Is DYNAMO the magician some sort of freak of nature?

12345679»

Comments

• MoggioMoggio Posts: 4,289
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TenerC wrote: »
    on america got talent there`s a "mid reader" and he asked Sharon to think of a name, now before hand he could have done some background checking and found out the names of relatives ex`s friends pets... he then wrote down a name and asked her to say the name she was thinking of, and he got it right.

What makes you think he wrote the name down before she said it and not after?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    its just techniques and illusion, mixed with actors or luck

think of a vegetable
    carrot

think of a number......has to be btween 10-50 .......both figures in the number must be odd(so 22 is out but 13 is good.....and both numbers must be different

most people answer predictably
    and how many outakes does he get when his guesses dont work
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    he's the guy that walks on water :cool:

Well most of his "tricks" really do baffle me but I saw the walking on water ( river ) trick and worked it out straight away .

It was obvious that he was walking on something , presumably a clear Perspex pathway that was partly across the river .

I later found a story about the "illusion " and on checking the river records for that day it was found that the river authority "closed" or stopped access to the river for all boats for a 3 hour period ( the window of opportunity for the scam to be set up and carried out ) ... Pretty simple really given enough money .
  • Zizu58Zizu58 Posts: 3,658
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    grps3 wrote: »

think of a vegetable
    carrot

think of a number......has to be btween 10-50 .......both figures in the number must be odd(so 22 is out but 13 is good.....and both numbers must be different

Write a big number 7 on the palm of your hand . Then ask random people to pick a number between 1 and 10 .

Supposedly 9 out of 10 people choose 7 for some strange reason . I have done this trick and it works rather well .
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,345
    Forum Member
    He's a witch! Burn him!!!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 423
    Forum Member
    Moggio wrote: »
    What makes you think he wrote the name down before she said it and not after?

i`ve just watched the clip again, and got a little mixed up, but still right in what i said,

she wrote the name he couldn`t see it, camera shot didn`t show it no audience behind her, he then guessed 2 letters then wrote down the name.

i didn`t see him palm the paper even tough he did touch it or open it when showing to the other judges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt0yA3kfmZ0
  • degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    Pootmatoot wrote: »
    I've always got the impression that Derren Brown is a genuine magician... his tricks don't rely on stooges and camera tricks.... just very gullible suggestible people.
    He is a top quality magician along with the mind tricks etc.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnDYD2b2lsc
  • Get2ZahDoctahGet2ZahDoctah Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    Doesnt he just hire Joe Public to look surprised?
  • NestNest Posts: 1,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

think of a vegetable
    carrot

ha ha ! I guess I answered predictably but when I revealed the spoilers I did have to say out loud ... Oh F*** Off! ha ha! Good one :)
  • zx50zx50 Posts: 91,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doesnt he just hire Joe Public to look surprised?

I'm convinced this was the case with David Blaine. When the camera caught their reactions, you never saw David doing his trick. The camera never had the viewers and David both in shot. This is what instantly convinced me that Blaine was fake.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    ooohh how did he do that javelin through his stomach :eek:
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

think of a vegetable
    carrot

I just tried this on two friends. Carrots and 35, both of them. They think I am incredible. :D
  • InspirationInspiration Posts: 62,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    zx50 wrote: »
    I'm convinced this was the case with David Blaine. When the camera caught their reactions, you never saw David doing his trick. The camera never had the viewers and David both in shot. This is what instantly convinced me that Blaine was fake.

I think DB was real in some of what he did on the street. Street magic is possible. Impressing people is possible. Yes there was probably some editing but I doubt he needed to use actors.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,787
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not going to say it's all just tricks, No point. but how he does them is amazing. You have to admire it.

I am still amazed at how he can put a mobile phone inside an empty beer bottle.
  • James2001James2001 Posts: 73,656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    fender101 wrote: »
    I am still amazed at how he can put a mobile phone inside an empty beer bottle.

He swaps the empty bottle with a bottle with a phone in with the stooge behind him and quickly chucks the phone in his jacket. You can actually seem him doing that on screen!
  • egghead1egghead1 Posts: 4,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TenerC wrote: »
    i`ve just watched the clip again, and got a little mixed up, but still right in what i said,

she wrote the name he couldn`t see it, camera shot didn`t show it no audience behind her, he then guessed 2 letters then wrote down the name.

i didn`t see him palm the paper even tough he did touch it or open it when showing to the other judges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rt0yA3kfmZ0

Dittleman is a good magician Dynamo is not.That clip is honest no stooge,no TV trickery just honest magician work.
  • DomestosDomestos Posts: 7,014
    Forum Member
    I love Dynamo, he's very clever