Movies & Sports for £10

leejaxxinleejaxxin Posts: 83
Forum Member
Found this on skys website, I cant seem to get it to work.

I have Entertainment Extra+HD so that may be a reason or it's not live yet?

Let me know if it works or just re-directs

http://www.sky.com/shop/customer-shop/customer-offers/v3/

Comments

• mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    leejaxxin wrote: »
    Found this on skys website, I cant seem to get it to work.

I have Entertainment Extra+HD so that may be a reason or it's not live yet?

Let me know if it works or just re-directs

http://www.sky.com/shop/customer-shop/customer-offers/v3/

When I click on the offer and log in that particular offer dosen't appear in the offers section of My Sky.

I also have EE+ HD but my offers are 1 months free Sky Movies, 12 months free Broadband if I upgrade to Sky Sports and 3 months half price Sky Go Extra.

Perhaps it's just for certain customers :)
  • DragonQDragonQ Posts: 4,807
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's showing for me even though I have Sky Sports already. Well done Sky.
  • leejaxxinleejaxxin Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    mersey70 wrote: »
    When I click on the offer and log in that particular offer dosen't appear in the offers section of My Sky.

I also have EE+ HD but my offers are 1 months free Sky Movies, 12 months free Broadband if I upgrade to Sky Sports and 3 months half price Sky Go Extra.

Perhaps it's just for certain customers :)

Try logging in and then click the link?

When I do that it lets me click the offer but just reverts back to the standard broadband offers
  • mersey70mersey70 Posts: 5,049
    Forum Member
    leejaxxin wrote: »
    Try logging in and then click the link?

When I do that it lets me click the offer but just reverts back to the standard broadband offers

It just takes me to the page with the offers I mentioned in my previous post.

Edit:- I just refreshed the page. The offer now appears but like you when I click on it I just get presented with the offers I mentioned in my previous post.
  • sodafountainsodafountain Posts: 16,844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    T&C's at the bottom state available to names recipient only, so I expect it's on someone's account to get it.
  • happymonkeyhappymonkey Posts: 781
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hmmm?

I've can get 1 month of movies for £0.50?

It also mentions 12 months free Broadband? I already have Sports & Broadband Unlimited?

Gonna add the movies & see what happens? I can also see the offer for £10 for movies & sport? Not sure how that works?

*Figured it out! My broadband is £7.50 a month & the offer of free broadband for 12 months means Movies will be an extra £0.50 a month! I'll take that to be honest even tho I'll hardly watch the movie channels but for 50p I can't really say no ;-)*
  • the-masterthe-master Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This short term offers must present Sky with an excellent opportunity to get rid of people's legacy discounts left over from the old 6 packs. Because if you take such an ofer but then revert back to your old package (and do not keep the additional channels after the offer ends) then the legacy discounts are lost.
  • jammie82ukjammie82uk Posts: 264
    Forum Member
    Hmmm?

I've can get 1 month of movies for £0.50?

It also mentions 12 months free Broadband? I already have Sports & Broadband Unlimited?

Gonna add the movies & see what happens? I can also see the offer for £10 for movies & sport? Not sure how that works?

*Figured it out! My broadband is £7.50 a month & the offer of free broadband for 12 months means Movies will be an extra £0.50 a month! I'll take that to be honest even tho I'll hardly watch the movie channels but for 50p I can't really say no ;-)*

Not sure how you get it for 50p extra my offer says an extra £3.50 for movies and I like you already have sports and unlimited broadband
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jammie82uk wrote: »
    Not sure how you get it for 50p extra my offer says an extra £3.50 for movies and I like you already have sports and unlimited broadband

??? As I said from what I can see I now have 12 months free broadband after upgrading to Movies & that would've been £8 extra a month for Movies so without the £7.50 for broadband it's just 50p!

Do you have Sky Talk? Not sure if that makes a difference to your offer?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 358
    Forum Member
    All i'm offered is Hd for £5.25pm i already have EE+ So unless they made more un annouced changes why would i need it?
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All i'm offered is Hd for £5.25pm i already have EE+ So unless they made more un annouced changes why would i need it?

do you have sports and or movies already if so the £5.25 is to get them in HD as EE+ is the Entertainment HD part you need EE+ and the premium HD pack and sports and or movies to get Sports and or movies in HD now.
  • DWA9ISDWA9IS Posts: 10,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the-master wrote: »
    This short term offers must present Sky with an excellent opportunity to get rid of people's legacy discounts left over from the old 6 packs. Because if you take such an ofer but then revert back to your old package (and do not keep the additional channels after the offer ends) then the legacy discounts are lost.

I have EE at a legacy discount and I added a discounted HD pack last year for £5 extra for 12 months.
    Then I just got rid of that, earlier this month, changed to EE+ instead and I kept my legacy EE discount!
    I now I have EE+ at £28.50 per month thats £3.50 cheaper than normal EE+!
    Forum Member
    ??? As I said from what I can see I now have 12 months free broadband after upgrading to Movies & that would've been £8 extra a month for Movies so without the £7.50 for broadband it's just 50p!

Do you have Sky Talk? Not sure if that makes a difference to your offer?

Yeah I have everything except the movies I understand how you have worked it out it's just my offers states £3.50 extra a month

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/n6qsj3wny80dz9i/slYGwUIpmJ
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I have everything except the movies I understand how you have worked it out it's just my offers states £3.50 extra a month

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/n6qsj3wny80dz9i/slYGwUIpmJ

That is strange?

I'm sure upgrading to Movies is £8 extra a month for all Sports pack subscribers?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just got 12 months half price Hd sub and movies and sports for 12 months for £10 as the guy who rung me to make the latter offer hung up. Emailed Jeremy Darroch, got a callback full of apologies and I'm now paying slightly less than i was before for EE phone and fibre but now get sports and movies too ! Thanks Sky !
  • Matt35Matt35 Posts: 30,007
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky are doing an offer of movies for £10 for 12 months or movies and sports for £20 for 12 months. Was on a leaflet that came through the letterbox.
    Forum Member
    Matt35 wrote: »
    Sky are doing an offer of movies for £10 for 12 months or movies and sports for £20 for 12 months. Was on a leaflet that came through the letterbox.

I assume thats per month
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

likely area specific or customer specific ..
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I assume thats per month

Yes per month.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member

Any chance we can see a pic of the leaflet? Somehow?
  • JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    not on my account .. checked earlier. could be if you haven't got either i suppose ..
    Forum Member
    Only Just been able to look at my offers again after seeing this and it appears I'm being offered free sky movies instead of the £3.50 a month I was previously offered

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8utungz2gao37v/2014-03-02%2000.24.39.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69o6oovspll62kx/2014-03-02%2000.25.05.png
  • popeye13popeye13 Posts: 8,573
    Forum Member
    The only thing i got from Sky fre was the ondemand connector box, which i don't use because of the Sky 2TB box being wifi anyway.... Lucky gits :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »
    Any chance we can see a pic of the leaflet? Somehow?
    20140302_065421_zps8e246574.jpg
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only Just been able to look at my offers again after seeing this and it appears I'm being offered free sky movies instead of the £3.50 a month I was previously offered

https://www.dropbox.com/s/v8utungz2gao37v/2014-03-02%2000.24.39.png

https://www.dropbox.com/s/69o6oovspll62kx/2014-03-02%2000.25.05.png

Not my business but what ion earth do you get for £106 a month ?