• Options
    Ollie_h19Ollie_h19 Posts: 8,548
    Forum Member
    Oops, ignore me...
  • Options
    nittynattynoonittynattynoo Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    So does this mean we have to wait a fortnight for episode 3 or will that go up on iplayer next Thursday?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just finished Episode 2! They go by too fast! Cant wait for Ep 3, hopefully it will be on iPlayer next week.
  • Options
    tiltonlandtiltonland Posts: 234
    Forum Member
    Up to it's usual brilliant standard,not sure some people are getting Laura,, the character has been in slow meltdown from the start mocking Steve yet stealing money from him,,,,, one minute smugly confident next crumbling into bits,,,great TV:)
  • Options
    daisyduck1976daisyduck1976 Posts: 1,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »

Laura is compellingly horrific. But its her day and as far as she is concerned, what she says goes. No one, especially her bridesmaid can answer back because she can crush them. Great to see the woman from Derek (I forget het name) playing an equally awful character, a million miles away from her character in Derek.

Cant wait for ep 2.

I enjoyed this first episode too. I actually think it's realistic that she is even more vile on her wedding day. I have seen several slightly annoying women turn the vile dial up to 1000 on their wedding days. Disgusting and horrible to their mothers, bridesmaids, some poor soul who's come to do their hair, the chauffeur etc. And because it's their wedding day, mostly people bite their tongues. Horrible unforgivable behaviour, but it happens!

If Laura had been anything other than the ultimate bridezilla, I'd have found it out of character. Plus, it serves the purpose of making Paul more sympathetic. I want him to run away and be happy with the middle aged guy. Go Paul! Run, run for your life!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm in a limo!!!
  • Options
    blightyearblightyear Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    Needs more Dan.

When Steve was hugging Becky's mum & she said it hurt - was that suggesting that Steve was hugging too hard or was there a darker reason behind it hurting?
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blightyear wrote: »
    Needs more Dan.

When Steve was hugging Becky's mum & she said it hurt - was that suggesting that Steve was hugging too hard or was there a darker reason behind it hurting?

He was just hugging her too hard to try and make it look like they were close in front of Becky's ex. Also, she was feeling tender due to her hangover.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    blightyear wrote: »
    Needs more Dan.

:eek:
    I dread to ask what you were thinking of.
  • Options
    cris182cris182 Posts: 9,595
    Forum Member
    :eek:
    I dread to ask what you were thinking of.

As much as becky's dad came across as a arse i don't think there is any more to it than steve trying too hard
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like H&H but I really feel like this series will drag on and doesn't make sense if it is 5 episodes. I wanted it to be left on a high point but I really fear it.
  • Options
    blightyearblightyear Posts: 268
    Forum Member
    cris182 wrote: »
    As much as becky's dad came across as a arse i don't think there is any more to it than steve trying too hard
    That's what I'd hoped.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,118
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought in the last series Laura said she was having a baby boy? Off topic I know but she now has a baby girl!

I would have liked to have seen her struggle a bit more with the baby on another series as she seems too selfish to be maternal.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    cris182 wrote: »

No, me neither.
  • Options
    Yorkshire.KingYorkshire.King Posts: 1,467
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 2 - 'Arrival of the Guests' is up on iPlayer now, as a premiere before its shown on BBC3

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01kp2wr/Him_and_Her_The_Wedding_The_Arrival_of_the_Guests/
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Episode 2 - 'Arrival of the Guests' is up on iPlayer now, as a premiere before its shown on BBC3

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01kp2wr/Him_and_Her_The_Wedding_The_Arrival_of_the_Guests/

It has been there for the past week, hopefully ep 3 will be there soon.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watching number 3....: nail biting stuff
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had never seen this show, until I found this thread - watched all three episodes on i player, can't wait till next week now - I love it and have ordered series 1 and 2 from amazon
  • Options
    pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    I love this series, Steve is so unintentionally funny
  • Options
    GaditanoGaditano Posts: 2,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Episode 3 on BBC iPlayer now. It gets better and better........
  • Options
    MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I honestly haven't enjoyed a series like this in a long long time. I wish I could stop myself watching the week after straight away as soon as it's up, but it's so good I can't stop myself.

I don't want to spoiler next weeks for those who haven't seen it, but Laura's reaction during the ceremony was something I expected. She's absolutely vile, and hateful, but I think she knows she is and is actually as insecure as she is hateful. She knows Paul cheats, she knows he lies, she knows he doesn't want to kiss her unless she forces him.....but she still persisted in railroading him into marriage. I think she knows no one would want her as she is.
  • Options
    furkinfurkin Posts: 102
    Forum Member
    Where's the best place to get the full last series ?:o
    I need to catch up.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just caught up with episode 3..it's horrible! And brilliant! OH MY GOD!
    Was I wrong to root for Laura a tiny bit as she essentially forced Paul to marry her?
  • Options
    MindbearMindbear Posts: 2,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ollie_h19 wrote: »
    Just caught up with episode 3..it's horrible! And brilliant! OH MY GOD!
    Was I wrong to root for Laura a tiny bit as she essentially forced Paul to marry her?

I felt pretty sad watching it, she's just a tragedy of a human being. AMAZING episode though.