Options

Jenny the clone

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
Forum Member
Does anyone think she will ever be back on the screen? I would like to see her back :)

Comments

• Options
    ilovedrwho123ilovedrwho123 Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    i'd love her to be back what would the dr's relasion ship with her be now new dr and seeing that he thinks she's dead
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    I imagine that she'd be a good character to revisit in the future, despite me being in two mindsets over her episode.

Georgia Moffett did a great job and I'd love to see her reprise the role. Perhaps as the Doctor is saving some alien world, she interrupts and does it herself.

I imagine River Song's main arc will be wrapped up in Series 6, so if she were to come back as a one-off returning character, early Series 7 would be my best bet. :)

Alternatively, and I like this idea a lot, she could always return as a successor to Rory and Amy...it'd make for a very different slant on the companion role for Nu-Who. Amy and Rory are the first married couple to travel in the TARDIS, perhaps Moffat will make Jenny the Doctor's first technical relative to travel in the TARDIS in Nu-Who :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    The door was definately left open for her anyway. A guy at work is right into Doc Who also and I couldn't believe he could not remember her :o

Sooner the better and would be great for the show even if just a couple of episodes..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Isn't it true that Moffat himself requested that it was kept open for Jenny to return... Or did I just make that up?

If this is the case, then there is a slightly greater likelihood she will have (if not already) some part within Moffat's era... Or, and I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case, he requested that as some HUGE Red Herring that no one but the Whovians would care about :P
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CG Me wrote: »
    Isn't it true that Moffat himself requested that it was kept open for Jenny to return... Or did I just make that up?

I remember reading that, too.
  • Options
    MansunMansun Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Moffat has said that It wasn't the case that he asked for Jenny to be left alive so he could bring the character back, but rather he had just casually suggested to RTD that the ending might be better if she was left alive, and to his surprise RTD went with the idea. So we shouldn't be expecting that there are plans for her to return anytime soon.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 47
    Forum Member
    If she had died, it totally would've ruined the significance of the episode, imo.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I found her extremely annoying so hope she stays away- unless she regenerates into a less irritating personality!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mansun wrote: »
    Moffat has said that It wasn't the case that he asked for Jenny to be left alive so he could bring the character back, but rather he had just casually suggested to RTD that the ending might be better if she was left alive, and to his surprise RTD went with the idea. So we shouldn't be expecting that there are plans for her to return anytime soon.

Ahh... Fair enough... Guess it's always good to keep one's mind open, just in case, though...

... You know the deceptive mind of the Moff 'n' all ^_^
  • Options
    performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The thing is, the very idea of her is just crap when you compare it to the prospect of involving the Doctor's real family in proceedings, i.e. if the Woman in The End Of Time was either his mother or granddaughter.

IF Jenny returns we should pray to god she isn't played by Georgia Moffet. Okay, it's fantastic that she's Peter Davison's daughter (and, yes, rather lush...) but she's not a decent actress and it's just crazy to expect us to buy her as Matt's daughter...
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    Amy and Rory are the first married couple to travel in the TARDIS, perhaps Moffat will make Jenny the Doctor's first technical relative to travel in the TARDIS in Nu-Who :D

What about Susan?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    The thing is, the very idea of her is just crap when you compare it to the prospect of involving the Doctor's real family in proceedings, i.e. if the Woman in The End Of Time was either his mother or granddaughter.

IF Jenny returns we should pray to god she isn't played by Georgia Moffet. Okay, it's fantastic that she's Peter Davison's daughter (and, yes, rather lush...) but she's not a decent actress and it's just crazy to expect us to buy her as Matt's daughter...

Completely agree, she's a dreadful actress.
  • Options
    AbominationAbomination Posts: 6,483
    Forum Member
    What about Susan?

I've never seen classic Who, but from what I was aware she never married whilst travelling with the Doctor. I could be wrong though :D

Either way, its a different slant to the companion role in Nu-Who :)
  • Options
    ducturductur Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I kinda go with the idea that The Doctors Daughter has been created to place an option for the future to expand or extend the legend.

If they ever decide to kill off The Doctor... and lets face it, if they can kill off Superman, they can kill off The Doctor.... then there is an option there to continue the series with a new slant and a new following.

I realise that this may not sit well with a lot of people, but it never has to actually come to fruition, so long as the idea to have an option, any option, is mooted, it can be filmed.... It's also part of a scriptwriters job to build sustainability into an idea, and giving options to "get out of jail free" of any kind, would be valuable, if never taken up..

Who foresaw Jack and Vera Duckworth dying ?

D
  • Options
    smudges dadsmudges dad Posts: 36,989
    Forum Member
    I've never seen classic Who, but from what I was aware she never married whilst travelling with the Doctor. I could be wrong though :D

Either way, its a different slant to the companion role in Nu-Who :)

She was Hartnell's granddaughter - series 1 - even before my time.

Seems strange to put a limit on New Who assistants rather than include all of them.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mansun wrote: »

It does mean that the door is open for her to come back if Moffat does decide to take that route though. I wouldn't mind if she did; Georgia Moffet is very attractive, and I think she's OK as an actress.
  • Options
    HelboreHelbore Posts: 16,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ductur wrote: »
    I kinda go with the idea that The Doctors Daughter has been created to place an option for the future to expand or extend the legend.

