BB Posters Reunited and WELCOME to the lurkers! (Part 42)

Comments

• honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Here you are, Hicky. This tells us what happened in West Kirby in the war. :)
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ww2peopleswar/stories/34/a5406734.shtml
  • honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    Gemo52 wrote: »
    Still, a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest. Lie-la-lie…

Good morning.

Nice enough here for me to quickly handwash the cover up dresses I had forgotten and put them on the line. :)

:D Very apt.
  • HickyHicky Posts: 50,488
    Forum Member
    Morning everyone :)

My brother found a completely untouched air raid shelter some time ago and took the children in to see. We also spent some time living completely as in home front wartime, with rationing and modern things put away. (for education purposes) everyone enjoyed it tremendously. We based what to keep on what my family had during the war, which was a bit of a cheat because my grandmother was a bit flash and had everything. :cool:

If people were going to lie then i am sure it is more likely that they would say that they didn't know than did, don't you? and yet most say that they knew exactly what was going on.
    I am sure there will always be a few stupid people who either don't know what is happening or choose not to know.

It is very well documented so you can easily read up on it. Thankfully many people risked their own lives to save others and to stand up against evil.
    Was West Kirby hit?
    Here's some info.
    Here you are, Hicky. This tells us what happened in West Kirby in the war. :)
    That's the one i got.:D

Think we got the overspill from Liverpool docks, if the plane was hit it released it's load as soon as possible.
  • Gemo52Gemo52 Posts: 128,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    :D Very apt.

A line that often comes to mind when Hicky posts.

I have also noticed that Hicky is invariably against the consensus opinion on Lurkers and I wonder if something else is afoot here. :rolleyes:
  • nowahallanowahalla Posts: 10,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    morning/afternoon :)
    less than an hour to gin time....been shopping again today, definitely earned that gin :(
    apparently negotiating the price and paying for the goods isn't enough, I'm supposed to choose 'em as well...gifts for my sis and her family from mum....sighs....of course, mum doesn't like what I chose, but she didn't tell me that, oh no, she told my daughter..who helped choose 'em. Roll on next tuesday :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    nowahalla wrote: »
    less than an hour to gin time....been shopping again today, definitely earned that gin :(
    apparently negotiating the price and paying for the goods isn't enough, I'm supposed to choose 'em as well...gifts for my sis and her family from mum....sighs....of course, mum doesn't like what I chose, but she didn't tell me that, oh no, she told my daughter..who helped choose 'em. Roll on next tuesday :(

I’ll ship out my Mum to join her if it helps. She criticises me to my face and praises me behind my back. :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I’ll ship out my Mum to join her if it helps. She criticises me to my face and praises me behind my back. :rolleyes:

Can't make it any worse:rolleyes::p:D - at least you get some praise, albeit indirectly...i am obviously a huge disappointment... having said that she's already talking about "next time" she's out here:eek::eek: so there must be something I'm doing vaguely right...
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can't make it any worse:rolleyes::p:D - at least you get some praise, albeit indirectly...i am obviously a huge disappointment... having said that she's already talking about "next time" she's out here:eek::eek: so there must be something I'm doing vaguely right...

Maybe it’s a generation thing.

My mother takes great delight in telling someone something was unsatisfactory.

Last year we took her to lunch with my daughter and partner. Daughter and I had jacket potatoes which mother also likes but she had to be different so she had sandwiches – everything was the same price so she had a massive sandwich costing £8.

After lunch she took Mr G to one side to tell him the sandwich was “really horrible”. He wasn’t pleased, especially when she had smiled and said it was lovely when someone came round to ask if everything was OK. :rolleyes:

I sent a cheque for her last birthday.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gin time....been over to the Pub but I see the staff are slacking as usual:rolleyes::p

laters xx:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Maybe it’s a generation thing.

My mother takes great delight in telling someone something was unsatisfactory.

Last year we took her to lunch with my daughter and partner. Daughter and I had jacket potatoes which mother also likes but she had to be different so she had sandwiches – everything was the same price so she had a massive sandwich costing £8.

After lunch she took Mr G to one side to tell him the sandwich was “really horrible”. He wasn’t pleased, especially when she had smiled and said it was lovely when someone came round to ask if everything was OK. :rolleyes:

I sent a cheque for her last birthday.
    Oops, didn't see you there:o sorry...
    At least yours has a mind of her own food wise, mine asks us all what we are having and then copies one of us, it's a game now to see how long we can avoid telling her this forcing her to make her own decision on what to order...meanies that we are:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Getting my mother to try anything Thai would be a miracle.

The last trip overseas with her was almost 30 years and we went to Greece, the only thing she ordered was ham omelette. Everything else she didn’t like, regardless of whether she’d ever tried it before or not.
    Forum Member
    I think that all troublesome MIL's should be put on a ship and sailed round the world until they are too old to care anymore.
    Only docking at uninhabited islands where they can't cause trouble.

At the governments expense.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    My MIL was an absolute delight, but she died last year. :(
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Getting my mother to try anything Thai would be a miracle.

The last trip overseas with her was almost 30 years and we went to Greece, the only thing she ordered was ham omelette. Everything else she didn’t like, regardless of whether she’d ever tried it before or not.
    We are having pad thai tonight, cooked by my Burmese maid:D mum is currently making worried faces and muttering asides about the smells of chilli and frying garlic that are filling the house:D
    Hicky wrote: »
    I think that all troublesome MIL's should be put on a ship and sailed round the world until they are too old to care anymore.
    Only docking at uninhabited islands where they can't cause trouble.

