ITV tour de France coverage 2014

Captain Peac0ckCaptain Peac0ck Posts: 67
Forum Member
So far so bad. Ads every 5 mins, pictures breaking up, amateurish presenting. Was looking forward to this, totally put off now.

Comments

• SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Lots of criticism on twitter. People are switching to Eurosport:

Leigh Holmwood ‏@LeighHolmwood 24m
    ITV's #TDF2014 coverage on a par with the BBC's jubilee flotilla with nonsense like interviewing these newlyweds. Have switched to Eurosport
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let's be honest.......Eurosport cover cycling for the whole season day in , day out......

ITV cherry pick the odd race

Obviously Eurosport are better at it.......
  • SamuelWSamuelW Posts: 8,447
    Forum Member
    Itv cant get to their main commentators for the start of the race! The pictures are breaking up all the time. This is a shambles.
  • Jason CJason C Posts: 31,283
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dreadful amounts of picture break-up.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV for casual viewers and Eurosport for cycling fans, Not hard. Is the picture break up showing up on Eurosport too or not?
  • Jingle_JamesJingle_James Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Eurosports coverage will always be better. But regarding the footage, both ITV and Eurosport share the same feed, so it's out of their control.
  • hyperstarspongehyperstarsponge Posts: 16,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn it, ITV4 and ITV have adverts on the same time :(
  • swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    ITV for casual viewers and Eurosport for cycling fans, Not hard. Is the picture break up showing up on Eurosport too or not?

yes........it's obviously the feed breaking up
  • Alex2606Alex2606 Posts: 2,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Massive overreaction as always.......Eurosport had problems when they first tried to go their commentators Jon Harris-Bass had to keep filling in from Paris and they had exactly the same picture problems because they come from the only feed that's provided by French television.
  • AftershowAftershow Posts: 10,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Over to Eurosport for me, can't take any more of ITVs adverts
  • hugonhugon Posts: 1,690
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Take time to enjoy the race instead of moaning about it on the Internet.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 348
    Forum Member
    swingaleg wrote: »
    yes........it's obviously the feed breaking up

Yeah but if it had been on the BBC, the break up would have been much, much better.............
  • Jamesp84Jamesp84 Posts: 31,176
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SamuelW wrote: »
    Itv cant get to their main commentators for the start of the race! The pictures are breaking up all the time. This is a shambles.

Eurosport are having the same issues. Why don't you criticise them?

Pathetic agenda.
  • ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    HGWell wrote: »
    Yeah but if it had been on the BBC, the break up would have been much, much better.............

You get a better class of technical problems on the BBC:D
  • Captain Peac0ckCaptain Peac0ck Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    hugon wrote: »
    Take time to enjoy the race instead of moaning about it on the Internet.

Plenty of time during the breaks and the little features that follow them. Was waiting to see Pool in Wharfedale but never mind! Not everyone can get Eurosport so are stuck with this piss-poor effort.
  • ToneXIRToneXIR Posts: 3,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry itv moaners, TDF coverage on ITV is excellent, from Imlaculate Gary, through to Ned, Matt and Boarders, their coverage is used on the worldwide DVD releases, have been for the last 20 odd years, Sherwen & Liggett broadcasting to the world feed, not ITV specifically but to NBC,SBS,and many others. Eurosport's coverage is good, but is pan-european so doesn't seem personal to me, the only thing is the end of the race and who gets to scrape Carlton off the ceiling, and will he call Sean, Matt! Bring on Kenny Van Valmick, Germaliod Schellpers Rule!
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose some of the newbies who only watch cycling at the Olympics are confused like Samuel but it's the same presentation that has been winning awards since 2002
  • GeorgeSGeorgeS Posts: 20,039
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    You get a better class of technical problems on the BBC:D

and you'd have Gary Linekar or Clare Balding bluffing it
  • jrmswfcjrmswfc Posts: 5,644
    Forum Member
    Switched to Eurosport when ITV broke away from the race to interview some geeks who'd been sat since 4am. Nobody cares.
  • Captain Peac0ckCaptain Peac0ck Posts: 67
    Forum Member
    Just show the effing race ITV.
  • CoenCoen Posts: 5,711
    Forum Member
    Getting in to some decent scenery now!
  • AdysgAdysg Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    I expected a thread like this from folk that have never watched the tdf or infact any cycling road race! The general critisism on twitter that Samuel refers to is along the lines of "ITV sort your cameras out" :D

The tdf is broadcast LIVE in 80+ countries... How dumb can some ppl be to think each of them broadcasters take along their own cameras ?

Picture breakup is part and parcel of any cycling road race I remember simmilar comments made by the cycling novices that watched the road races at the London olympics... And that was on the dear ol'beeb!
  • H of De VilH of De Vil Posts: 26,539
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wouldn't pay any attention to Samuel, he hates ITV (why?) so much if one of the commentators had their shoelace undone he would critisise.

Presently the picture is fine
  • Mark CMark C Posts: 20,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adysg wrote: »
    I expected a thread like this from folk that have never watched the tdf or infact any cycling road race! The general critisism on twitter that Samuel refers to is along the lines of "ITV sort your cameras out" :D

The tdf is broadcast LIVE in 80+ countries... How dumb can some ppl be to think each of them broadcasters take along their own cameras ?

Picture breakup is part and parcel of any cycling road race I remember simmilar comments made by the cycling novices that watched the road races at the London olympics... And that was on the dear ol'beeb!

Actually no, the London 2012 cycling coverage was provided by OBS, who I think contracted in The Netherlands' NOS to provide the coverage
  • stv viewerstv viewer Posts: 17,549
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think each olympic broadcaster produces 1 event for the OBS