Home hub problems

Help.....................!!!!

I have had problems with my home hub since it arrived! Early probs with internet now sorted. However, like many, I discovered that the home hub phone did not rng when calls came in on main line number.
I went on forum to find information to make this happen. Bingo..........all ok...........calls made and received via hub phone.
Sadly, today, nothing.............no hub light for phone and no ringing..............
Anyone know what to do...............India says fault with hub and they want to replace it.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    I am fed up trying to make a simple phone call , Hub wont ring as you said , for two days now can only dial out after pressing 5 and using land line , why are we paying for a service , free calls that doesnt work , I keep asking BT and its a waste of time, also my landline is like a wind tunnel , `I am using my mobile more and more.How do we get BT to answer us rather than these auto messages and ref numbers.I spent 45 mins yesterday and was transfered 4 times and asked each time , first line of addresss post code on top of that I am sat with the phone pressed against my ear trying to listen to "another " Indian voice.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Ah..............now working..............apparently there was aproblem with the Broadband Talk system...............this is the problem with dealing with India..............do they know that there is a problem in the UK...............so all now working...........until next time............... :)
  • HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    But of course 'outsourcing' to India doesn't cause loss of employment in the UK and is cost-effective (it just annoys and frustrates the punters).

But who cares about them?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Heinz wrote:
    But of course 'outsourcing' to India doesn't cause loss of employment in the UK and is cost-effective (it just annoys and frustrates the punters).

But who cares about them?

BT broadband technical help is being moved back to the uk. There are already some UK staff on tech help but over the next few weeks there wil; be much more.