Options

Tumble (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,702
    Forum Member
    Who went out then ...... I missed the end as it was so long drawn out I switched over to watch the tennis!!

Don't tell me Peter went. :( ....... against 'I'm so wonderful' Froch. :(
  • Options
    shandersshanders Posts: 5,907
    Forum Member
    Stunty wrote: »
    Who went out then ...... I missed the end as it was so long drawn out I switched over to wath the tennis!!

Don't tell me Peter went. :( ....... against 'I'm so wonderful' Froch. :(

I missed the end too. Somebody phoned but from the 'what a surprise' post I'm guessing Peter. >:(
  • Options
    tobitobi Posts: 2,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    shanders wrote: »
    Alex Jones is still so awkward

Just not suited to hosting alone.
  • Options
    gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yup, it was Peter. She could not have sent Carl home after saying he was the one she wanted in the final just 5 minutes before!
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,702
    Forum Member
    gillypanda wrote: »
    Yup, it was Peter. She could not have sent Carl home after saying he was the one she wanted in the final just 5 minutes before!

Thanks for your reply.:)

Really sorry for Peter, his enthusiasm and fitness for a guy of 60 was great to see, and would have been good for the final.

Nadia also said earlier she wanted to see one of Peter's unique moves in the final. Obviously she did not want it that much!!! :(
  • Options
    J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I enjoyed it tonight - bit long maybe but I'm just so impressed by the hard work and discipline from all the celebs. Watching the professionals is one of the highlights too.

I was sad to see Peter go as he is so much fun to watch and so impressive for a 60 year old. I sort of like and don't like Carl but he did the better vault so it was the right choice.

My favourites now are Bobby and H but would like Lucy to do well as I like her partner too (and Lucy is quite sweet).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sarah should have gone tonight.
  • Options
    J.RJ.R Posts: 2,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sarah should have gone tonight.

She must have a good fan base. I thought she would have gone before now but then I'm surprised John went last week I thought he did much better than the judges credited him.
    I guess they are seeing something I'm not.
  • Options
    olivejolivej Posts: 14,696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    despite Sarah and Lucy being the weakest I am glad they are in the final, I think they have both learnt so much and improved a lot since week 1, Lucy especially

I don't like Carl or Amelle

Alex is still on mute - worst presenter ever!!
  • Options
    popmusicmanpopmusicman Posts: 2,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A bit of a surprise Carl was in the bottom two given he was so high up on the judges scores. He must have finished last in the public vote!.

I have to say he does come across as a bit arrogant and not very likeable - his VT tonight won't have made him many friends with his should finish in the top two line so maybe not a surprise he did so badly in the public vote

I hope Bobby wins as he is produced the best routine seen and seems like a nice lad
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    A bit of a surprise Carl was in the bottom two given he was so high up on the judges scores. He must have finished last in the public vote!.

I have to say he does come across as a bit arrogant and not very likeable - his VT tonight won't have made him many friends with his should finish in the top two line so maybe not a surprise he did so badly in the public vote

I hope Bobby wins as he is produced the best routine seen and seems like a nice lad

People also vote for the fittest pro. and Billy must have loads of them
  • Options
    lundavralundavra Posts: 31,790
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It was a rather stupid thing to say, a vaguer 'hope to do well' would have been safer. Even if he had been in the top two it would still be considered arrogant by many people.
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    peter did do the weaker vault but carl has never been brilliant either.
    Sarah should have gone but again her fans get her through.

Bobby deserves this , i hope people see his talent & how nice a guy he is & ignore the fact he isn't as well known. Hope he gets enough votes next week.
    H winning would be an ok result as well. None of the others going by talent deserve it really
  • Options
    SammmymackSammmymack Posts: 1,145
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stopped watching since John (Christian from East enders) got robbed.
  • Options
    lewismacflewismacf Posts: 14,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sarah or Bobby to win
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lewismacf wrote: »
    Sarah or Bobby to win

Two opposite extremes in talent and likeability there!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Two opposite extremes in talent and likeability there!

They should really have a male and female winner because it's like comparing apples and oranges. Professional judges might be able to judge impartially but the public judge them differently.
  • Options
    via_487via_487 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No surprise that Peter went out as his vault was nowhere near as good as Carl's'.
    And for those who said that Nadia had already said she wanted Carl in the final - that is because she was put on the spot by Alex. Louis had already said Carl and Lucy and the others had to think quick. I don't think that was planned.
    And I don't know if anyone was yelling in Alex's ear after Nadia saved Carl, but she did ask Nadia to say why she had saved him, just to make sure we all knew it was 'fair'.
    So probably someone was well aware of how things may have looked otherwise.

The real surprise was that Carl was in the vault-off at all. As already said, he must have been either the lowest, or very low in audience votes.
    And yes, I think his VT made him appear arrogant and wonder why that particular remark was shown, as I'm sure the others have made similar remarks in the heat of practice, if only to psyche themselves up. Just wonder why the producers decided to show Carl's remarks only.

I'm not sure how much Sarah wanted to go through to the final. She was well and truly ready to go out. I like Sarah but I think she has to put on a really good show next week to justify all her fans' support.

Don't know why so many are anti-Alex either. I think she does a good job. But there again, I hardly ever watch The One Show, where people may have grown to dislike her for some reason.

