blind dreams

trayhop123trayhop123 Posts: 886
Forum Member
✭✭
as part of another thread ,,,, i asked the following , and nobody could answer it ,,, so lets see if it can be answered in a thread of its own.

can a person who is " BORN " blind , dream ? ,,,,,, and if so what do they dream about , and what/how are the images made.

do we have in our dna , memories/images installed from our parents/ grandparents etc

Comments

• HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 11,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    deleted
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Im partialy sighted and dream with full sight which I did have at one time.

Not the answer to your question thou
  • ElyanElyan Posts: 8,781
    Forum Member
    I suggest the brain would only be able to produce visions that it has 'seen'.

My thoughts are that someone who has been completely blind since birth would only have auditory dreams. If they were having dreams with visions it would suggest something extraordinary.
  • CryolemonCryolemon Posts: 8,670
    Forum Member
    IIRC people who are born blind do still dream, but they dream without seeing things.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elyan yeah ,Mikie from BB said the same sort of thing about people he knew who had never had sight
  • Deb ArkleDeb Arkle Posts: 12,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    When I started wearing glasses I used to see the frames in my dreams. :D
  • trayhop123trayhop123 Posts: 886
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elyan wrote: »
    I suggest the brain would only be able to produce visions that it has 'seen'..

yes i would think that too , however it would be interesting to find out otherwise

i watched a documentary about a girl (fully sighted) , her parents took her on holiday and she instinctively knew what was around every corner in the town , despite having never been ,,,,,,,,,, now obviously it could be all a con , but one theory was that memories can subconsciously be implanted in our dna from our parents/grandparents etc .

ever get that dey ja vu feeling yourself sometimes ?

hence why im asking if blind from birth people dream any images ,,,,,, therefore proving a link from your dna tree.