If they ever decide to kill off The Doctor... and lets face it, if they can kill off Superman, they can kill off The Doctor.... then there is an option there to continue the series with a new slant and a new following.

I realise that this may not sit well with a lot of people, but it never has to actually come to fruition, so long as the idea to have an option, any option, is mooted, it can be filmed.... It's also part of a scriptwriters job to build sustainability into an idea, and giving options to "get out of jail free" of any kind, would be valuable, if never taken up..

D

There's no need to kill the Doctor, though. That's the beauty of regeneration. They can replace the character and actor at will, essentially rewriting him as they see fit and still maintain the show.

You don't need to kill off and replace the character when he already has an inbuilt sustainability that allows him to change appearance and personality at will.

Regeneration was a wonderful idea invented by the early writers that has allowed the series to continually replace its lead character, whilst maintaining its continuity. I wonder if those writers who first dreamed up the idea had any notion of how freeing the concept truly was for the show? Without it, Doctor Who would probably have died a long time ago.

Just look at the next most long-lived sci-fi show; Star Trek. It's only continued through its ability to replace the entire cast and concept, yet remain tied to the basic mythology. It's an acheivement that they pulled that off, but we can see how it clearly had long-term problems when they failed to replace the cast and concept successfully (eg. Voyager)

Doctor Who has managed to create the ultimate get-out card, meaning that it never has to face that issue. You can reinvent it at any moment by having the Doctor get injured and regenerate.

Brilliant idea that guarantees the option of freshness. No need for replacing the character ever, due to this.
  • Options
    JohnFlawbodJohnFlawbod Posts: 4,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Helbore wrote: »
    There's no need to kill the Doctor, though. That's the beauty of regeneration. They can replace the character and actor at will, essentially rewriting him as they see fit and still maintain the show.

You don't need to kill off and replace the character when he already has an inbuilt sustainability that allows him to change appearance and personality at will.

Regeneration was a wonderful idea invented by the early writers that has allowed the series to continually replace its lead character, whilst maintaining its continuity. I wonder if those writers who first dreamed up the idea had any notion of how freeing the concept truly was for the show? Without it, Doctor Who would probably have died a long time ago.

Just look at the next most long-lived sci-fi show; Star Trek. It's only continued through its ability to replace the entire cast and concept, yet remain tied to the basic mythology. It's an acheivement that they pulled that off, but we can see how it clearly had long-term problems when they failed to replace the cast and concept successfully (eg. Voyager)

Doctor Who has managed to create the ultimate get-out card, meaning that it never has to face that issue. You can reinvent it at any moment by having the Doctor get injured and regenerate.

Brilliant idea that guarantees the option of freshness. No need for replacing the character ever, due to this.

Surely there ought to be an IMHO there since "Voyager" ran for seven seasons and had the best viewing figures of all the new Treks whereas Enterprise (cast by numbers imho) died on its arse after a really rocky four seasons the third of which was embarrassing.

Agree about Who though :D
  • Options
    ilovedrwho123ilovedrwho123 Posts: 394
    Forum Member
    ductur wrote: »

D

why do you have something about cornation street on here
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it would be interesting to have both Jenny and Wilf traveling with the 11th Doctor, I get the fealing that they would suit his humerous quirky nature quite well.
  • Options
    johnnysaucepnjohnnysaucepn Posts: 6,775
    Forum Member

Why is the concept of Jenny bad? Even if you accept the unknown EOT woman as being a relative, they are relatives in a completely different manner, and in fact the existence of one defines the Doctor's reaction to the other.

The Doctor had got used to the idea that his family were gone, that he caused their destruction - having a brand new family member forced upon him unexpectedly was an unwanted reminder of what he'd done.
  • Options
    JCRJCR Posts: 24,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Georgia Moffett is apparently 5 months pregnant, so I doubt she's going to turn up in the next series.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1347340/David-Tennant-Georgia-Moffett-expecting-baby.html
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JCR wrote: »
    Georgia Moffett is apparently 5 months pregnant, so I doubt she's going to turn up in the next series.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1347340/David-Tennant-Georgia-Moffett-expecting-baby.html

if thats true congrats to her...:)

Tennant looks like he has been living on the streets....:o

as for Jenny, not a fan of the character really, but it wouldn't surprise me if she returned one day, it was left quite open ended.
  • Options
    ducturductur Posts: 778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    why do you have something about cornation street on here

I don't know... just thinking quickly. Okay, so it was a bad analogy, but what I was trying to say was that any TV series can have anyone pop their clogs without exception.
    One of the things about new Battlestar Galactica that kept me on my toes and always kept me guessing what was going to happen next was that the script could and did kill off absolutly anyone. No one was above the scriptwriters sword.. so it appears to be in Corrie and so, I believe, it could be in Doctor Who.

I would not be at all surprised if in twenty or thirty years time the script calls for a new change of direction and they do just that to re-energise the series.
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    as for Jenny..... it wouldn't surprise me if she returned one day, it was left quite open ended.

Just what I was trying to say

D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the article in the Daily Mail is true, I reckon she'll be taking a break from acting soon...assuming she is 5 months pregnant.