At the governments expense.
    that only solves half the problem Hicky as Gemo and I are both talking about our mothers not our mothers-in-law, beside I like my MIL, she's delightfully bonkers:D
  • Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still, a man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest. Lie-la-lie…

Good morning.

Nice enough here for me to quickly handwash the cover up dresses I had forgotten and put them on the line. :)
    Indeed so!

I have also noticed that Hicky is invariably against the consensus opinion on Lurkers and I wonder if something else is afoot here. :rolleyes:
    Yup..........I swear I can hear the clip clop of hooves a lot of the time. :rolleyes:
    Gin time....been over to the Pub but I see the staff are slacking as usual:rolleyes::p

:mad::mad:
    That's why there are vending machines there! :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahahaha brilliant. HERE :D:D

Afternoon all. :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nowt wrong with being against the majority opinion. I often am on here. Bur every single time no way

Is that dump not shut yet. I waited over 30 mins just for a Stella and as for food I wouldn't bother
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Hahahahahaha brilliant. HERE :D:D

Afternoon all. :D

:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 25,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One of them days with multiple weather. Woke u pfreezing then sun out then blustery rain then downpour now just cloudy.

:(:(:( That job interview was no good. and they blew my theory out of the water. The one where they ring if successful and second class post or nothing for failures. Another but we'll keep your details on file:rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fancy a massage? HERE :D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nowt wrong with being against the majority opinion. I often am on here. Bur every single time no way

Is that dump not shut yet. I waited over 30 mins just for a Stella and as for food I wouldn't bother

:D
    :eek::mad::eek:
    How very dare you!
    We don't allow riff raff in there anyway, you must have slipped past security. :p
    One of them days with multiple weather. Woke u pfreezing then sun out then blustery rain then downpour now just cloudy.

:(:(:( That job interview was no good. and they blew my theory out of the water. The one where they ring if successful and second class post or nothing for failures. Another but we'll keep your details on file:rolleyes:
    Weather is pretty much the same here too.

Bugger! One of these days you'll be successful.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorry Balders. :(

The rain has held off here so far. Keeping my eye on it because I’ve got washing on the line.
    Forum Member
    My MIL was an absolute delight, but she died last year. :(
    They say the good ones go first.:(
    That's me out.:D
    We are having pad thai tonight, cooked by my Burmese maid:D mum is currently making worried faces and muttering asides about the smells of chilli and frying garlic that are filling the house:D

that only solves half the problem Hicky as Gemo and I are both talking about our mothers not our mothers-in-law, beside I like my MIL, she's delightfully bonkers:D
    I wouldn't put up with any hassle from them, but i am warned before NIL comes not to upset her, as if i would.:D:eek:

By the way, can you get a copy of that song to keep playiong.

"I'd like to get you on a slow boat to China"
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member
    Re MIL ~

She is very appreciative of all the history and has enjoyed the trips very much but it has been a real strain. She still treats me like a stupid Bimbo. When she asks questions and I answer, she sort of raises an eyebrow, then asks Sam the same question. He will say "ask Heather, she has a better grasp of the language/knows more about those aspects" etc. but she will persist until he answers , then tells him how helpful and clever he is.:rolleyes::p
    I can laugh at this behaviour but it does get very wearing and it really bothers Sam.
    Yesterday, I refused to climb a hill to a monument I have visited a dozen times and waited at the bottom with my book, quite happy until they returned to be told that if I had sugar in my diet and ate more, I would have more energy.
    It has been a huge drain on us, financially, with Sam having to take the time off work. When we ate out, she would order twice as much as we normally do, (and we both have good appetites) then complain about the bill - which we paid, anyway....
    This morning, she announced that she would be back later in the year.I can't do any more than I did so I'm not going to let it get me down. She had really good weather, too, it is still horrible out there since she left....:(
  • ArtemesiaArtemesia Posts: 43,241
    Forum Member

Oh, I'm so sorry, Balders.......:(:(
    Forum Member
    Artemesia wrote: »
    Re MIL ~

She is very appreciative of all the history and has enjoyed the trips very much but it has been a real strain. She still treats me like a stupid Bimbo. When she asks questions and I answer, she sort of raises an eyebrow, then asks Sam the same question. He will say "ask Heather, she has a better grasp of the language/knows more about those aspects" etc. but she will persist until he answers , then tells him how helpful and clever he is.:rolleyes::p
    I can laugh at this behaviour but it does get very wearing and it really bothers Sam.
    Yesterday, I refused to climb a hill to a monument I have visited a dozen times and waited at the bottom with my book, quite happy until they returned to be told that if I had sugar in my diet and ate more, I would have more energy.
    It has been a huge drain on us, financially, with Sam having to take the time off work. When we ate out, she would order twice as much as we normally do, (and we both have good appetites) then complain about the bill - which we paid, anyway....
    This morning, she announced that she would be back later in the year.I can't do any more than I did so I'm not going to let it get me down. She had really good weather, too, it is still horrible out there since she left....:(
    Well she might get away with it with you, but she wouldn't with me, image her trying to mess me around, Ha Ha. no way, you don't have to put up with it do you?
    You are both grown up's have a mind of your own, and owe nothing, always remember, you didn't ask to be born, it wasn't done for your pleasure either.
This discussion has been closed.