Options

Mobile phone numbers.

.exe.exe Posts: 2,243
Forum Member
✭✭✭
When soapies call each other their numbers sometimes flash up on the other mobile.

Has anyone ever called them? I'm just curious I wouldn't call them myself, but I'm sure someone has tried, has anyone ever spoken to someone or are they switched off?

Comments

• Options
    dancing.queendancing.queen Posts: 14,090
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was controversy once because a TV show showed a number and it was the bombarded with calls and texts. I can't remember what TV show it was or when it happened.
  • Options
    ItsallaboutyouItsallaboutyou Posts: 1,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wasnt there a pop video where someones number came up and the people were harassed with calls asking to speak to the singer?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I rang McKlunkies up once & placed a large order for pizza & spicy chicken wings.

Think I might have ordered a can of Lilt as well.

I bet they were fuming when I never showed up - thank goodness I gave my name as mo mouse.

:)
  • Options
    thismorningfanthismorningfan Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I phoned Phil's number around 3 years ago - The producers of the show answered, and I shouted "Give me a part in the show!" and when there was no answer, I shouted "Please!" :D:D They then proceeded to put the phone down. :p:p:p
  • Options
    lionkingonstagelionkingonstage Posts: 3,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I phoned Susan Kennedy's number. No response though haha
  • Options
    pothuthicpothuthic Posts: 47,103
    Forum Member
    I rung Fat Pats number and a producer answered aha
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I phoned Phil's number around 3 years ago - The producers of the show answered, and I shouted "Give me a part in the show!" and when there was no answer, I shouted "Please!" :D:D They then proceeded to put the phone down. :p:p:p

Hahah, you could have said so much more
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,556
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would anyone wanna bother doing that. Apart from teenagers!!
  • Options
    thismorningfanthismorningfan Posts: 1,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    .exe wrote: »
    Hahah, you could have said so much more

I know, I regretted not saying more after. :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why would anyone wanna bother doing that. Apart from teenagers!!

Curiosity. I was curious but didn't ring one, I thought I would ask if others had.
  • Options
    VIP101VIP101 Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was controversy once because a TV show showed a number and it was the bombarded with calls and texts. I can't remember what TV show it was or when it happened.

Yeah it happened when Sam came back into EE in 2009. Ricky got a text from her and a lot of people rang this woman's number. They had to edit her number out on the omnibus lol.
  • Options
    richhoopsrichhoops Posts: 123
    Forum Member
    Usually they are fake numbers, ofcom have a range reserved for TV use 07700 900000 to 900999 anything between those numbers is a prop.

There's an article about it here

http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/2010/02/tv-dramas/
  • Options
    CollieWobblesCollieWobbles Posts: 27,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish they'd show Cain's:o;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I phoned Shirley Carter and she offered to talk dirty for a pound a minute :eek:

:o
  • Options
    mo mousemo mouse Posts: 38,764
    Forum Member
    I rang McKlunkies up once & placed a large order for pizza & spicy chicken wings.

I bet they were fuming when I never showed up - thank goodness I gave my name as mo mouse.

So that's your game. I wondered why I had Shirley knocking on my door with her scooter parked outside.
  • Options
    Forum Member

Have to say UQ, one of my favourite ever posts. Quality.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    klendathu wrote: »
    I phoned Shirley Carter and she offered to talk dirty for a pound a minute :eek:

:o

with her boots kept on i presume?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mo mouse wrote: »
    Have to say UQ, one of my favourite ever posts. Quality.

:D:D:D

Sorry about that pal, in my defence I think I had a few on board that night.

So you can imagine the guilt I felt when in a later episode, I caught sight of your picture on the McKlunkie's 'Wall of Shame.'

There you were under the heading ... "People NOT Welcome in this Establishment" ... in between Ben Mitchell & Fatboy.

Completely not my fault though mate, it was the drink talking. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    :D:D:D

Sorry about that pal, in my defence I think I had a few on board that night.

So you can imagine the guilt I felt when in a later episode, I caught sight of your picture on the McKlunkie's 'Wall of Shame.'

There you were under the heading ... "People NOT Welcome in this Establishment" ... in between Ben Mitchell & Fatboy.

Completely not my fault though mate, it was the drink talking. :)

No worries. I tend to have a hotpot at The Flying Horse these days anyway. Stella Rigby should wash her mouth out with soap. The filth she comes out with.
  • Options
    Scorpio2Scorpio2 Posts: 5,632
    Forum Member
    wondered that too lol.
  • Options
    SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasnt there a pop video where someones number came up and the people were harassed with calls asking to speak to the singer?

Yes. A phone number sung on a track by rapper Soulja Boy led to an unsuspecting couple in Oldham being bombarded with calls from his fans because that happened to be their home number.