Options

Titanfall

Comments

• Options
    fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    GAME will give you Titanfall for FREE at the midnight launch if you trade in 2 selected Xbox One games.

http://t.co/bcYrz34hdN
  • Options
    gdjman68wasdigigdjman68wasdigi Posts: 21,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i think its a bit poor that its a download code in the Titanfall bundle, i mean if it was my broadband, i may have got to play it by easter

would a disc and plastic box broken the bank??
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Deleted
  • Options
    itsashruberyitsashrubery Posts: 8,144
    Forum Member
    I would really love to purchase this game
    However I am dissapointed there is no single player option
    Not everyone wants to play multiplayer, some people like a single player experience that they can play at their own leisure and enjoy the game at their own pace and learn the game and its story.
    There should be no reason to completely leave out a single player option
    By doing so they are not only alienating those who love to play single player campaigns, but also surely they will knock the chances of more sales of their product
    The recent COD games, Battlefield games single player lazy development has probably resulted in this switch to concentrating on a multiplayer only game.

I hope those who purchase the game enjoy it
    I also hope this is a one off however in terms of taking away the single player shooter experience,
  • Options
    JokaiJokai Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    Are they gonna allow custom skins for ya Titan?

They could do it like Forza :-D
  • Options
    PinSarlaPinSarla Posts: 4,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Damnit, I bought a download code through Amazon and was hoping that they would send it out so I could pre-load, now I have to wait up past my bedtime to download over night :D

Edit: I thought the download was only supposed to be 20 something? Yet Origin tells me it is almost 50 and will take about 13 hours?!
  • Options
    Matt DMatt D Posts: 13,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Downloading now :)
    I would really love to purchase this game
    However I am dissapointed there is no single player option
    Not everyone wants to play multiplayer, some people like a single player experience that they can play at their own leisure and enjoy the game at their own pace and learn the game and its story.
    There should be no reason to completely leave out a single player option
    By doing so they are not only alienating those who love to play single player campaigns, but also surely they will knock the chances of more sales of their product
    The recent COD games, Battlefield games single player lazy development has probably resulted in this switch to concentrating on a multiplayer only game.

I hope those who purchase the game enjoy it
    I also hope this is a one off however in terms of taking away the single player shooter experience,

I'm glad it doesn't have a single player mode.

Just as I dislike it when story-driven single player games have pointless multiplayer modes tacked on, I don't see the need for a multiplayer game to have a single player mode tacked on.

Giving this a single player mode would have meant the game would have cost more to develop, if the multiplayer retained the same budget & the same resources, or they would have had to take part of the time and money that actually went on the multiplayer and used it on the single player instead. Neither is ideal.

... and then after having wasted money on a single player mode, it would probably have been trash like COD Ghosts and BF4's single player anyway.

PinSarla wrote: »
    Damnit, I bought a download code through Amazon and was hoping that they would send it out so I could pre-load, now I have to wait up past my bedtime to download over night :D

Edit: I thought the download was only supposed to be 20 something? Yet Origin tells me it is almost 50 and will take about 13 hours?!

The PC version is larger as it uses uncompressed audio compared to the console versions.
  • Options
    Premium-OnionPremium-Onion Posts: 3,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PinSarla wrote: »

It is 21GB. The 50GB that shows is the 21GB uncompressed.
  • Options
    Octopus_PrimeOctopus_Prime Posts: 851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Currently downloading it, sadly won't be playing it till I get up in the morning.
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    noone played it through the night then? lol

or you all did and are still sleeping now ha
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    Haven't picked it up yet.

Work away in the week, only got back late last night and practically crawled into bed.

Had to log on and give the appearance of working from home this morning but will be picking it up later and then caning it through the night.....! :D
  • Options
    circlebro2019circlebro2019 Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bester wrote: »
    Haven't picked it up yet.

Work away in the week, only got back late last night and practically crawled into bed.

Had to log on and give the appearance of working from home this morning but will be picking it up later and then caning it through the night.....! :D

guy at work came in with red eyes, had been playing till half 4 lol

i well wnt to play it but will have to wait and see how 360 version is, i just cant bring myself to spend 399 on a console yet. will get xbox one in September when new pro evo is released.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can't wait until the weekend to bash it!

Had a good game this morning... 11 pilot kills 1 death... although it was just down to total and complete luck.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    brb wrote: »
    Can't wait until the weekend to bash it!

Had a good game this morning... 11 pilot kills 1 death... although it was just down to total and complete luck.

