Film stars who hated each other on set

13»

Comments

• gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    George Peppard & Mr T didn't get on off screen. Peppard had more of a problem with T than T had with Peppard.

Although Gene Wilder & Richard Pryor seemed to have chemistry on screen.Off screen they were not friends.Gene Wilder claimed that Richard Pryor's cocaine addiction made him unpleasant to be around.

Leonard Rossiter and Frances De La Tour had great chemistry on screen but both didn't get on with each other off screen
  • richard craniumrichard cranium Posts: 4,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jerry Lewis and Dean Martin became less than friendly during their later films.

Abbott and Costello also grew apart due to personal monetary grievances and Abbott's drinking.

Paul Newman and Hitchcock didn't get on while filming Torn Curtain.
    Newman's Method Acting style was to blame.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    Wooper wrote: »
    George Lazenby and Diana Rigg in On Her Majestys Secret Service.

Throughout the filming of the movie, there were rumours they did not get on, owing to a personality clash. The rumors may have arisen from a reporter witnessing her say "I'm having garlic for lunch George, I hope you are!" before a love scene between the two. However, both denied the claims, and both wrote off the garlic comment as a joke.

George Lazenby didnt meet the proffesional standards of Diana Rigg. He was always having card games with Telly Savalass & generaly being Mr Bigshot , even telling the late great John Barry how his music fitted the film.

:)
  • broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx didnt get on during the movie Miami Vice eveen coming to blows at one point.
  • samandmaisamandmai Posts: 2,043
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Clint Eastwood despised Charlie Sheen during the filming of The Rookie because of his drug-taking, apparently Eastwood gave him a good hiding because of it !
  • Shak2005Shak2005 Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    its funny how actors who hate each other have better onscreen chemistry.
  • trec123trec123 Posts: 4,419
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shak2005 wrote: »
    its funny how actors who hate each other have better onscreen chemistry.

And so disappointing when a good screen pairing turns out to have hated each other!
  • snorksnork Posts: 1,464
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Colin Farrell and Jamie Foxx didnt get on during the movie Miami Vice eveen coming to blows at one point.
    mialicious wrote: »
    Jamie Foxx and LL cool J had a punch up on the set of any given sunday

Its a wonder Foxx gets any work if these are true!!! :D
  • Walter NeffWalter Neff Posts: 9,173
    Forum Member
    Laurence Harvey upset everyone when filming Walk on the Wild Side in 1961.
    He was constantly late on the set, which drove Barbara Stanwyck to confront him and snarl, "Get off your ass Florence, I've no time for prima donna's." It was reported that he was never late again.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,138
    Forum Member
    I'm taking these work related punch ups with a big pinch of salt, well the more recent ones anyway. Surely, if a director slapped around a Hollywood actor then there be assault charges flying, surely? :confused:
  • ShaiyaShaiya Posts: 3,512
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt during Interview With the Vampire.

As far as I know, they haven't worked together since.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not strictly a film, but the two guys from Steptoe & Son couldn't stand eachother. Mind you, they couldn't stand eachother on the show either :D
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    I once read about the Irish film "Headrush", and learned its actors Steven Berkoff and Laura Pyper didn't get on with each other there.
  • DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Sylar11 wrote: »
    Not exactly between two film stars, but actor Ed Harris punched James Cameron in the face when the director almost allowed Harris to suffocate as a way to add realism in the film 'The Abyss'. Harris vowed never again to work with Cameron, who is apparently notoriously difficult to work with.

I wouldn't want to mess wirh Ed Harris!
    :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ray Liotta and Robert De Niro in Goodfellas

Not to an extreme level, but I remember reading an interview with Liotta in a film magazine where he said De Niro wouldn't give him the time of day (apart from when doing their scenes together of course).

He went on to say he was upset with De Niro's behaviour at first but now he couldn't give a shit.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I once read about the Irish film "Headrush", and learned its actors Steven Berkoff and Laura Pyper didn't get on with each other there.

Maybe she mentioned his role as one of the hopeless interceptor pilots in "UFO"?
    Every time I see him banging on about the theatre I remember him firing missiles at flying saucers (and frequently missing).:)
  • loveloveXloveloveX Posts: 4,177
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shaiya wrote: »
    Tom Cruise and Brad Pitt during Interview With the Vampire.

As far as I know, they haven't worked together since.

yeh i heard that apparently it was more from brad pitts end, he was being a royal bitch. personally i think that with the bad press tom was getting for playing lestat, and then he totally acted brad off the screen probably pissed him off.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,750
    Forum Member
    Didn't he just to always call Kate Winslet fat on the set of Titanic? And tell everyone not to let her eat any fatty foods so if she went for lunch she'd be refused anything that wasn't salad.

Did not know that. If true, what a t*t he is. Kate Winslet looked fantastic in that film. We'd know, we saw it all... :o
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 520
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shaiya wrote: »
    Ray Liotta and Robert De Niro in Goodfellas

Not to an extreme level, but I remember reading an interview with Liotta in a film magazine where he said De Niro wouldn't give him the time of day (apart from when doing their scenes together of course).

He went on to say he was upset with De Niro's behaviour at first but now he couldn't give a shit.

No way! This is a shock to me, I thought De Niro was the ultimate pro!
  • M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    Meryl Streep and Stephen Daldry on the set of The Hours, Daldry thought Streep was lazy, dull and not giving her best performance, so much so they re shot all her scenes again under the premise that an actress hired to play Julianne Moore at the end din't convince the audience so the whole apartment set was rebuilt supposedly for one scene which was reshot using Moore and then all of Streeps scenes were re shot as well at the same time. She was livid, Scott Rudin the producer was furious and Daldry and Streep hated each other much more, If you watch the press releases for the film Streep cannot bring herself to talk much about him.
    Nicole Kidman and Julianne Moore on the other hand enjoyed the experience. Daldry is known as an actors director in that he can pull grade A performances from them, so the lazy title for Sreep might have some truth to it
  • Residents FanResidents Fan Posts: 9,204
    Forum Member
    I remember reading in The Movie Directors Story by Joel W. Finler, that Coppola
    and Richard Gere didn't get on during the shooting of "The Cotton Club".
  • Shak2005Shak2005 Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i am actually wondering if this Liotta/De Niro thing is true cos in Copland (1997) they had only one scene together and they just gave each other the dirty look and didnt even speak to each other.
  • MrGiles2MrGiles2 Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It is so well know that Vivian Leigh hated working with Clark Gable because of his false teeth, his breath stank. Nevertheless, she put up with it to make one of the finest romance movies of all time.

That is professionalism for you.
  • HeavenlyHeavenly Posts: 31,915
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    Patrick Swayze and Jennifer Grey
    The two came to despise each other after a massive row on the set of ‘Red Dawn’. When Grey was informed that Swayze would play her on-screen romance in the iconic ‘Dirty Dancing’, she was so upset that she almost pulled out. Eventually though they had a deep heart-to-heart and made friends. Years later Grey broke down into tears on ‘Dancing With The Stars’ as she remembered her time with the late actor.

I remember going to see Dirty Dancing four times when it came out, have always been a massive fan of the film, I was gutted when I heard they weren't the best of friends whilst Dirty Dancing was being filmed.