Rose reference in new series

Comments

• KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    Hopefully it'll be a line like "I just had word from the parallel universe. Rose is dead and she ain't ever coming back. Now Amy, Rory, where would you like to go next?"
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 733
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rose was great with 9. With 10, she just got clingy and jealous.

Wasn't that the whole point though. She was representing true human emotion. We get jealous and possesive very easily, especially with someone like the Doctor. For me, she was the most believable companion that we've had on new who, possibly on par with Amy. The negatives made her more real I suppose.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    gagaluv wrote: »
    Wasn't that the whole point though. She was representing true human emotion. We get jealous and possesive very easily, especially with someone like the Doctor. For me, she was the most believable companion that we've had on new who, possibly on par with Amy. The negatives made her more real I suppose.

But it's not something I want to see week in and week out. Rose was fine for me, even in series 2. My problem was how she kept on reappearing in series 3 and 4! Horrible!!
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people actually liked Rose and Ten, though, me for one.

I was also happy with her various returns.

I'm sorry some people didn't like her, but she was a big part of the Doctor's life, he obviously was very fond of her, and I'll be interested to hear this reference to her, whatever it is.
  • LowriLowri Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some people actually liked Rose and Ten, though, me for one.

I was also happy with her various returns.

I'm sorry some people didn't like her, but she was a big part of the Doctor's life, he obviously was very fond of her, and I'll be interested to hear this reference to her, whatever it is.

Me too :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 901
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really liked Rose...but trly hope its a mention and not her showing up. she's now happy in the other Universe and it would be rude to take her from there...and I think its annoying when they toss in old characters again and again.

they could drop Jack in for a bit though - would REALLY love to see him and 11 play off each other. and after TARDIS called Rory the pretty one, it would be interesting to see who he flirts with the most. LOL
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I read this interview and Moffat said the reference had already happened (before The Doctor's Wife)
  • Blake ConnollyBlake Connolly Posts: 9,509
    Forum Member
    they could drop Jack in for a bit though - would REALLY love to see him and 11 play off each other. and after TARDIS called Rory the pretty one, it would be interesting to see who he flirts with the most. LOL

Someone mentioned the idea in another thread the other day - Jack absolutely has to meet River Song, it'd just be too good. Moffat needs to make this happen!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What's with the Rose hate? :confused: And calm down you lot, it said there would be a reference, she's not coming back. :rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone mentioned the idea in another thread the other day - Jack absolutely has to meet River Song, it'd just be too good. Moffat needs to make this happen!

Absolutely agree! :D If not in Who, River needs to join Torchwood. :cool: I don't know which one would flirt more. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
    Forum Member
    Has the Rose reference happened yet?
  • summer_stesummer_ste Posts: 5,524
    Forum Member
    Where is the interview? :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I liked Rose...till series 4, was too much then...the original ending for her (end of series 2) was the better ending for her I felt
  • gareth1408gareth1408 Posts: 408
    Forum Member
    Lowri wrote: »
    Me too :)

Me Three! :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 101
    Forum Member
    I am not sure, but somewhere in my foggy memory I recall a reference to bad wolf. Could that be what he was talking about?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "I mean, Jack, who I wrote in the show, I'd love to have him back. I was thinking he should really be here recently but he's busy [filming Torchwood: Miracle Day].

"And I mean there are references to Davies's characters - we just had a reference to Rose, in fact. In my head there is a continuing story. There's no idea that we're abandoning anything. There is an element that The Doctor moves on from people in a rather scary but inevitable way. He won't be nearby forever."

"We just had a reference to Rose"

Does that mean...that the reference was in the episode just gone? Or that it has just been filmed?

What do you reckon?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jodster223 wrote: »
    I am not sure, but somewhere in my foggy memory I recall a reference to bad wolf. Could that be what he was talking about?

When was that? I could well have missed it, I wouldn't be surprised
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    That quote from Moffat was taken from an interview published before the new series started so he was obviously referring to something they'd filmed - it may not have been on-air yet.

The original interview is worth reading - http://gothamist.com/2011/04/21/steven_moffatt_executive_producer_o.php
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Could someone tweet Moffat or someone from the 'who' team and ask what episode we can expect it in or what it meant? As we don't know whether it's been or if it's coming lol
  • molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bump?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,151
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A surprisingly frank interview from Moffat there which took place just before filming of ep.13 that could make 'just done a reference to Rose' mean ep.8 or filmed before that ep.12.

There is already in The Doctor & Idris's goodbye a visual allusion to The Doc and Rose's goodbye in Doomsday.

...and in DotM, a red bicycle on the orphanage stairs.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HandsomeBB wrote: »
    There is already in The Doctor & Idris's goodbye a visual allusion to The Doc and Rose's goodbye in Doomsday.

...and in DotM, a red bicycle on the orphanage stairs.
    Are you calling Rose the estate bike! :eek:

:p

I thought an ideal opportunity was when the two ships (pirate and space) were co-existing and the Doctor talked about universes existing within universes. Perfect time to say you can't travel between them, and so on. Or how he had a friend in one of them. But he didn't.
  • MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    There's at least a couple of stories coming up that involve creatures or locations that The Doctor interacted with whilst Rose was with him.