Rose Return Ruled Out?

13»

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where to start.

1. John Barrowman's Tonight's the Night is only a once a week show that can be filmed in one night, so he can fit that around filming for Doctor Who. He did the same with Torchwood and the Maria show.

2. I'm pretty certain Zach Quinto filmed Star Trek inbetween series of Heroes. That's what actors usually do.

My point with the above is that actors/actresses can have more then 1 project on the go at once, look at Micheal J Fox, the producers of Family Ties would not let him take time off during filming to film Back to the Future so he filmed FT from something like 8am till 10pm and then filmed BTTF from 10pm till 4-5 am, go 2 hours sleep and was back at it.

3. If Billie Piper followed the schedule you're suggesting, when would she rest and see her son?

Thats a complete non issue, 99% of actors/actress's know what scheduels come with filming and are happy to accept the downside's that come with it, Im sure if she wanted to appear alongside Tennant one last time she would't think twice about missing her son for a few weeks.

4. I'm not saying she won't be in it. I'm just saying it doesn't look like she'll be a main character. She might just make a cameo appearance, like Sarah Jane. A little scene that might already have been filmed.

I completely agree with point 4 as mentioned previously, not due to filming scheduels but just for the sheer fact that I dont think Rose has a place in the episode.
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree with most people though that Rose's story has been told, The Doctor got what he wanted (to see Rose happy and say a proper goodbye) and she got what she wanted (a Doctor 10.5 that she could ravish as many times as she wanted).

Except that Doctor 10.5 clearly wasn't what she wanted and the Doctor didn't see her happy. It was a rubbish ending for Rose, as compared to the terrific ending she got in Doomsday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,991
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Except that Doctor 10.5 clearly wasn't what she wanted and the Doctor didn't see her happy. It was a rubbish ending for Rose, as compared to the terrific ending she got in Doomsday.

I think both were tragic endings for Rose....all in all, she can never really have what she wants....so that is her ending.....
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    crazzyaz7 wrote: »
    I think both were tragic endings for Rose....all in all, she can never really have what she wants....so that is her ending.....

i think i said elsewhere at some point, but it seems to me that that is a theme of those who travel with The Doctor in nu-who...Rose, Jack, Martha, and, as far as we know, Donna....their lives go on, and not necessarily badly, but nor quite how they might have chosen.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    i think i said elsewhere at some point, but it seems to me that that is a theme of those who travel with The Doctor in nu-who...Rose, Jack, Martha, and, as far as we know, Donna....their lives go on, and not necessarily badly, but nor quite how they might have chosen.....

Yes very true....although Donna is the only one who can't remember about what kind of life she did prefer:(
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes very true....although Donna is the only one who can't remember about what kind of life she did prefer:(

yes true, but all that is still up in the air.....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Thats part of my point Doomsdays was sooo great of an ending but to bring her back just wee'd all over DD, and now if they brought her back again it would wee all over JE and double wee all over DD, keep bringing her back and the impact will lessen and lessen until Martha is officially the Most tragic of endings for the Docs companion:D
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Yes, but Doomsday was a poignant tragic ending that worked brilliantly, and Journey's End was a stupid pointless tragic ending.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, but Doomsday was a poignant tragic ending that worked brilliantly, and Journey's End was a stupid pointless tragic ending.

Still Tragic though;)

But on a serious note, like I have said before, hopefully this is the last message for her that the Doctor doesn't want her to travel with him....and so at least she won't try to come back like she did before......
  • Options
    JessicaLJessicaL Posts: 3,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still Tragic though;)

But on a serious note, like I have said before, hopefully this is the last message for her that the Doctor doesn't want her to travel with him....and so at least she won't try to come back like she did before......

Thats quite a assumpion you're making crazzyaz :) to me Ten seen Rose weary and saddened in Journey's end and he tried to give her happiness as best he could -I think he loves her.
    Anyway we shall see what happens in the specials :) personally I think the sad triangle of Rose,Doctor2 and Ten will be revisited in the specials ...like Donna -would look odd to the viewers imo if RTD ignored how much darker Rose was in Journey's End and he left her and Ten with that ambiguous ending ..

I know some complain that the beautiful Doomsday should have been the last we seen of Billie on Who.It's the most natural thing for a lovely tv pairing to be reunited when their creator (RTD) is leaving though and of course David is leaving the TARDIS also..
    You are all looking at Stolen Earth/Journey's end as a separate story to the specials but personally I think it's a scene setter ....i'm not saying I think we'll see the Daleks and Davros back -I don't think we will.But I think it was never intended to be looked at as a stand alone story...Ten's heartbreak and devastating loss,Donna's tragedy,ambiguous Rose and Doctor2 ....it's all a scene setter totally to be returned to and always was is my guess.Series 4 still continues .. 4-15,4-16,4-17,4-18.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JessicaL wrote: »
    Thats quite a assumpion you're making crazzyaz :) to me Ten seen Rose weary and saddened in Journey's end and he tried to give her happiness as best he could -I think he loves her.
    Anyway we shall see what happens in the specials :) personally I think the sad triangle of Rose,Doctor2 and Ten will be revisited in the specials ...like Donna -would look odd to the viewers imo if RTD ignored how much darker Rose was in Journey's End and if he left her and Ten with that ambiguous ending ..

