Options

Why no red ribbon for Tulisa.

methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
Forum Member
Why was everyone except Tulisa wearing a Red Ribbon? Is she homophobic or something (which I very much doubt)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 544
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perhaps she dropped it somewhere. I remember when Kelly Clarkson was on Xtra the other week, and she was going on about how pretty the poppies looked and how she lost hers. Or perhaps she just never thought of wearing one.
  • Options
    HermanazoHermanazo Posts: 2,304
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She had one drawn with a red marker on her arm. Or not.

Yeah, it was odd. Other contestants didn't wear it either, or I couldn't spot it...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    Odd some did some did not... should be all do imo..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    As far as I could see all the contestants wore a ribbon and all the judges except Tulisa had ribbon badges and lovely Dermot was wearing his.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,652
    Forum Member
    methodyguy wrote: »
    As far as I could see all the contestants wore a ribbon and all the judges except Tulisa had ribbon badges and lovely Dermot was wearing his.

Maybe she does not support this then.. bit bad but there you go..
  • Options
    dylanpartyondylanpartyon Posts: 11,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How would she be homophobic. The Red Ribbon symbolises the fight against AIDS, nothing to do with sexuality...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Maybe she does not support this then.. bit bad but there you go..

Well if Tulisa doesn't feel anything for all the people who have Died from an Aids related illness and the people who are living with the virus, all I can say is shame on her and I hope she doesnt return to the x factor next year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    How would she be homophobic. The Red Ribbon symbolises the fight against AIDS, nothing to do with sexuality...

I agree so why not wear the ribbon then?
  • Options
    TyjetTyjet Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    She probably wore it in some styled form. Iirc, she wore a poppy in the form of a ring, so she'll have done something similar with the ribbon.
  • Options
    InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    methodyguy wrote: »
    Why was everyone except Tulisa wearing a Red Ribbon? Is she homophobic or something (which I very much doubt)

The only person exhibiting ignorance when it comes to homosexuality is you, AIDS is not a disease limited to homosexuals.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen the recap on the repeat show and all the contestants wore a ribbon for their first songs and Amelia and Marcus also wore one for their second song but Misha and Little Mix didn't

As a judge I would have thought that Tulisa should have worn one .... but ther again she didn't wear a poppy for remembrance week and chose to wear a poppy ring instead which I found was a bit disrespectful as the poppy symbol isn't meant to be a fashion accessory
  • Options
    Forum Member
    InMyArms wrote: »
    The only person exhibiting ignorance when it comes to homosexuality is you, AIDS is not a disease limited to homosexuals.

I have already cleared that up :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    watching the Xtra factor repeat on ITV2 now it looks like she may be wearing a ring representing the red ribbon ... but I still think that's more of a fashion accessory than the ribbon supporting the cause
  • Options
    Forum Member
    diamond1 wrote: »
    watching the Xtra factor repeat on ITV2 now it looks like she may be wearing a ring representing the red ribbon ... but I still think that's more of a fashion accessory than the ribbon supporting the cause

I agree if a ribbon is good enough for everyone else why not her after all is she special or some and TBH I didn't know the u could get red ribbon rings. :confused:
  • Options
    floopy123floopy123 Posts: 6,003
    Forum Member
    She didn't have one cos she's never heard of HIV or AIDS or most pop singers before 1990.

Poor girl, she is very innocent about life. :p

I thought World AIDS Day was like a holiday where you were supposed to go out, have casual sex and get AIDS. I thought it was a celebration of the disease.

Good thing I found out just in time! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 124
    Forum Member
    Oh Ffs, so what if she doesn't wear one? Why the hell should she?
  • Options
    Since YesterdaySince Yesterday Posts: 5,051
    Forum Member
    See post #14. She's wearing it as a ring, on the third finger of her left hand:

http://img706.imageshack.us/img706/3326/image1ql.png
  • Options
    iamsofirediamsofired Posts: 13,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ugh hate the way people on TV have to be seen to be doing the PC thing. Just like poppy day you never see a single person on TV without one but most younger people in particular wouldnt wear one in the street.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    floopy123 wrote: »
    She didn't have one cos she's never heard of HIV or AIDS or most pop singers before 1990.

Poor girl, she is very innocent about life. :p

I thought World AIDS Day was like a holiday where you were supposed to go out, have casual sex and get AIDS. I thought it was a celebration of the disease.

Good thing I found out just in time! :D

:D:D:D
  • Options
    SwanGirlSwanGirl Posts: 2,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just seen the recap on the repeat show and all the contestants wore a ribbon for their first songs and Amelia and Marcus also wore one for their second song but Misha and Little Mix didn't

As a judge I would have thought that Tulisa should have worn one .... but ther again she didn't wear a poppy for remembrance week and chose to wear a poppy ring instead which I found was a bit disrespectful as the poppy symbol isn't meant to be a fashion accessory

Tell that to the Poppy Appeal who actually sell the Poppy Ring for around 30 pounds.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I always found the fashion accessory thing a bit rude tbh, especially since those things cost more and so more money goes to the worthy cause.
  • Options
    oh viennaoh vienna Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    assboy43 wrote: »
    Oh Ffs, so what if she doesn't wear one? Why the hell should she?

Agreed.

I hate the sort of attitude that if you don't wear poppies/ribbons/wristbands then you're a bad person. Maybe some people just don't want to. And what's wrong with that? It doesn't always mean they don't support the cause, either, and I think it's quite ignorant to automatically assume that they don't.

I always get a poppy each year but that's my choice. Those who choose not to wear them aren't wrong for doing so, just like I'm not automatically "right" for doing so...it's not even about right or wrong, it's about personal beliefs and how some people are uncomfortable conforming to social dos and don'ts, while others don't see an issue. I think each "side" is just as entitled to do as they please. The fact that we as a society police this sort of thing so much now and are so judgemental towards those who choose not to follow the masses disturbs me as things like this should be about individual choice. I also think if things like this are so enforced, in a sense, it becomes meaningless. I'd feel it a shame people are more likely to wear poppies/ribbons/wristbands because they feel they have to rather than because they genuinely wanted to.
  • Options
    Cha Cha HeelsCha Cha Heels Posts: 653
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't wear a poppy or a red ribbon but I support both causes.

I'm unconvinced that the red ribbon overload on TV has any effect on the cause whatsoever.
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It's the poppy appeal themselves who are selling the various forms of the poppy in rings, hair bands, broaches, etc.
  • Options
    M@nterikM@nterik Posts: 6,982
    Forum Member
    It is a matter of free will here. People can wear one if they want to. I noticed at PMQ's there were politicians on all sides of the house wearing them as there were politicians who were not. It is a bit of a non-issue really and I do not see why anyone should be labelled bigotted or uncaring for not wearing one.

I do not wear one, I do not wear a pink ribbon for breast cancer, I do not give to sport relief, comic relief or children in need but I will wear a poppy. This does not mean I am anti any cause. I give money to charity every month, 4 charities, and quite frankly I get fed up with people who seem to think those that do not give to the big events and the major causes are in some way bigotted or uncaring. Those sitting in judgement do not know what these people do for charity and are simply trying to make themselves look compassionate.