I hope Bobby wins, but wouldn't mind Amelle or H too much.
    And I'm pleased Lucy is through to the final as, even though her moves are nowhere near as complicated as some, for me she appears to have made the most progress. Not enough to win, but enough to take part through to the end.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lundavra wrote: »
    They should really have a male and female winner because it's like comparing apples and oranges. Professional judges might be able to judge impartially but the public judge them differently.

A male and female winner is a good idea.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    via_487 wrote: »
    Don't know why so many are anti-Alex either. I think she does a good job. But there again, I hardly ever watch The One Show, where people may have grown to dislike her for some reason.
    Some just seem to like moaning about Alex Jones, usual attractive young woman presenter syndrome on Digital Spy and also she does not have a South East England accent so that gets some people moaning.

If people want to see bad presenting then watch Jo Brand on Bake Off Extra Slice, they should use recordings of her as training videos.
  • Options
    xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    via_487 wrote: »
    No surprise that Peter went out as his vault was nowhere near as good as Carl's'.
    And for those who said that Nadia had already said she wanted Carl in the final - that is because she was put on the spot by Alex. Louis had already said Carl and Lucy and the others had to think quick. I don't think that was planned.
    And I don't know if anyone was yelling in Alex's ear after Nadia saved Carl, but she did ask Nadia to say why she had saved him, just to make sure we all knew it was 'fair'.
    So probably someone was well aware of how things may have looked otherwise.

The real surprise was that Carl was in the vault-off at all. As already said, he must have been either the lowest, or very low in audience votes.
    And yes, I think his VT made him appear arrogant and wonder why that particular remark was shown, as I'm sure the others have made similar remarks in the heat of practice, if only to psyche themselves up. Just wonder why the producers decided to show Carl's remarks only.

I'm not sure how much Sarah wanted to go through to the final. She was well and truly ready to go out. I like Sarah but I think she has to put on a really good show next week to justify all her fans' support.

I hope Bobby wins, but wouldn't mind Amelle or H too much.
    And I'm pleased Lucy is through to the final as, even though her moves are nowhere near as complicated as some, for me she appears to have made the most progress. Not enough to win, but enough to take part through to the end.

This is a spot on summary i have to say.
    If sarah wins i will eat my hand.
  • Options
    mad_madge_morrimad_madge_morri Posts: 850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've been rooting for Bobby since the first program. He seems such a likeable lad. I hope he wins. I'm not keen on Carl and after his remark in the VT about deserving to finish in the top two last Saturday, I'm not surprised he was in the bottom 2.

I'm sorry it's the last one next Saturday, I've really enjoyed it.
  • Options
    super-saintsuper-saint Posts: 664
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Managed to get tickets for the final :)

Says tickets can be validated from 12pm ...... Do I really need to there before 12 as worried that all allocated tickets will go. But don't want a wasted journey from Southampton!

Thanks
  • Options
    SobeitSobeit Posts: 219
    Forum Member
    Managed to get tickets for the final :)

Says tickets can be validated from 12pm ...... Do I really need to there before 12 as worried that all allocated tickets will go. But don't want a wasted journey from Southampton!

Thanks

We went to number 4 two weeks ago. Arrived just after 1.30pm. No queue. Got tickets ok.

They gave us tickets 83 to 87 of the family tickets of which I believe there was 100. So we were probably some of the later ones there. (However I didn't study what they were doing enough to confirm that they issued them in order.)

Some people got standby tickets so they must have issued more than there were places. Some of the standby tickets got in.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    My predicted order of winning.

I am a GA fan so i'll ensure to let my bias not get in the way of predicting things.:o:D

1. Bobby
    Should and probably will win. Rocket Man was amazing.

Now after that i think it's between Sarah thanks to the Girls Aloud fan base, H with his Steps fan base and Amelle with her Sugababes fan base of her era.

2. H
    He's been quite good. Steps clearly has lots of fans. The judges have constantly given him high points. I think he'll come second. He might even surprise win as Bobby deserves to win but who's gonna vote for him. Tumble is very lowly rated, i bet the phone votes aren't much at all so it's gonna be so easy for fan bases to impact them unlike a massive show like Strictly proving why Sarah got through last week.

3. Sarah
    The GA fan base were out in force last week to get her through. She obviously got more votes than Carl who was 2nd in the judges votes. I think she will come 3rd/4th. She lacks confidence though but every performance has been good.

4. Amelle
    The Sugababes fan base isn't much especially when you have to narrow it down to her era. Good performances so far and some impressive bits and bobs. Sarah and Amelle battle it out for 3rd and 4th

5. Kirsty
    I might even have her name wrong but i can't be bothered to even find out. A non personality for me but yeah she got through so on we go.

6. Carl
    Clearly he got the lowest votes out of anyone last week from the public. I can't see him finishing anywhere but second to last or last in the final.

So Bobby will win. He's been the star of the show had some great moments seems to have enjoyed it and he is the inevitable winner. It's just that fear that we me have a Leon Jackson moment of a twist winner as there are some strong pop band forces going to be hammering the votes tomorrow. I am supporting Sarah through and through but realistically it's 3rd or 4th. I'd love if she can manage higher like 2nd place or summit.
    It's been a great series, i don't expect it to come back. It's constantly got 3 million viewers to - if i was BBC i would have it back next year to see if ratings rise, Strictly wasn't huge day 1 either. Can't wait for final.