• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    gillypanda wrote: »
    That first cry the baby makes always makes me all teary :(

And me.
  • Hayley_babyHayley_baby Posts: 15,825
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lol at next weeks preview I really don't think its a good idea to tell a woman in labour screaming for a epidural that she has temporarily lost her mind! :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 413
    Forum Member
    dezire wrote: »
    texting should be banned from delivery rooms!

I agree! My OH sat in the corner texting as i gave birth :eek: Right enough, there was about 20 people in the room and they shoved him into a corner so he couldnt see a thing and he did text my mum as each baby was born but my god i was annoyed at the time lol
  • CLA29CLA29 Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    What does upset me is that they often feature women begging for pain relief and they seem to get ignored. I thought there were several pain relief options like epidural and pethadin or something.
    If I ever have a baby I want vast amounts of painkillers. I would go mad if I was lied to and denied them
    Forum Member
    lol at next weeks preview I really don't think its a good idea to tell a woman in labour screaming for a epidural that she has temporarily lost her mind! :eek:

I remember being the same with my second child. I went into some sort of delirious state where i wasn't even aware of what was going on. I then kept 'coming back down to earth' realising I was in agony, and taking myself back off again. Very strange experience. Possibly too much gas and air contributed to that though! Midwife told me I had to breathe in SOME oxygen!
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww baby Hazel's gorgeous - pretty name too! :)
    Forum Member
    JayBird78 wrote: »
    I remember being the same with my second child. I went into some sort of delirious state where i wasn't even aware of what was going on. I then kept 'coming back down to earth' realising I was in agony, and taking myself back off again. Very strange experience. Possibly too much gas and air contributed to that though! Midwife told me I had to breathe in SOME oxygen!
    Yep G&A definitely contributes to that! I felt like i was on another planet the entire 9 hours i was in hospital in labour lol
    And literally 2 min before baby one was born, the panic stage kicked in and i was begging for an epidural (which i said i would never want as long as it wasn't necessary!) and declaring i couldnt do it. The student midwife seemed to be the only one in a room full of people who could 'bring me back down'.
    Forum Member
    jennaxhx wrote: »
    Yep G&A definitely contributes to that! I felt like i was on another planet the entire 9 hours i was in hospital in labour lol
    And literally 2 min before baby one was born, the panic stage kicked in and i was begging for an epidural (which i said i would never want as long as it wasn't necessary!) and declaring i couldnt do it. The student midwife seemed to be the only one in a room full of people who could 'bring me back down'.

I was apparently screaming as each time I 'came down' the midwife asked me why I was screaming...I couldn't even hear myself, but realised I was because of the pressure in my throat. I always vowed I would never be a screamer :eek: :o
    Forum Member
    Another bizarre experience I had, with baby number 1....I was convinced the whole 'pain' thing was some sort of conspiracy and if I got off the bed and went home it would all go away. The midwife had to practically pin me down as I was attached to a drip and the foetal heart monitor.
    Forum Member
    Another bizarre experience I had, with baby number 1....I was convinced the whole 'pain' thing was some sort of conspiracy and if I got off the bed and went home it would all go away. The midwife had to practically pin me down as I was attached to a drip and the foetal heart monitor.

Haha! Never heard that one before! :p
    Forum Member
    Would anyone here want to be filmed giving birth? I really don't think I would.
    Forum Member

nooo way! I would make an idiot of myself and dont really fancy everyone seeing me at my absolute worst with legs akimbo lol
  • d0lphind0lphin Posts: 25,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Absolutely not!

Mind you - I wonder how much they pay? :p
  • riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I certainly wouldn't! I'm far too much of a wimp, and watching women like that one tonight who went through the whole thing with nothing for pain makes me feel so inadequate! But my labours did last for days!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,363
    Forum Member
    I loved the yoga couple. He was hilarious when he pressed all the lighting switches thinking they were the red button to call the midwife.
    That poor labouring mum, why didn't the cameraman tell him where it was?
  • granny smithgranny smith Posts: 604
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LIZALYNN wrote: »
    I loved the yoga couple. He was hilarious when he pressed all the lighting switches thinking they were the red button to call the midwife.

The cameras in the rooms are like CCTV there aren't any actual cameramen in the room :D:D:D
  • prgirl_cescaprgirl_cesca Posts: 477
    Forum Member
    The active birth was wonderful, she did so well just listening to her body and getting on with it. I'd be curious to know how long her labour was. Wish people would stop taking the piss out of someone for wanting a natural birth with no medication, it's quite a common birth plan and it's not only hippies that want to do it au naturale! She definitely sounded like she was having an orgasm at one point, but then I know people who have had them during labour!!! It was the last reaction my body would have had to the pain of giving birth that's for sure!

The bit where he's trying to call the midwife was hilarious. I could tell by her voice that she was pushing and at one point I was convinced she was going to have the baby on her own in the room!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 432
    Forum Member
    LIZALYNN wrote: »

I was laughing so much at that bit.

Never watched this before last night. My wife wanted to watch it though. When we were buying our house we watched location, location, location. When we were planning our wedding we watched bridezillas and don't tell the bride. So I can guess whats going to happen next!
    Forum Member
    Episode 2 starting now....
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Evening all :)

According to Facebook, this one tonight is about grandmas. I was at my granddaughter's birth 14 months ago, and cut her cord, so I am looking forward to this :)
    Forum Member
    I bet that was an amazing experience for you gillypanda. :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 693
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What IS that annoying ear piercing high pitched noise they play at 'important bits' with music. Like just now, when the boy was talking about learning he was to be a father for the first time?
  • gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I bet that was an amazing experience for you gillypanda. :)

It was amazing. To see that little life come into the world, and hold her a few minutes later, was one of the best experiences of my life :)
  • bryemycazbryemycaz Posts: 11,737
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gillypanda wrote: »
    It was amazing. To see that little life come into the world, and hold her a few minutes later, was one of the best experiences of my life :)

A dad here and yes it was with mine both times, (although today I felt like throttling the eldest a 7 year old back chatting me) :D
  • Keren-HappuchKeren-Happuch Posts: 2,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Awww I have heard stories from midwives of women when they're in transition suddenly announcing they want to go home and trying to walk out of the room.