Options

Sam Callahan's Absolutely Massive House

2»

Comments

• Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    I don't see what the problem is. He can't live off his parents all his life, he's at the point where he needs to start thinking of a career for himself. I don't see what him having management has to do with anything either, it's not like having management suddenly makes you a popstar, he'd still be nowhere.
  • Options
    FirespireFirespire Posts: 4,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Must be the first time that the xfactor mansion has actually been a downgrade for one of the contestants :D

Looking at them both on the internet, I'll take the X Factor mansion please.

http://www.rectory.co.uk/downloads/brochures/Levens.pdf

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/property-history/willow-barn/broad-street-green-road/great-totham/maldon/cm9-8nx/17006309?image=0
  • Options
    Peter EPeter E Posts: 7,746
    Forum Member
    Erm, hello folks!!!!!

This is the X factor!! Surely after all these years you should have realised that all these sob stories / back stories are not 100% accurate!!

Don't know why so many people on this thread are shocked!! It's all part fo the game!!
  • Options
    AlexosAlexos Posts: 17,697
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Never underestimate the XF's ability to casually but consistently remind viewers how terrible and meaningless their jobs in the service and retail industries really are.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Firespire wrote: »

Wow. :eek: That's what you call resourceful. How on earth did you get that information?!
  • Options
    rattierattie Posts: 7,050
    Forum Member
    Not at all, and I don't think I suggested it should be. My point was that it made his earlier 'all I've got waiting for me is bartending' lines seem quite silly in retrospect. Would rather he talked about his desire to win, said it was his greatest ambition and stop pretending that if he'd fluffed it at auditions he'd be heading to skid row.

They're told what to say, make no mistake, they don't control how they are edited or anything else for that matter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,888
    Forum Member
    Nothing wrong with being comfortable really, just don't pretend to be struggling by on a barman's salary when in actual fact you are middle class and the job you do isn't for rent, food or whatever...
  • Options
    sstephanie40sstephanie40 Posts: 672
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    xeo wrote: »
    I don't see what the problem is. He can't live off his parents all his life, he's at the point where he needs to start thinking of a career for himself. I don't see what him having management has to do with anything either, it's not like having management suddenly makes you a popstar, he'd still be nowhere.

Ah but the right management has the right contacts. So he was invited to audition at a set time and place and fast tracked through to the show proper. Makes life a lot easier when someone is negotiating on your behalf!
  • Options
    EurostarEurostar Posts: 78,519
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The lowdown on Sam.

Has current management that got him an invite to the show....

Attended Sylvia Young Theatre School - which isn't cheap!
    (Was in the same year as most of District 3/ Lydia Lucy!)

So the barman story simply isn't 100% true.

He's spent most of this year in Scotland - doing school tours and rehearsing his act with his manager/producer.
    This is so he's ready to be launched as a solo act in 2014.......

Reminds me a little of Ella Henderson last year : her father was a millionaire and she had attended stage school for years (perhaps that's why she wasn't able to improve as the live shows progressed).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 206
    Forum Member
    Ah but the right management has the right contacts. So he was invited to audition at a set time and place and fast tracked through to the show proper. Makes life a lot easier when someone is negotiating on your behalf!

If that's the case, and Sam has always been a dead cert for lives, then not only is he a 'ready made popstar', he's a bloody good actor. Lol! :p
    I don't believe that was a fake reaction. There's no way he knew his fate before hand.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eurostar wrote: »
    Reminds me a little of Ella Henderson last year : her father was a millionaire and she had attended stage school for years (perhaps that's why she wasn't able to improve as the live shows progressed).

Absolutely. She was at Tring. They seem to turn them all out like cloned musical theatre artists at these schools.

One thing they do teach however is performance skills. Watch Lydia Lucy. Not the singing, but the stage work. She was also in Sam's class. Confidence and projection.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    StageDive wrote: »
    If that's the case, and Sam has always been a dead cert for lives, then not only is he a 'ready made popstar', he's a bloody good actor. Lol! :p
    I don't believe that was a fake reaction. There's no way he knew his fate before hand.

Unless he majorly stuffed up he was always going to be seriously considered. I can't speak for the record company of course but a deal with management is a serious option. In this case it's more than likely that a positive outcome would ensue.

And he did go to a school where improv is one of the classes on offer!
  • Options
    Jessica_HambyJessica_Hamby Posts: 1,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh, apart from the money they paid on his gym membership and dietician I think his parents got shafted. Nice body but when it comes to singing he's totally unremarkable. The only extraordinary thing about his voice is how very bland and unmemorable it is.
  • Options
    ladydancer1ladydancer1 Posts: 1,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to this he does live at home with his parents and brother. Makes interesting reading although the article was written before he got picked to go through to the live shows.
    http://www.thisistotalessex.co.uk/X-Factor-Sam-Callahan-s-dad-Watching-boy/story-19881232-detail/story.html#axzz2gy1hTDEk
  • Options
    babyshezbabyshez Posts: 993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know of Sam through a friend and before he came on I said out loud "oh I wonder what his sob story will be: 'I went to a private school, I live in a massive house...'" LOL! I understand what people are saying, but considering his parents invested in him going to a school dedicated to the arts, it must be quite frustrating to have a job in something else, especially when your passion and education is elsewhere.