Options

Children In Need 7.30PM BBC 1 Thread

Comments

• Options
    Old EndeavourOld Endeavour Posts: 9,852
    Forum Member
    Ah of course, the old don't criticise shit as long as it's for charity.

Exactly! If it's crap, it's crap - The excuse "Oh it's for charity" shouldn't make any difference.
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Time to press mute.
  • Options
    StuntyStunty Posts: 45,699
    Forum Member
    Watched this for the past hour or so and it is pretty dire.

They seem to have run out of celebs and it is like a party that most of the interesting guests have already left for home.

It seems flat and the daft games that Grimshaw is babbling on about are hardly entertaining.

I believe in the cause but the BBC are failing this year with lacklustre output ....... perhaps the first five hours of the production were better?? :confused:
  • Options
    Retro-bRetro-b Posts: 95
    Forum Member
    Loving this song. Don't think much of the lyrics though.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2013 (01.21): £28,871,483
    2014 (00.49): £29,581,133
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    Retro-b wrote: »
    Loving this song. Don't think much of the lyrics though.

I know. Who is going to be stealing their girl? She is a gold digging...
  • Options
    SexbombSexbomb Posts: 20,005
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    £29.5 million raised so far, nearly at last years total.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Ah of course, the old don't criticise shit as long as it's for charity.

You misunderstood my post - I agree that tonight has mainly been shite, I just haven't seen much reference on this thread to the actual causes being supported.

That's all.
  • Options
    fanstar77fanstar77 Posts: 417
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    2013 (01.21): £28,871,483
    2014 (00.49): £29,581,133

Is your first name Elmer? Is it charity season?
  • Options
    bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Layzeegoat wrote: »
    Give the poor woman a break. She paid a heavy price - and then some - for her ill-judged behaviour on CBB (including a nervous breakdown, I believe). Shilpa was able to forgive, so I think everyone else should. What's nasty is people continuing to rip into someone who made a mistake many years ago and is now trying to re-build her life. Come on - we all make mistakes and we all live and learn from them. Forgiveness is a wonderful thing. Bitterness and resentment are not. Are you so perfect yourself?

Saint Jade was forgiven so was that silly bint Danielle.
  • Options
    BelfastGuy125BelfastGuy125 Posts: 7,515
    Forum Member
    MissDior wrote: »
    You misunderstood my post - I agree that tonight has mainly been shite, I just haven't seen much reference on this thread to the actual causes being supported.

That's all.

Yeah and that's all nice but its all warm apple pie and fuzzy kittens. Charity will always get support and no one will disagree with it so what more can be said really? It's a given.

Plus any decent forum doesn't have threads full of post after post of "aww three cheers for those amazing people WOOOOWWW". That is sick inducing.
  • Options
    CupidStunt2010CupidStunt2010 Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She doesn't usually sound like that - she sounds like she has a cold.

And authentic pop is an equally rose tinted concept. The Beatles were a manufactured band - just as S Club or Hearsay were. They just wrote, duller, songs themselves - which may have less longevity because unlike Queen, Abba, the Spice Girls and S Club, people don't often dance to it.

you are so wrong about the beatles lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Exactly! If it's crap, it's crap - The excuse "Oh it's for charity" shouldn't make any difference.

Quite ...... they wheel out every failing celeb in the country who is trying to resurrect their careers.

The only person getting excited about Wand Direction :p is Grimmy, who is merely a noise on the tv, doesn't hold your attention ,talks drivel, and isn't able to read autocue.

However the children's stories are so sad but inspirational.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    An S Club 7 quiz ...... great.

They are making a comeback, I presume!!
  • Options
    RandysbackRandysback Posts: 3,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hear-by pledge to give £1000 to children in need `IF` Tess Daly leaves television for ever!!
  • Options
    DangerBrotherDangerBrother Posts: 1,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tina Barret is very sexy... Blimey she's nearly 40.
  • Options
    Billy_ValueBilly_Value Posts: 22,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    so wheres the entertainment tonight for the older generation
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 157
    Forum Member
    Yeah and that's all nice but its all warm apple pie and fuzzy kittens. Charity will always get support and no one will disagree with it so what more can be said really? It's a given.

Plus any decent forum doesn't have threads full of post after post of "aww three cheers for those amazing people WOOOOWWW". That is sick inducing.

No, those people ARE amazing. I just hope life doesn't bite your arse.

Goodnight.
  • Options
    IJoinedInMayIJoinedInMay Posts: 26,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    Watched this for the past hour or so and it is pretty dire.

They seem to have run out of celebs and it is like a party that most of the interesting guests have already left for home.

It seems flat and the daft games that Grimshaw is babbling on about are hardly entertaining.

I believe in the cause but the BBC are failing this year with lacklustre output ....... perhaps the first five hours of the production were better?? :confused:

The last hour has just been a rehash of last year's Battle Of The Boybands although whilst last year was something new before quickly becoming uninteresting; this year hasn't even got that going for it.
  • Options
    doormouse1doormouse1 Posts: 5,431
    Forum Member
    MissDior wrote: »
    No, those people ARE amazing. I just hope life doesn't bite your arse.

Goodnight.

Well said.
    I wonder how many of the armchair critics on here put their hands into their pockets tonight.
  • Options
    rmc57rmc57 Posts: 876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shouldn't this juvenile fiasco be transferred to BBC3 as long as that channel survives? I have many happy memories of the often silly, often chaotic but always fun CiN full of genuinely surprise guests who were prepared to help with the fun and not just promote themselves.

Yes it's all for charity but it's reached new lows in the past few years. Everyone just seems to be going through the motions in what is now a polished, sterile onslaught of shallowness and fake insincerity. Can we have entertainers rather than 'celebrities' please? As for Wogan's guest presenters, no wonder he's wandering along in a world of his own. The BBC excels in so many areas - then employs Tess Daly, Fearne Cotton, and Rochelle.

Oh, and there are people out there who cannot stand East Enders.

It's not about being an armchair critic. I've made TV programmes myself in the past. I've donated and support the cause but it's poorly-served by this and the recent woeful offerings. CiN CAN be so much better, and was for decades. Why not now?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when is this programme on?
  • Options
    Fibromite59Fibromite59 Posts: 22,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't usually sound like that - she sounds like she has a cold.

And authentic pop is an equally rose tinted concept. The Beatles were a manufactured band - just as S Club or Hearsay were. They just wrote, duller, songs themselves - which may have less longevity because unlike Queen, Abba, the Spice Girls and S Club, people don't often dance to it.

In no way at all could the Beatles be called a manufactured band. You obviously know nothing about the history of the Beatles. Their songs are still well known after 50+ years and they are all so different, unlike Abba where all their songs merge into one. You mention Queen who are a fantastic talent and them and the Beatles should not be in the same paragraph as the likes of Abba.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    why no dancing newsreaders anymore
  • Options
    randy toksvigrandy toksvig Posts: 275
    Forum Member
    The last hour has just been a rehash of last year's Battle Of The Boybands although whilst last year was something new before quickly becoming uninteresting; this year hasn't even got that going for it.

The whole show has been a rehash of last year.