Mammon More 4.

AdamskAdamsk Posts: 1,384
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Mammon will air on 17 on More 4 looks good kind of like The Killing and The Bridge.

http://www.standard.co.uk/lifestyle/london-life/mammon-tvs-latest-mustsee-scandi-thriller-9159793.html

Comments

• ilovewallanderilovewallander Posts: 41,935
    Forum Member
    Thanks for that! I was wondering when it would be shown, I'm looking forward to it.
  • AdamskAdamsk Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There been match talk about Salamander recently but Mammon on soon.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I saw a trailer for this at the weekend.
    I'll certainly be watching on Friday at 9pm.

http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4-acquires-norwegian-thriller-mammon
    Mammon follows six days in the life of uncompromising journalist, Peter Verås (Jon Øigarden), who works for Norway’s most respected newspaper. In a dense, multi-layered plot reminiscent of All The President’s Men, Verås uncovers evidence of a financial fraud involving Norway’s political and financial elite – evidence that points to his own brother.

Mammon is an intricate and compelling thriller about greed and the murky underbellies of finance, politics and journalism. It's about who and what you are willing to sacrifice for the big scoop, for power, for money. And it’s about fraternal bonds and what you will do to protect those you care about.
  • WoodentopWoodentop Posts: 3,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Looking forward to this. No real reason other than have felt so let down with the poor Salamander and Inspector De Luca on BBC4. Would have been interesting to see this in the same time slot on Saturday night.
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've seen The Killing, The Bridge, and Wallander, so I'm looking forward to this one. The Scandinavians really know how to do good police drama.
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    Woodentop wrote: »
    Looking forward to this. No real reason other than have felt so let down with the poor Salamander and Inspector De Luca on BBC4. Would have been interesting to see this in the same time slot on Saturday night.

So am I and this series got quite a good initial revue in Aftenposten (The Evening Post) which is Norway's equivalent of The Times: http://www.aftenposten.no/kultur/Solid-start-pa-seriearet-7419746.html#.UzSK9cDypCU

So far, the crime dramas have come from Sweden and Denmark but this one's from Norway and at least the language will be, like Swedish, clearly pronounced and comprehensible.
  • rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Starting tonight. Looking forward to this.
  • StrakerStraker Posts: 79,628
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well reviewed on The Wright Stuff this morning. Find it on Five`s godawful Demand 5 thing soon:

http://www.channel5.com/shows/the-wright-stuff/episodes/episode-60-65
  • elfcurryelfcurry Posts: 3,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    9pm reminder (bump)
  • TelevisionUserTelevisionUser Posts: 41,414
    Forum Member
    rbdcay wrote: »
    Starting tonight. Looking forward to this.
    elfcurry wrote: »
    9pm reminder (bump)

Yes, there's now less than 20 minutes to go before the start of Mammon. It requires a bit of readjustment because I'm so used to getting my fix of Scandinavian drama on a Saturday night!
  • allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Promising so far but not quite like our Swedish and Danish dramas which hooked me in straight from the start.
  • LolaSveltLolaSvelt Posts: 2,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well it was...ambitious. But I'll need to watch it again tomorrow because I dozed off. (Because I'm tired, not because I was bored.)
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Extraordinary ending to this first episode.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Extraordinary ending to this first episode.

Agree totally.

Watched it all again after the scales had fallen from mine eyes. Or am I being hoodwinked by all the biblical references.

Two questions come to mind -
    Why 3pm on that particular day. Hiding something and leaving co-ordinates is fine. But a time and date? That's assuming the lawyer is telling the truth and Daniel did leave the box before he killed himself.
    Who is Abraham.

I'm intrigued now.
  • davie1924davie1924 Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree totally.

Watched it all again after the scales had fallen from mine eyes. Or am I being hoodwinked by all the biblical references.

Two questions come to mind -
    Why 3pm on that particular day. Hiding something and leaving co-ordinates is fine. But a time and date? That's assuming the lawyer is telling the truth and Daniel did leave the box before he killed himself.
    Who is Abraham.

I'm intrigued now.

Didn't even consider that the lawyer had set it up. Makes perfect sense now!!
  • jammoon1jammoon1 Posts: 476
    Forum Member
    Much better start than Salamander and definitely a different ending to the first episode. Think I will record this in future though as the adverts were really annoying as it takes a while to settle into the subtitles, and by the time that happens the adverts are on again!>:(
  • BlueEyedMrsPBlueEyedMrsP Posts: 12,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Watched it on catch-up this morning. I liked it, intriguing so far.

Question: Was the man following Verbeke while she was jogging Daniel (Peter's brother)?
  • Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Had to get into this, and I liked it a lot, although I have to admit since The Bridge I am not a fan of Scandi drama.

I liked Salamander from Belgium, unlike some on the forum, although I am glad the beeb did 2 episodes at a time, I would probably have not lasted the full run waiting a week for only one episode at a time. I am still quite old fashioned about watching tv on its broadcast schedule, showing my age.

I was really disappointed in inspector Luca, being a big fan of Montalbano I expected much from it. Especially as I have started reading Italian crime fiction, couldn't resist when I found three Montalbano books in the summer and this format does appeal to my tastes in mystery drama.
  • tealadytealady Posts: 26,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Promising. I found the ad breaks very annoying, much easier to concentrate with subtitles if the programme is continuous.
    I obviously missed something with the trinket on Verbeke's laptop. Was it that it had moved or was it a reference to something that occurred earlier?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tealady wrote: »
    Promising. I found the ad breaks very annoying, much easier to concentrate with subtitles if the programme is continuous.
    I obviously missed something with the trinket on Verbeke's laptop. Was it that it had moved or was it a reference to something that occurred earlier?

The necklace had been moved whilst she was in the shower. She couldn't call for help because her boss had told her not to. Hence why she was upset. Does this mean the external HDD and her laptop had been nobbled in some way. Daniel wasn't Peter's source after all? He was set up.

I downloaded it from Ondemand. It still had breaks where the ads were but they were short promos, Similar to what Sky Atlantic do on their DLs. Anyone spot what the painting was on Vibeke's staircase? I don't think we got a clear shot of it.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    davie1924 wrote: »
    Didn't even consider that the lawyer had set it up. Makes perfect sense now!!

Peter has been present at two suicides by gunshots now. Be interesting how the cops view this. The box from his dead brother explanation will seem crazy?
  • Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Question: Was the man following Verbeke while she was jogging Daniel (Peter's brother)?

She looked quite "hot" in a "Nordic" sort of way.

My only memory of"real" Swedish women other than on TV, is a one time girlfriend of one of our sons and she was "never out of a cardigan."
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

The jogger is credited as Per Borge at the end. I think this must be Vibeke's jogger? They did look alike though. I wonder if Mr Borge is a well known face in Norway and so this question never came up when they viewed it.