Twiggy ... something not quite right there

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
Forum Member
✭✭
I actually quite like Tiwggy in the M & S but I caught her show last night and have to admit she wasn't exactly exuding warmth

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Actually ignore this, its a stoopid thread, I 'm preggers and bored and feeling a bit blearghh. The show was ok if not a tad thrown together. I wonder if it will take off though
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    Actually ignore this, its a stoopid thread, I 'm preggers and bored and feeling a bit blearghh. The show was ok if not a tad thrown together. I wonder if it will take off though

a friend of mine has worked with her and apparantly she is nothing but nice.

The show is awful though
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GirlieQ wrote: »

The show is awful though

That's probably it! I'm juding the woman on something that isn't her fault, clothes swapping doesn't make good TV lol
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She always seems nice to me, not homophobic either!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Check_it wrote: »
    She always seems nice to me, not homophobic either!

What's that got to do with it?

Anyway, I think the contributors pulled the show down a bit they were all a bit odd and nervy and they made the prog look a bit cheap and homemade - with the exception of one girl at the end
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone see British Style Genius?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 598
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just saying.....
  • SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Any programme which employs Lauren Laverne is enough to make me switch off.....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Check_it wrote: »
    Just saying.....

Fair enough, wasn't jumping down your throat just that I think that some people on here think that about me and I still get a bit sensitive about it. Anyway ... :)
  • Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    SHe's great in the M&S ads with guess who?
  • DingDangDooDingDangDoo Posts: 330
    Forum Member

Kerry Katona?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Or the ubiquitous Myleeene praps? Just kidding I think she's awright.

I watched the series. The one on Tuesday seemed a bit shambolic - talk about slap dash. The people they featured looked a bit care in the community. There was one woman with a platinum blonde afro :eek: some loon in the most hideous frocks ever and the girl in the tartan looked a fright but the one in the grey cloth (sorry dress) was pretty but obviously nervous. Great hair though (i'd do her). Calm down Bevs :D
    All in all, i'm blabbering on. See what next week has to offer :yawn:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can't remember her name - haven't seen much of her recently. :p
  • Imogen MImogen M Posts: 4,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Twiggy. It's just the programme that was bad.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The programme is a bit cobbled together - much like the outfits!!

And an hour timeslot is far too long.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    The programme is a bit cobbled together - much like the outfits!!

And an hour timeslot is far too long.

Agreed! An hour is way too long for what is in effect a free jumble sale
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sloopy wrote: »
    Any programme which employs Lauren Laverne is enough to make me switch off.....

Glad I'm not the only one.
  • Dancing GirlDancing Girl Posts: 8,209
    Forum Member
    Imogen M wrote: »
    I like Twiggy. It's just the programme that was bad.

I didn't watch this particular programme but remember Twiggy when she took over from Fern on This Morning. She was working with Coleen Nolan and it was a disaster. Some celebs have to be realistic and admit when they are not good at something. With Twiggy it is singing,(she can dance and is not a bad actress) and TV presenting but I think TV Presenting is an art in itself, although it looks easy, it is not!!
  • OlgaChristieOlgaChristie Posts: 15,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I didn't watch this particular programme but remember Twiggy when she took over from Fern on This Morning. She was working with Coleen Nolan and it was a disaster. Some celebs have to be realistic and admit when they are not good at something. With Twiggy it is singing,(she can dance and is not a bad actress) and TV presenting but I think TV Presenting is an art in itself, although it looks easy, it is not!!

I remember those two and how bad they were..........so bad in fact they even bought back John Leslie :eek::rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

That was hellish! I don't know why they thought those two would make a good presenting team.

The word behind the scenes was that they begged people not to crack a joke in case it set off Twiggy's foghorn laugh. :eek::D
  • SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iv'e seen a picture of Twiggy that was taken with her without make up and I was quite shocked. She looks quite old and haggard.
    She is another one who I get fed up with constantly in magazines saying how marvellous she looks for her age. You see I look at Twiggy and think like I do about Madonna for goodness sake look and dress your age.
    I can think of Women of Twiggy's age that look far better than she does and not trying to look like mutton dressed as lamb.
  • gv6lgv6l Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elizabeth Sladen (Sarah Jane from Doctor Who) is 60!!! I just found out today

http://www.buddytv.com/articles/Image/the-sarah-jane-adventures/elizabeth.jpg

she looks great as does Twiggy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GirlieQ wrote: »

The show is awful though

I`ve heard the same about her, that she`s very down to earth and a nice person..