Options

Capital One Cock-up!

PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,299
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Recording was correctly set, box was in standby and I had no other recordings scheduled for the duration, so someone please explain how my recording of Man U vs Sunderland last night ended up as a twenty three minute recording of the build up programme labelled "Part Rec start missed. Recorded Wed 22 7.00pm 23mins", and didn't include any of the game!!

Comments

• Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    Recording was correctly set, box was in standby and I had no other recordings scheduled for the duration, so someone please explain how my recording of Man U vs Sunderland last night ended up as a twenty three minute recording of the build up programme labelled "Part Rec start missed. Recorded Wed 22 7.00pm 23mins", and didn't include any of the game!!
    That would have happened if the build-up and the game itself had been in the EPG as separate programmes, but presumably they weren't!
    Was the start (of the build-up) actually missed?
    :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What did you expect recording the COCup ? ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave-H wrote: »
    That would have happened if the build-up and the game itself had been in the EPG as separate programmes, but presumably they weren't!
    Was the start (of the build-up) actually missed?

Nope, I always have padding on auto and the recording kicked in approximately two minutes before the start of the programme as expected. The programme itself was originally in the epg as 7.00-10.00 but presumably the epg was updated to take account of the game going to extra time and then penalties so that it should have carried on recording past 10.00-it's the update which caused the problem.
  • Options
    Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,940
    Forum Member
    So the "start missed" was nonsense!
    As the EPG can't have been updated until the game went to a draw at full time, the whole thing is a bit of a mystery.
    I wonder if it happened to anyone else?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was my thought as well. I'm struggling to see how an update which would have taken place between approximately 9.40 and 10.00 could delete the bulk of a recording which began at 7.00. Also even if it HAD been two seperate epg entries which I had failed to spot and had only set the first one, the build up would be 7.00-7.30 and the match from 7.30-10.00, which would have resulted in a thirty three minute recording, not twenty three.
  • Options
    popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    Possible you had no signal so the box effectively timed-out and stopped recording?
    I say that because it sort of happened to me last year with an F1 practice session of SSF1. I had signal breakup and then no signal (Thanks to bad weather) and then it the recording stopped and never restarted.
  • Options
    davelovesleedsdavelovesleeds Posts: 22,632
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    That was my thought as well. I'm struggling to see how an update which would have taken place between approximately 9.40 and 10.00 could delete the bulk of a recording which began at 7.00. Also even if it HAD been two seperate epg entries which I had failed to spot and had only set the first one, the build up would be 7.00-7.30 and the match from 7.30-10.00, which would have resulted in a thirty three minute recording, not twenty three.

I recorded a programme some weeks ago and we had a brief power cut during the time it was been recorded. When I came to view it the recording before the power cut had gone and only the last 20 minutes so were there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That is standard behaviour if there's a power interruption during a recording I'm afraid.