Options

Am i the only one who?

13»

Comments

• Options
    nebogipfelnebogipfel Posts: 8,375
    Forum Member
    snopaelic wrote: »
    Umm wasn't the point of GMGTW about 11th Doctor being frightening and powerful? Killing all the cybermen, that thing with the monks and gathering people together for a war? Surely that counts as being frightening... both RTD and Moffat have used that paticluar avenue

yes. I don't think outside was making any claim that Moffat hasn't used these things. he wasn't making an RTD vs SM point. Just that RTD wasn't the first to explore these things.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked ecceles and the Doctor is a bit of a shame he had such a short time
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol nebs you have a good point I qqouted the wrong qoute ... sorry outside ... hanging head .... I was reffering to the previous qoute saying that Moffat hasn't the use the idea
  • Options
    Chihiro94Chihiro94 Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Could have been worse - I could come up with another word to rhyme with "Matt" - but I think DS filters it. ;)

How about Matt "the Hat" Smith, or a vairation upon which, in celebration of eleven affection for said item?

I love Nine, as I have all three new Doctors. he was funny and nice, but bloody scary at the same time. He had the alien side to him but in a subteler way than Matt, like when he took to insulting humans as a whole when he got mad. He even made Rose watchable. I very almost stopped watching, but I was ten at the time not used to the idea of a new Doctor in action, and David Tennant at the time was an adult, who my sister loved.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,001
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eccles

Every time I see that I hear Spike Milligan in my head :D

I've liked all three in different ways, and was sorry to see the departure of both Eccleston and Tennant. Chris Eccleston I would like to have seen for a bit longer, he wasn't there long enough for me to build any real affection for. Although I liked him prior to that as an actor and I did like his Doctor. I admit I never did quite get my head round the strong accent, it was a bit of stumbling block for me. And, McCoy's would've been too, but I was too busy being a teenage girl in the McCoy years to pay much heed.

Tennant I did get attached to. Didn't always like his stories, or companions but usually liked him. Much as I do like Smith (although I agree with the point further up that he lacks menace) when I go back and watch past DT episodes I still think, oh but I really liked you.

I'm thinking Smith will appeal to me more on his own or with a different assistant. It's been too much like a student flatshare in that Tardis lately.
  • Options
    andy1231andy1231 Posts: 5,100
    Forum Member
    Re The Doctor being more than just a Timelord Didn't Lady Whatsername in Silver Nemises hint that the seventh Doctor was "much more than just a Timelord" and that he had some sort of secret that she would reveal ?
    P.S. I'm not getting into the old argument that D.T was a rubbinsh Doctor, each to their own opinion.