Options

Ipad 2 8MP camera better than Iphone 4?

linkinpark875linkinpark875 Posts: 29,703
Forum Member
✭✭✭
See here:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2030165/inquirer-reveals-apple-ipad-specifications

Is this a sign of what the Iphone 5 may be?

4" display, 2MP front, 8MP back camera?

I really hope they keep the 3.5" screen as having screen some mocks of a 4" screen it's ugly.

I'll be happy with 8MP camera though.

Comments

• Options
    unklesamunklesam Posts: 1,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    See here:

http://www.theinquirer.net/inquirer/news/2030165/inquirer-reveals-apple-ipad-specifications

I really hope they keep the 3.5" screen as having screen some mocks of a 4" screen it's ugly.

I can't see them changing from 3.5" for the reason being if will defragment all the apps which are currently set for a 3.5" display
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unklesam wrote: »
    I can't see them changing from 3.5" for the reason being if will defragment all the apps which are currently set for a 3.5" display

And there's no real gain going to a 4" screen? Samsung Galaxy S is awful.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    unklesam wrote: »

Would there be a higher resolution display? It could be just bigger pixels. And anyway with that many pixels a bit of antialiasing will make them look ok.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The Desire HD has a 4.3" screen and is fine.
  • Options
    EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IvanIV wrote: »
    Would there be a higher resolution display? It could be just bigger pixels. And anyway with that many pixels a bit of antialiasing will make them look ok.
    It's not going to happen. The whole interface is designed for a specific size, and increasing the pixel size would stop it being a retina display.

The iPhone will stay 3.5".
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    See here:

Have you actually read that article? Many of the specs are wrong, the price is wrong, & the language makes it clear it's not serious. It's taking the p***.
  • Options
    The Lord LucanThe Lord Lucan Posts: 5,054
    Forum Member
    What a load of tosh!

This says it all 'To be launched on 1 April,'
  • Options
    BOOTHY2905BOOTHY2905 Posts: 1,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Why because it doesn't have a stupid price tag and an apple on it?

Samsung Galaxy is one of the best phones out today FACT!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,251
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The screen on the iPhone 5 IS bigger, there's been a leaked photo of the bezel and screen from the person that keeps leaking i product info, and has been right every time for serveral years.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jay2009 wrote: »
    The screen on the iPhone 5 IS bigger, there's been a leaked photo of the bezel and screen from the person that keeps leaking i product info, and has been right every time for serveral years.

The phone looks ugly though. Most people have said that 4" screen is way to big.
  • Options
    IvanIVIvanIV Posts: 30,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eejit wrote: »
    It's not going to happen. The whole interface is designed for a specific size, and increasing the pixel size would stop it being a retina display.

The iPhone will stay 3.5".

960x640, that's enough pixels to scale-up nicely. Going from 3.5'' to 4.3'' you still get almost 270 ppi. More than enough for such a small screen.