I know some complain that the beautiful Doomsday should have been the last we seen of Billie on Who.It's the most natural thing for a lovely tv pairing to be reunited when their creator (RTD) is leaving though.You are all looking at Stolen Earth/Journey's end as a separate story to the specials but personally I think it's a scene setter ....i'm not saying I think we'll see the Daleks and Davros back -I don't think we will.But I think it was never intended to be looked at as a stand alone story...Ten's heartbreak and devastating loss,Donna's tragedy,ambiguous Rose and Doctor2 ....it's all a scene setter totally to be returned to and always was imo.Series 4 still continues .. 4-15,4-16,4-17,4-18.

Nope...just saying what the Doctor said in POTD....he doesn't want anyone to travel with him now....and that includes Rose.....

Like I said in previous posts, he has had enough of losing people, he has already felt the pain of losing Rose, he doesn't want to go through it agian which he would one day if had stayed with him.....

:)
  • Options
    JessicaLJessicaL Posts: 3,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope...just saying what the Doctor said in POTD....he doesn't want anyone to travel with him now....and that includes Rose.....

Like I said in previous posts, he has had enough of losing people, he has already felt the pain of losing Rose, he doesn't want to go through it agian which he would one day if had stayed with him.....

Oh we agree he did what he did out of caring then -I understand your comment better now :).

I think it's all scene setters personally ..will be interesting to see The Waters of Mars ..
  • Options
    RevengaRevenga Posts: 11,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think it's quite a leap to suggest not wanting to form new relationships for fear of losing someone close equates to not wanting someone close back.

I mean ... if your partner died, you'd be wary at first of forming such a close relationship again in case you got hurt again. But given the chance to have that person back, you'd take it in an instant.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Revenga wrote: »
    I think it's quite a leap to suggest not wanting to form new relationships for fear of losing someone close equates to not wanting someone close back.

I mean ... if your partner died, you'd be wary at first of forming such a close relationship again in case you got hurt again. But given the chance to have that person back, you'd take it in an instant.

It would be a leap if the Doctor hadn't said "Not anymore..." in POTD.....and hadn't talked about his heart being broken in TND......

But he did....and for me that suggests that not only has he had enough of wanting new companions (not to say that he will never ever have any, but this is his state of mind right now)....but also doesn't want to look back on taking those that he has lost before....as this isn't the same as a Human maybe wanting someone they lost back....because if that did happen for a human....they might be able to live their lives together again.....but the Doctor can't do that....he lives on....and he knows he will lose Rose again eventually, just like in his mind he has lost Donna too now....hence the obvious comment made by both Rose and the Doctor two, about Doctor 2 growing old at the same time as Rose.....which will one day mean they both die...

I am looking at this through the Doctor's eyes, and what he has said, and what he did...i.e putting Rose back on the parallel world......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Iv always wondered if Donna has actually forgotten who he is, she inherited part time lord during the metacrisis so surely she would have been able to prevent the doctor from wiping her memory if she wanted to since she would have the same ability???

Or maybe I am just hoping for some huge scene where the Doctor realises she didnt forget and she has stayed away for the purpose of protecting him since she knew how lonely he would end up. Tough love may it be.

Also I think if Rose comes back then there is only one option....she must die! Im a big Rose fan I still think Turn Left was one of the standout episodes last year (albeit more for Catherine Tates standout performance) but Rose cant keep having this avenue of coming back and bringing up the whole ''love story'' again. But I do think it is impossible she will be wormed back in some way and if she does appear I think 10.5 will have died or will be essential to the generation of the new Doctor so she will suffer another tragic loss.

Also why not just keep Donna as the new companion for series 5! Im not ready to give up on her yet!
  • Options
    ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    JessicaL wrote: »
    Well for me personally I can't see RTD leaving things with Rose as they are now -Ten not knowing if shes alive or dead viewers not knowing her fate ..

RTD just leaving Doctor2 and his fate untold... ?

nah too many unanswered questions ..there will be a update in the specials I bet ..

For me personally I don't see what else there is to be told. IMO the end of Journey's End was quite obviously the natural resolution to the whole Rose story. That she WILL have the Doctor because she now has a version of him that CAN love her. The Doctor has always been concerned for Rose, but now he knows she will be emotionally safe, and he has always known she can handle anything else. I think part of the reason RTD wrote her as so strong in TSE/JE is so that the Doctor could see how she can cope without him. So the final link was for her to be with the Doctor. To get round that RTD created the Doctor2. Simple, that's it, done and dusted and we can all sleep easy. :D

I don't see what else the fans can expect to see? There will always be some that think things are unfinished, but as far as RTD is concerned I think he thinks it is finished. I'm not saying Rose won't return but her story is done. Otherwise everytime she comes back to Who someone is going to say 'it can't be over yet, her story isn't done...'. If JE doesn't satisfy as a conclusion then I'm not sure what will. We surely don't need to see everything that happens to her and Doc2 afterwards? If so the only way to do that is a spin-off (please no! :D)

We all know this is realy about the Tennant obsessives wanting more. :D;)

best