Comments

• FlannoFlanno Posts: 1,427
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    With that infamous attitude & loud gob of hers, I fear that Jackie-ie-iey won't last long in any job she gets. That's for sure!
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disgusting woman, I wouldn't employ her.
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had to look up who this woman was and it's the mother of the tragic Jade Goodey. Fair play to Jackiey, she kept her head down after Jade died and is largely forgotten now.
  • GoatyGoaty Posts: 7,776
    Forum Member
    She never a celeb! Full stop!
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She is the reason that Jade was such a mess, she gave her a horrific childhood. One surrounded by drug takers and then having to be a carer for her mother. And then having to make sure that she had money, having to worry about her before she died, knowing she depended on Jade's money and making sure her sons were safe from her family.

She also beat Jade badly, she has been dependent on Jade, since she was 12 years old and Jade got very little from her. Child beaters should not be celebs. Her words are really said...she missing Jade, because Jade would know what to do. And a child beating, drug addict should not be looking after children.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Flanno wrote: »
    With that infamous attitude & loud gob of hers, I fear that Jackie-ie-iey won't last long in any job she gets. That's for sure!

Sadly it is Jackiey learning disabilities that will impact her job prospects. Employers can & do employ folks with physical disability akin to that Jackiey has but add on her learning issues it restricts the opportunities massively. In fact with the introduction of minimum wage the job opportunities for folks with learning difficulties shrank right back. Individuals who had held jobs for years found themselves unemployable as they were unable to produce output to the level required.
  • Blondie XBlondie X Posts: 28,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I bet she hates the fact Jeff won't allow her to flog stories and photo shoots of the kids as I'm sure she would have seen them as her meal ticket after Jade's death
  • artlesschaosartlesschaos Posts: 11,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    Sadly it is Jackiey learning disabilities that will impact her job prospects. Employers can & do employ folks with physical disability akin to that Jackiey has but add on her learning issues it restricts the opportunities massively. In fact with the introduction of minimum wage the job opportunities for folks with learning difficulties shrank right back. Individuals who had held jobs for years found themselves unemployable as they were unable to produce output to the level required.

She is uneducated, not stupid. She is wily enough to know how to make a quid even if she doesn't have the sense to keep it.
  • waz101waz101 Posts: 1,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    In the 1970's an Employer would have had an incentive to employ a disabled person, in the 1980's this was abolished.

Under the Labour government it was made illegal to discriminate against disabled people, but how can someone with one arm even make a sandwich?

So all of the haters should remember that their Pret-a-Mangers are almost certainly being prepared by people with HIV, Hep B + C and TB. Plus MRSA & C.DIFF for good measure. Enjoy!
  • Sweaty Job RotSweaty Job Rot Posts: 2,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aurora13 wrote: »

Excuses,excuses,excuses 😡

Pond life like her deserve NO sympathy, everything about her just screams feckless layabout.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    waz101 wrote: »
    In the 1970's an Employer would have had an incentive to employ a disabled person, in the 1980's this was abolished.

Under the Labour government it was made illegal to discriminate against disabled people, but how can someone with one arm even make a sandwich?

So all of the haters should remember that their Pret-a-Mangers are almost certainly being prepared by people with HIV, Hep B + C and TB. Plus MRSA & C.DIFF for good measure. Enjoy!

Utter rubbish, and please do stop using the term 'haters' it's very chavvy.

People with only one arm are able to make sarnies, cook and keep house, hell they can even use cash machines and drive and I know it's not that widely known but many disabled people without the use of certain limbs can even enjoy a good old shag so don't sterotype.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Utter rubbish, and please do stop using the term 'haters' it's very chavvy.

People with only one arm are able to make sarnies, cook and keep house, hell they can even use cash machines and drive and I know it's not that widely known but many disabled people without the use of certain limbs can even enjoy a good old shag so don't sterotype.

OK, Simple rule is that she's unlikely to be as productive as an able bodied person, so lumbering whatever company with a huge additional expense.

Invalidity (Incapacity benefit ) was brought cover this cost of this to employers. As an employer I couldn't conceive employing a disabled person. I'd be broke in a few years
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK, Simple rule is that she's unlikely to be as productive as an able bodied person, so lumbering whatever company with a huge additional expense.

