Options

Android tablet giving trouble with Sky Go but no other streaming service

pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
Forum Member
Something odd is going on with my Lenovo tablet, running Android 5.x. I have SkyGo and the app installed, but a few weeks ago I couldn't get on. I rang Sky and was told they had an issue with streaming to tablets and were working on it. (They didn't specify whether IOS or Android or both.)

Eventually, a few days later I was able to watch Sky on the tablet, but after about ten or 15 minutes the screen would scramble all green and I couldn't see anything. This has happened every time I watch sport. I don't know about other Sky services because on the tablet I only watch the sport.

At first I suspected it was a fault with the tablet video chip, but then it occurred to me that I have not had any trouble whatsoever watching iPlayer, CoD4, ITV, Amazon or Netflix on the tablet. And surely if it were a hardware fault I would. Anyone else had similar trouble or who might suggest what could be going on?

Comments

• Options
    TheSlothTheSloth Posts: 18,887
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sky Go has been problematic for some tine with certain hardware/OS combos. The usual cure is to firstly clear it from your Recents list and try again or failing that go into Settings, Apps and Clear Data for Sky Go. One day, one of Sky's stability/bug fix updates (they keep trying bless 'em) will improve things!
  • Options
    goldenfacegoldenface Posts: 1,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I tried to steam Sky Go last night and it wouldn't work either. I'm using an Android Xperia Z3 Tablet. Couldn't get anything to begin streaming at all. Running Android 7.0.
  • Options
    pfgpowellpfgpowell Posts: 5,347
    Forum Member
    goldenface wrote: »
    I tried to steam Sky Go last night and it wouldn't work either. I'm using an Android Xperia Z3 Tablet. Couldn't get anything to begin streaming at all. Running Android 7.0.

I do think it's a Sky issue, because, as I said, I have had no trouble at all with iPlayer, C4, ITV, Amazon or Netflix. Have you tried whether they work OK? I did follow advice given above and cleared data, but I haven't really used the Sky app for very long since then, so I don't know whether that will help solve it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    pfgpowell wrote: »
    Something odd is going on with my Lenovo tablet, running Android 5.x. I have SkyGo and the app installed, but a few weeks ago I couldn't get on. I rang Sky and was told they had an issue with streaming to tablets and were working on it. (They didn't specify whether IOS or Android or both.)

Eventually, a few days later I was able to watch Sky on the tablet, but after about ten or 15 minutes the screen would scramble all green and I couldn't see anything. This has happened every time I watch sport. I don't know about other Sky services because on the tablet I only watch the sport.

At first I suspected it was a fault with the tablet video chip, but then it occurred to me that I have not had any trouble whatsoever watching iPlayer, CoD4, ITV, Amazon or Netflix on the tablet. And surely if it were a hardware fault I would. Anyone else had similar trouble or who might suggest what could be going on?

Have seen a few reports with green screen on some Lenovo tablets recently.
    What lenovo tablet is that?
    What is the exact Android version?
    What version of sky go are you using?
    Sky are aware of this problem, but not seen much of it, anything you can supply will help them to resolve, I will pass on to them..