.

If they did suddenly invite you, wouldn't you feel like it was an after thought?

Of course, it's too late to be invited now

But that doesn't change how I feel about not being invited, I can't help how I feel
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    vosne wrote: »

I DON'T care if I am not invited to yours either cos I AM STILL COMING OK? :p
  • ChopanChopan Posts: 535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Of course, it's too late to be invited now

But that doesn't change how I feel about not being invited, I can't help how I feel

Can I ask why they might dislike you?
This discussion has been closed.