Options

Danny Boy Hatchard signs new Eastenders contract

Comments

• Options
    vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Lee has huge potential so I'm not sorry to see Danny Boy's contract renewed. I don't see how people can say what a terrible actor he is when we haven't really seen him do anything yet.

DTC obviously believes he has potential or is it simply because he is a Carter? Either way he needs to flesh Lee out as he has been very poor in his first year on the show.
  • Options
    LMLM Posts: 63,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good. But here's hoping DTC bloody uses him

I think pairing him up with Whitney has done him no favors. Him and Lucy would of been a great couple if they had not killed her. The flashback episode proved to me it wasn't just about having sex, there was a sense of respect between one another.
  • Options
    valdvald Posts: 46,057
    Forum Member
    I like him, and I like him with Whitney.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Lee has huge potential so I'm not sorry to see Danny Boy's contract renewed. I don't see how people can say what a terrible actor he is when we haven't really seen him do anything yet.

Anyone who had seen Danny Boy in a beautiful thing a few years ago would easily see what a promising actor he is. He stole the show for me.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    Anything about Luisa B-W, Linda Henry or Annette Badland's contracts? Are they staying on? I hope so.

Sounds like Mick, Linda, Nancy and Lee will be taking centre stage again. I would much rather see Tina, Shirley, Babe, Stan (before he goes) and Buster. I do like Mick and Nancy but Mick in small doses as I don't like this Mick we have seen since Christmas.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ell_Ren wrote: »
    Anything about Luisa B-W, Linda Henry or Annette Badland's contracts? Are they staying on? I hope so.

Linda will be there for a long time to come I think.
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Good news. :)
  • Options
    LHolmesLHolmes Posts: 13,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    im surprised he is only signing year by year, for a guy who says he loves the show and wants to stay, a 1 year contract is not that much of a commitment.
    12 month contracts are standard.
  • Options
    Ell_RenEll_Ren Posts: 9,911
    Forum Member
    vaslav37 wrote: »
    Linda will be there for a long time to come I think.

I certainly hope so.
  • Options
    bass55bass55 Posts: 18,399
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I rather like Lee as a character; I feel he has hidden depths that we are yet to see. Glad he is staying.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Charnham wrote: »
    im surprised he is only signing year by year, for a guy who says he loves the show and wants to stay, a 1 year contract is not that much of a commitment.

It's likely down to Danny Boy's choice to extend for just another year. It varies on the actor's choice.

Danielle Harold signed a three year contract back in 2013, and Charlie Brooks signed a three year contract several years ago as well

A year isn't standard at all. Only if it's a character who is intended to be a short term character, like the actor who played Derek Branning was. 3 or more years is standard for a soap or most television shows.
  • Options
    TellMeMoreTellMeMore Posts: 1,067
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lee is infinitely better than the Moon Goons and Joey Bravo. He can stay.
  • Options
    umr3000umr3000 Posts: 1,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's fantastic news that Danny Dyer, Kellie Bright and Maddy Hill are committed to the show for another year, but I must say Danny Boy Hatchard is the weakest link out of the family as he's not a very strong actor, I'd have much preferred it if Sam Strike was still on the show instead!
  • Options
    NoughtiesMusicNoughtiesMusic Posts: 15,914
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lou_123 wrote: »
    Mick took centre stage at Christmas and the soap rose to over 7 million viewers.

Ian Beale took centre stage for the 30th and the soap soared to 12 million!;).

Danny Dyer has been great on the show and he is loved on the show by many. He has contributed to turning the soap around.

However, the soap wouldn't have achieved such figures, if the Carters had taken centre stage. They are not the favourites at all. You'll find it's the established characters, that the viewers and of course the casual viewers care about the most!:).

The Carters had virtually nothing to do with the New Year's episode and the rating was even better than the Christmas one, from what I remember. Ronnie and Emma took centre stage. Mick and Linda took a short break, and in that episode they showed Lee briefly as a way of lining up the main suspects in the Lucy case.
  • Options
    Joey15811Joey15811 Posts: 15,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's likely down to Danny Boy's choice to extend for just another year. It varies on the actor's choice.

Danielle Harold signed a three year contract back in 2013, and Charlie Brooks signed a three year contract several years ago as well

A year isn't standard at all. Only if it's a character who is intended to be a short term character, like the actor who played Derek Branning was. 3 or more years is standard for a soap or most television shows.

So Lola's around until 2016? Great! Id love to know where people find contract info from xD
  • Options
    Soapfan678Soapfan678 Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    vald wrote: »
    I like him, and I like him with Whitney.

I agree. I like them as a couple and as individual characters. I just wish DTC would give these characters something to do, instead of using them here and there. They are wasted. I have a feeling Shona McGarty will end up leaving Eastenders, due to lack of screen time. I cannot see her staying if she doesn't get a good story. I might be wrong.

Go on Shona, take a risk and leave Eastenders if you have not had a decent story in the next six months. Release some music. Do a Martine McCutcheon. Her career went well after Eastenders. Music, starring in a musical and a film. If Martine can do it, so can Shona.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I don't see how people can either
    You can't judge an actor who hasn't been given anything to deliver on
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So Lola's around until 2016? Great! Id love to know where people find contract info from xD

Danielle Harold's contract renewal was confirmed on DS. Most normally are.
  • Options
    Lion_60Lion_60 Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    I hope he gets a good storyline in the future. His anger could be a good story.
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    He's okay, but he needs grittier storylines to make him a more rounded character.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danielle Harold's contract renewal was confirmed on DS. Most normally are.

Not usually and only a select few.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not usually and only a select few.

Well i am only telling you where i found it out, as you asked to know where people find contract information from. If you seem to know an extended more detailed answer, why ask?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    umr3000 wrote: »
    I think it's fantastic news that Danny Dyer, Kellie Bright and Maddy Hill are committed to the show for another year, but I must say Danny Boy Hatchard is the weakest link out of the family as he's not a very strong actor, I'd have much preferred it if Sam Strike was still on the show instead!

Agreed but people say Danny Boy is a better actor than most of us give him credit for but EE have not given him a proper chance yet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well i am only telling you where i found it out, as you asked to know where people find contract information from. If you seem to know an extended more detailed answer, why ask?

Some People seem to know details of those that haven't been put on DS :P
  • Options
    Heathyheath_Heathyheath_ Posts: 986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this is good news because really they couldn't have afforded to lose another Carter child after Johnny left so early on into the Carter's existence. I'm not the biggest fan of Lee but I'm glad to see him stick around.