Invalidity (Incapacity benefit ) was brought cover this cost of this to employers. As an employer I couldn't conceive employing a disabled person. I'd be broke in a few years

You do know that the last line in your post is actually slanderous and could open you up to liable action from Pret a Manger as you have posted a sentence that could hurt said business both in terms of negative publicity and financially I'd get the post removed if I were in your shoes.
  • Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member

2 Michelin starred chef Michael Cairns seems to do okay http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2718881/The-day-changed-life-Michael-Caines-The-two-Michelin-starred-chef-45-horrific-car-accident-left-one-arm.html

Oh, and I don't think Pret-a-Manger, or indeed their staff, would be too chuffed with your last sentence BTW - and as you can't catch any of those through sandwich transfer it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.
  • BelaBela Posts: 2,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sounds like you're the one with the 'disability'. It's called ignorance.

Those with a disability have a hard enough time as it is without truly moronic and offensive generalisations like yours.
  • Blue Eyed ladyBlue Eyed lady Posts: 6,007
    Forum Member

:o How disheartening.

Can I ask if you'd employ someone who had mild/moderate special needs but were perfectly able to do the job you were employing them for?
  • milliejomilliejo Posts: 2,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Disabled people are having their benefits slashed, their Living Allowence taken away.
    They are being bullied into work, told they are fit for work, while people like Waz admit that they wouldn't employ a disabled person, which means they get their benefits cut but can't get a job, therefore they are trapped into poverty.
    Those that do work, (I have worked with several disabled people.) are finding that with the cuts to DLA, that they can't afford to get to work and are being forced into isolation.
  • Leanne_Blake1Leanne_Blake1 Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't see employers lining up to give Jackiey-ey-ey a job somehow.
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excuses,excuses,excuses ��

Pond life like her deserve NO sympathy, everything about her just screams feckless layabout.

Look I'm not a cheerleader for Jackiey. Far from it. All I am pointing out is that chances of a job are very much reduced due to her learning issues. There is far less stigma attached to physical disability and technology has enabled folks to do a range of jobs. It is not the case for learning difficulties where in fact employment opportunities have deteriorated since 1970's. Employers took on and paid in relation to their output. If someone could only do 50% of the job they could be paid accordingly. That is no longer possible so employers just don't take on folks unable to do a full job. Think Sam in Emmerdale. His employment is actually unrealistic other than in family business where they employ their own.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 609
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    well quite obviously she sold the story for being £1k in debt to the paper...probably for about oh say £1k?
  • i4ui4u Posts: 54,983
    Forum Member
    Does she still have an agent or did this story appear by chance?

Something doesn't add up...18 months ago this was being reported?
    'She would be heartbroken': Jade Goody's estate 'wiped out by tax bill leaving her young sons with NOTHING'

But since then the mother has received £20,000 on top of her benefits and spent it in 18 months?

Maybe she spent the £20K on new teeth a year ago.
  • britchick_99702britchick_99702 Posts: 371
    Forum Member

Michael Caines is a Michelin starred chef who has a prosthetic arm-never stopped him from striving to be the best he can be!
  • britchick_99702britchick_99702 Posts: 371
    Forum Member
    2 Michelin starred chef Michael Cairns seems to do okay http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2718881/The-day-changed-life-Michael-Caines-The-two-Michelin-starred-chef-45-horrific-car-accident-left-one-arm.html

Oh, and I don't think Pret-a-Manger, or indeed their staff, would be too chuffed with your last sentence BTW - and as you can't catch any of those through sandwich transfer it wouldn't bother me in the slightest.

We were obviously thinking alike Agent Krycek:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    milliejo wrote: »
    Disabled people are having their benefits slashed, their Living Allowence taken away.
    They are being bullied into work, told they are fit for work, while people like Waz admit that they wouldn't employ a disabled person, which means they get their benefits cut but can't get a job, therefore they are trapped into poverty.
    Those that do work, (I have worked with several disabled people.) are finding that with the cuts to DLA, that they can't afford to get to work and are being forced into isolation.

Kind of my point! 70% of the welfare budget is paid to pensioners, saving a few quid not paying a woman near pension age with one arm is hugely pointless.

I'm sorry if I offended any disabled people I'm sorry, and I am aware that most blood borne infections cannot be spread on sandwiches. However C.Diff & Norovirus which people with weakened immune systems can be vulnerable to can spread both viruses easily. They are the people that the coalition are trying to return to the work force, People with Cancer & HIV.

If anyone wants to scan back through my previous posts you'd probably notice that I'm HIV+ myself, and I have 'odd moments' I wouldn't dream of cooking for myself or anyone else.

The government are wasting huge sums persecuting people who can't possibly work, I include Jackiey in that
  • slappers r usslappers r us Posts: 56,131
    Forum Member

Since losing the use of one of my arms at the age of three I find it easy to make a sandwich
    I have also worked from the age of 15
    having the use of only one arm has not stopped me from working, bringing three children up or making a good life for myself