My kitty has an inflamed bladder

wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,772
Forum Member
For the last few days, my cat has been struggling to wee and crying when she cleans her lower portions (to put it delicately:o). Anyway, she went to the vet this evening and he diagnosed an inflamed bladder and prescribed drops and tablets.

Does anyone know what causes it? She hasn't been put on antibiotics, so I don't think it's an infection. The vet did say that it might be caused by stress and there has been a stray cat coming into the garden recently.

If anybody has any advice, it'd be appreciated.:)

Comments

• tawetawe Posts: 570
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,772
    Forum Member
    Thanks. Looks like we'll have to cut down on the biscuits!
  • Blackjack DavyBlackjack Davy Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If they get pyruvite crystals in the bladder its always down to too much dry food. Have a higher proportion of wet food.

But listen to what your vet says (s)he should be advising you on this.
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,772
    Forum Member
    She went back to the vet this afternoon (for her annual vaccinations) and the vet on duty advised that we mix water in with her canned food. She's been a lot better since yesterday.

The odd thing is, she isn't mithering for biscuits like she usually does and after weighing her and finding out that she weighs 7 kgs, I think it's time for a strict diet!:eek:
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If you need to increase water intake on the whole have you thought of a water fountain, mine never used to drink that much when they had a bowl and I bought one and apart from playing with it they drink quite a bit more now as the water is fresher and overall it is healthier for them.