Options

Series 5 Police Box

13»

Comments

• Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    I love the idea that the TARDIS choses to stay a police box.

Females...we always have that "old faithful" outfit that we go back to time and time again :D

In your case, dgem, is it this? :D:p

But it's not just females. I have several identical trousers and shirt (at least weeks worth). I'm sure some people think I am wearing exactly the same clothes every day because I often go for ages before wifey *suggests* I try a different combo. You can imagine my delight when Seth Brundle said he had the same system in The Fly. "There's a sensible man!" I said to my wife. But it only encouraged her to later point out the many ways in which he wasn't being very sensible at all. Doh!:o

The Tardis was being hoisted up and moved around as early as Marco Polo, but I can't remember now what was said/shown about the difficulty of doing so (will listen when I get home!). But I always had the impression it must be about the weight of a wooden box and the weight of the tardis interior wasn't a factor. However, didn't the Doctor ask Romana how heavy it was (very) in Full Circle to let us in the audience know just how strong and muscly the marshmen were? They obviously didn't go back and listen to Marco Polo before writing that bit (if I've remembered correctly).
  • Options
    dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nebogipfel wrote: »

:eek: yes it is, have you been spying on me again lol
    But it's not just females. I have several identical trousers and shirt (at least weeks worth). I'm sure some people think I am wearing exactly the same clothes every day because I often go for ages before wifey *suggests* I try a different combo. You can imagine my delight when Seth Brundle said he had the same system in The Fly. "There's a sensible man!" I said to my wife. But it only encouraged her to later point out the many ways in which he wasn't being very sensible at all. Doh!:o

The Tardis was being hoisted up and moved around as early as Marco Polo, but I can't remember now what was said/shown about the difficulty of doing so (will listen when I get home!). But I always had the impression it must be about the weight of a wooden box and the weight of the tardis interior wasn't a factor. However, didn't the Doctor ask Romana how heavy it was (very) in Full Circle to let us in the audience know just how strong and muscly the marshmen were? They obviously didn't go back and listen to Marco Polo before writing that bit (if I've remembered correctly).

hehe they also seemed to move it easily in fires of pompeii...although perhaps one of the pyroviles did it lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

arnt the 2 parts (inside and out) in slightly diffrent parts of time eg a second or something im sure i heard, read,dreamnt that somewere

just found this Earth-like gravity was 5 × 106 kilograms (5000 tonnes). This presumably refers to its internal weight, as the external part of the TARDIS is light enough for it to be lifted or otherwise moved with relative ease (although most real police boxes were concrete and hence quite difficult to move): several men lift it up in Marco Polo, a group of small blue maintenance workers on Platform One push it along the ground in "The End of the World", and a quartet of Weeping Angels are able to rock it back and forth in "Blink", to name a few. If the exterior of the TARDIS is moved, the movement is transmitted to its interior.