Options

House taken off UK Netflix?

stu64stu64 Posts: 5,273
Forum Member
We have been binge watching House over Christmas and made it to season 3 but come New Years Day we could not find it anywhere.

Looking around on Twitter lots of people also saying the same thing, so it seems it has been taken off Netflix over here, yet it is still on the US one.

Anyone have a idea if it will be back any time soon?

Comments

• Options
    David_Flett1David_Flett1 Posts: 9,309
    Forum Member
    stu64 wrote: »
    We have been binge watching House over Christmas and made it to season 3 but come New Years Day we could not find it anywhere.

Looking around on Twitter lots of people also saying the same thing, so it seems it has been taken off Netflix over here, yet it is still on the US one.

I'm surprised you didn't notice the message at the top of the screen when you begin watching House as it informs you that House was leaving on January 1st. We had watched almost seven seasons when I first noticed the message during the penultimate episode of season 7. So I binge watched all of season 8 over the last ten days although to be honest and I hate to put you off I was glad it ended as season seven and eight had very few highlights. I actually fast forwarded through most of season eight and only watched the last 3 episodes in full. I can't be certain but I belive that House is available on SKY which you can pick up an entertainment pass for very little. Maybe someone with SKY can confirm it is still available and if also on NOW TV.
  • Options
    malcy30malcy30 Posts: 7,174
    Forum Member
    All 8 seasons of House leave the NowTV entertainment pass TOMORROW.
    Not sure if it will still be on Sky.
  • Options
    PenicilinaPenicilina Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    Charmed was taken off too and I never noticed any message about it leaving. Bit annoying as we only had one season left to watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    malcy30 wrote: »
    All 8 seasons of House leave the NowTV entertainment pass TOMORROW.
    Not sure if it will still be on Sky.

So glad I saw the messages and caught the end as I had been watching it all year. I did think about not rushing through season 8 and getting an entertainment pass for Now TV so just as well I did rush through it.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Penicilina wrote: »
    Charmed was taken off too and I never noticed any message about it leaving. Bit annoying as we only had one season left to watch.

Yes Charmed was taken off and I was halfway though the final season to.
    I had seen Charmed before but there was some from the final season that I had missed the first time round and have still not seem them episodes from the final season.
    Netflix do put a message up to say a programme will be removed soon but once in a while a programme just seems to go off Netflix with very little or no warning at all.
    I'm still waiting to see when season 7 of Heartland will come to Netflix as I just finished watching season 4. Only 6 seasons have been on Netflix for well over a year now and I know season 10 of Heartland started in Canada just a few weeks ago.

Darren
  • Options
    albundy73albundy73 Posts: 2,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Netflix should include the licence expiry date of all shows like sky do. At least then you know how long you have to watch something before it ends.
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    albundy73 wrote: »
    Netflix should include the licence expiry date of all shows like sky do. At least then you know how long you have to watch something before it ends.

I do agree with you there. BT used to do that as well when they had there BT Film and TV Box Set service before they closed the service over a year ago.

Darren
  • Options
    steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    I have season 8 left to watch, tbh getting v bored with it but Netflix should let you know - maybe 3 days notice per episode so a 24ep season you'd get 2ish months to watch it all in time... I had no idea it had left, no alert or anything

Guess I'll watch it on sky go or freeview or some other way
  • Options
    Forum Member
    steveOooo wrote: »
    I have season 8 left to watch, tbh getting v bored with it but Netflix should let you know - maybe 3 days notice per episode so a 24ep season you'd get 2ish months to watch it all in time... I had no idea it had left, no alert or anything

Guess I'll watch it on sky go or freeview or some other way

Someone replied earlier that it was leaving Sky too...

If I am being honest you haven't missed much in season 8. I wish they had ended after season 6.
  • Options
    steveOooosteveOooo Posts: 5,002
    Forum Member
    Much like the office USA season 8 which I stopped watching after 2-3 eps, absolute garbage.

The yanks really do love quantity over quality. (6 British episodes please lol)
  • Options
    gwynnegwynne Posts: 721
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stu64 wrote: »

Similar thing on Now tv!
    They removed all 24 seasons 1 to 8 on Ist Jan 2017!
    We were half way through S5!
    Guess it will have to be DVD 's to finish off the series.