Options

Ed Balls cost Haringey Council c£600,000

13»

Comments

• Options
    Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    MARTYM8 wrote: »
    Well £600k would only just buy you a house in Tottenham now which sums up how mad London prices are these days.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-31407123.html

This woman will never work again - and she has almost been made out to be more evil in the public's eye than Baby P's murderers. Not excusing her failings of course - just bringing some perspective.

A child was murdered - yes you are excusing her failings .
  • Options
    Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blockz99 wrote: »
    I'm in no way a fan of Balls but he was right to sack shoesmith ....I'd go further and imprison some of the social workers -maybe then when a child is tortured they will take action to save child instead of turning a blind eye and preserving their job .

Well the tribunal did not agree and they were presented with the evidence.

I think social workers have an incredibly hard job. Villifying them rather than the parents is a mistake and will not keep children safe. The unfortunate reality is that occasionally the system will fail. Social workers are not infallible.
  • Options
    Blockz99Blockz99 Posts: 5,045
    Forum Member
    Well the tribunal did not agree and they were presented with the evidence.

I think social workers have an incredibly hard job. Villifying them rather than the parents is a mistake and will not keep children safe. The unfortunate reality is that occasionally the system will fail. Social workers are not infallible.

I'm happy to villify the parents much more than the social workers. The parents rightly received a prison sentence ....the social workers...another "course" . I'm not saying that all cases are clear but in cases where the social worker willfully ignores the plain evidence of neglect or torture then the Social worker must be held as an accessory.

have a look into the Baby P case and then try and defend the social workers who ignored the torture of this poor child ? its a bit like saying the police man who stood by and did not intervene as a member of the public was being kicked to death should not be held to account because the system sometimes fail.