One thing I have noticed with this game is it doesn't matter if I have an amazing game or a bad one, 15 pilot kills or 1, it feels the same. I honestly blame the grunts and spectres on that as I feel it devalues the pilot kills for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    I've just seen that this is a ridiculous £54.99 on the X1 store!:o I was tempted to buy it digitally for the pure convenience of not having to get up to put the disc in, but at that price i'm extremely glad that i opted for a physical copy and got it from Amazon for £37 instead. Digital downloads will never take off on consoles while they're charging those stupid prices. That's nearly a £20 difference purely for the convenience of saying "Xbox, go to Titanfall"...no thanks!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,123
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CJClarke wrote: »
    I've just seen that this is a ridiculous £54.99 on the X1 store!:o I was tempted to buy it digitally for the pure convenience of not having to get up to put the disc in, but at that price i'm extremely glad that i opted for a physical copy and got it from Amazon for £37 instead. Digital downloads will never take off on consoles while they're charging those stupid prices. That's nearly a £20 difference purely for the convenience of saying "Xbox, go to Titanfall"...no thanks!

I bought it on the US X1 store and it came to just under £37.21.
  • Options
    ixHellstormxixHellstormx Posts: 2,192
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Imagine is publishers decided to end disc production. I often wonder, if this was to happen, would the prices of 'digital downloads' come down to the same price or less than disc copies were. At the moment, the price for digital copies of AAA games are extortionate.

Digital downloads is supposed to be the future of gaming....not at these prices it isn't.
  • Options
    BesterBester Posts: 9,698
    Forum Member
    One thing I have noticed with this game is it doesn't matter if I have an amazing game or a bad one, 15 pilot kills or 1, it feels the same. I honestly blame the grunts and spectres on that as I feel it devalues the pilot kills for me.

Felt the same way during the beta - was hoping they'd up their 'intelligence' level for the full game.
  • Options
    brbbrb Posts: 27,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind grunts... you know, it makes it easy to get in to and enjoy. They should significantly increase spectre difficulty, though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The price is awful, but the pain can be reduced by buying cheap XBL credit. I get credit from CDKeys.com (£50 for just under £40) and know others who buy cheap credit from eBay.

Plus there's the option to buy from the US Store, if you don't mind using a fraudulent address... I think many people at DS are attending the University of Oregon? ;)

I blame the physical retailers...MS/Sony are afraid to anger them by offering cheap downloads, as they need them for hardware sales. Look at how MS initially put up a detailed page for X1 digital pre-ordering and pre-loading of Titanfall, only to pull it and claim it was a "mistake"... I'd bet that was due to retailers not being happy...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I played through the Militia side of the "Campaign" last night.

Just a mixture of Attrition and Hardpoint games, with added cutscenes and radio chatter. Still more fun than the Ghosts campaign, though! ;):D

Going to do the IMC one next, to get the other Titan chassis unlocked, and then I'll forget all about the Campaign and stick to "Classic".

Saw a wide range of player levels. Plenty of low-level players who'd obviously also only just got it, but also a lot of people in the 20s, 30s or even 40s. Not sure why anyone that highly ranked would bother going back to the Campaign, unless they actually jumped into Classic first and have only just gone to the Campaign after.

Something I noticed that I hadn't realised the Xbox One did before: The digital download was pre-patched! No need for the day-one patch to be downloaded and installed after the game. So much better than last gen when downloads would just be images of the original disc, unchanging.
  • Options
    OMTTOMTT Posts: 5,459
    Forum Member
    Sod it, going to swap my PS4 for a X1 and get this next week. Will get a PS4 again when The Order, Uncharted etc are available.

How easy is it to get into for a complete noob that has only played BF4 non stop for the last 4 months?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Easy. It is very friendly to new players and to people who aren't very good.

Even when you lose, it's still fun, plus the AI grunts mean that even inexperienced players can kill something.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Matt D wrote: »
    I played through the Militia side of the "Campaign" last night.

Just a mixture of Attrition and Hardpoint games, with added cutscenes and radio chatter. Still more fun than the Ghosts campaign, though! ;):D

Going to do the IMC one next, to get the other Titan chassis unlocked, and then I'll forget all about the Campaign and stick to "Classic".

Saw a wide range of player levels. Plenty of low-level players who'd obviously also only just got it, but also a lot of people in the 20s, 30s or even 40s. Not sure why anyone that highly ranked would bother going back to the Campaign, unless they actually jumped into Classic first and have only just gone to the Campaign after.

Something I noticed that I hadn't realised the Xbox One did before: The digital download was pre-patched! No need for the day-one patch to be downloaded and installed after the game. So much better than last gen when downloads would just be images of the original disc, unchanging.

I'm 2nd gen and only done about four of the campaign games lol.