How to change ink in an Epson S20 printer

I feel really daft posting this, but I can't work out how to get the cartridge holder in the right position for me to change the ink.

It needs to sit in a certain place, and the first time it needed changing, a window appeared on the PC screen asking me if I wanted to change the ink, and when I said yes, it moved it into the right place for me.

That message isn't reappearing this time, and I've only got 2 buttons on the actual printer, one of which is the on/off button and the other is an orange light which tells me there is no ink but does nothing when I press it!

It's driving me dotty, and the FAQs page it directs me to says that the ink holders should move into the right place when I open the lid and press the start button, but that just makes it dart about crazily for a few seconds and then disappear again! :(

All I can find on the Internet is how much ink the printer uses, which I'm inclined to agree with, as it's only a couple of weeks since I put the last cartridge in... :(

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,153
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I feel really daft posting this, but I can't work out how to get the cartridge holder in the right position for me to change the ink.
    I have a Epson R800, and access to the print maintenance screen is via the 'print' command in software - you access it by opening a document in Word (or whatever), then clicking File>Print>Properties>Maintenance. Try that.
  • jkainjkain Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Here is a step-by-step guide from Epson support.

Regarding ink usage, are you using official Epson carts?. If so i would suggest trying out some compatibles which will be much cheaper and often give you more ink per cart too. Something like these from Inkshop. £10.95 delivered for a full set of 4. :)
  • ElCantoDelLocoElCantoDelLoco Posts: 6,637
    Forum Member
    Thanks so much, that's worked, thank goodness!

That is the screen which I somehow found by mistake before, not sure how.. but I'll remember in future now! :)