Dogs pads on feet are very sore.

i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,296
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Just had a look at our Dog and see that all her pads on her feet are very sore for some reason.

we have just treated her with some flea treatment on Thursday so not sure if that is the reason but it seems a bit strange that they are like they are.

it is hurting her as when my wife took her for walk a couple of hours ago she was walking very slowly.

we have not seen her biting them so what could be the reason?

she is under the PDSA so will get her to vets later but will they treat her for that under the PDSA?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,859
    Forum Member
    I would get her to the vet and until you do just leave her wander in and out of the garden to toilet I.e rest. I would say bath in luke warm salted water to soothe them or give a half a Piriton tablet but it is difficult to advise without knowing for sure. Have you done a lot of exercise with her recently? My boys pads looked sore a few years back after a very long, very hectic walk. Maybe she run through some nettles? Is she biting at them as well? It really is difficult to see and could be an allergic reaction so I think the vet is the best option. If you are registered with the PDSA then yes I wouldn't worry :) Please update us.
  • dollymariedollymarie Posts: 3,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My dogs paws got irritated by some heather growing on moorland a couple of years back. He started licking his paws like mad, and his paws swelled right up.

The vets gave us some anti-inflammatory medicine, and it took a few days of him being a right grumpy so and so but it cleared up in the end.
  • i love skyi love sky Posts: 3,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just got back from the vet and he said he thinks its because of the running about she does so gave her a anti inflammatory Jab and said it should go within a week but if they are still sore then to take her back after a week.