Options

Neighbours dog weeing on my front lawn

LeviathainLeviathain Posts: 719
Forum Member
✭✭
I have a neighbour who walks his dog every other evening and whenever he gets to my front lawn his dog likes to relieve himself.

Well I am getting a bit fed up of this, anyone have any similar experiences and how did you deal with the problem.

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    at least it wasn't your neighbour himself doing it :D

can't you pour Jasefluid over the spot he goes on, might stop him
  • Options
    NX-74205NX-74205 Posts: 4,691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leviathain wrote: »
    anyone have any similar experiences and how did you deal with the problem.

Yes I have. What I did was this, rather than going out and having a 'word' with the neighbour I started a thread about it on a popular media based internet forum.
  • Options
    phylo_roadkingphylo_roadking Posts: 21,339
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah....

But did it have a dump in your pond???
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Landmines?
  • Options
    MaxatoriaMaxatoria Posts: 17,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    run a bit of wire to the spot and make sure its bare and wait till the dog arrives and turn on the plug and wait...last time the dog will do it
  • Options
    zwixxxzwixxx Posts: 10,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    eBay dog repellent spray.

don't know how effective it is, was gonna get some cos neighbour opposite had dog who'd like to run around their small garden barking and pooping, thought of spray his whole garden with it (allegedly). Unfortunately or fortunately they moved out, to be replaced by a family with noisy kids who like to run around their small garden screaming and iiuc this spray doesn't work on children. :(
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Sprinkler system in centre of lawn.

Switch it on as soon as dog steps onto lawn.

It'll soon get the message.

Or just buy a powerful air-rifle and shoot it.
  • Options
    ChipDouglas82ChipDouglas82 Posts: 6,700
    Forum Member
    Could be worse, he could let it shit on your lawn every night!
  • Options
    exlordlucanexlordlucan Posts: 35,375
    Forum Member
    Put a bucket out for it.
  • Options
    bossoftheworldbossoftheworld Posts: 4,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's annoying because dog pee burns your grass (I don't know if you're proud of your front lawn?) I like the idea of putting on a sprinkler system though - that will wet your neighbour who is really the one who should be dealing with this. Doesn't she keep the dog on a lead.

I was looking out my window once and this woman's dog did a big poo in the garden - I knocked on the window and pointed to it - she didn't have a bag so I ran out with a carrier bag for her to pick it up - fancy not taking poop bags when walking your dog!
  • Options
    bluebladeblueblade Posts: 88,859
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a neighbour who walks his dog every other evening and whenever he gets to my front lawn his dog likes to relieve himself.

Well I am getting a bit fed up of this, anyone have any similar experiences and how did you deal with the problem.

Well the neighbour is showing total contempt for you, that is for certain.

I'd take photos, get hard copies and put them through his door, asking him not to do it again.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Well the neighbour is showing total contempt for you, that is for certain.

I'd take photos, get hard copies and put them through his door, asking him not to do it again.

Or, you know, he could do the normal thing and wait until he sees him doing it again and have a word with him.
  • Options
    dip_transferdip_transfer Posts: 2,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Get yourself a Catapult and a bag of marbles.;-)
  • Options
    Bedlam_maidBedlam_maid Posts: 5,922
    Forum Member
    If it's your front lawn why isn't it fenced off?
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yep- i tiold the offending neighbour anymore piss on the lawn and i'll rip his head off and shit down his neck .Worked a treat :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    NX-74205 wrote: »
    Or, you know, he could do the normal thing and wait until he sees him doing it again and have a word with him.

Well he could, but people tend to get extremely aggressive these days, when their behaviour is challenged. He might be OK, but I'd not take the risk with a face to face confrontation.
  • Options
    MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A dog should not be coming onto your property.
    Video it and contact local warden.
  • Options
    abarthmanabarthman Posts: 8,501
    Forum Member
    Muze wrote: »
    A dog should not be coming onto your property.
    Video it and contact local warden.
    It's not a stray, though.

The owner is standing nearby and has trained it to pee on the OP's lawn to cause maximum irritation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    blueblade wrote: »
    Well he could, but people tend to get extremely aggressive these days, when their behaviour is challenged. He might be OK, but I'd not take the risk with a face to face confrontation.

I had a similar problem not too long ago with a bloke letting his dog run up my driveway to lay it's eggs. I waited until I saw it happen again and went out to make a simple request, man to man. We talked, there was no outbreak of spontaneous violence and it didn't happen again.

You have to admit, it's a pretty sad state of affairs if this is what it's come to, people too afraid to stand up for themselves and confront those doing wrong against them.
  • Options
    Chuck WaoChuck Wao Posts: 2,724
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had a similar problem not too long ago with a bloke letting his dog run up my driveway to lay it's eggs. I waited until I saw it happen again and went out to make a simple request, man to man. We talked, there was no outbreak of spontaneous violence and it didn't happen again.

You have to admit, it's a pretty sad state of affairs if this is what it's come to, people too afraid to stand up for themselves and confront those doing wrong against them.

+1 ...very sad and pretty pathetic if not old or frail
  • Options
    MuzeMuze Posts: 2,225
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »
    It's not a stray, though.

The owner is standing nearby and has trained it to pee on the OP's lawn to cause maximum irritation.

It makes no difference. Dog wardens deal with dangerous and nuisance dogs.
    or try local beat officer/PCSO.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Chuck Wao wrote: »
    Yep- i tiold the offending neighbour anymore piss on the lawn and i'll rip his head off and shit down his neck .Worked a treat :)

:o i wouldn't want to upset you then or bump into you on a dark night :D
  • Options
    DinkyDoobieDinkyDoobie Posts: 17,786
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wee on his dog. That'll teach him. :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well it's obviously up to each individual to decide for themselves what the best approach is. I'm just saying - rightly or wrongly - what my judgement call is on the matter, in the light of recent cases where people have been stabbed to death for complaining to neighbours.

It is a sad state of affairs, yes, but it is current reality.
  • Options
    CravenHavenCravenHaven Posts: 13,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just get a bigger, horny dog of the same sex so every time peepee pooch passes, he doesn't want to linger.